1.    #1  
    Newbie here. How exactly does the Notification Light in the Home Button work? I have received emails and it never lights.

Does it light while TP sleeps? While I'm using it?

I have looked everywhere and cant find an answer.

Thanks!
    Go to: settings > screen & lock > Blink Notifications

Make sure it's enabled by it showing the "on" position.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  3.    #3  
    It is, I just don't ever see it blink.
    Send yourself an email with the device in sleep mode (screen not lit). Once the email arrives (make sure you're email accounts are setup on your Touchpad), the light should blink. If not, try restarting the device to see if that clears it up.

The light should be enabled when you have an app in full screen mode and not in card mode (or card view). It will not blink but it will stay lit for the duration that the app/card is in full screen/view.
  5.    #5  
    When I send an email in sleep mode, I don't even get an envelope notification when it wakes, I have to open the email app. If it's awake, I do get the envelope.

The light does behave as you mention with full screen mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by prisoner6 View Post
    When I send an email in sleep mode, I don't even get an envelope notification when it wakes, I have to open the email app. If it's awake, I do get the envelope.

The light does behave as you mention with full screen mode.
    This sounds like either an email issue or a wifi issue and not a blink notification issue.

Go to: Settings > Wi-Fi > tap on left top corner "Wi-Fi" > Sleep Settings > Keep Wi-Fi On.

Make sure that "Keep Wi-Fi On" is ur current setting.
    It also possibly sounds like you may not have your accounts set to check your email at shorter intervals. For example, if your email account is set to check email every 30 minutes and you are only waiting 15 minutes before opening your email app, then it simply didn't check mail within that interval. Make sure you set your email account to either 'as mail arrives' or to a short interval to have it check your mail.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for your help, it looks like a re-start fixed it.