Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    In Alexandria, Virginia, they literally answered the phone like this "Thank you for calling BestBuy. This is 'blahblahblah', we're sold out of the HP Touchpads. How may I help you?"... I was surprised but it answered my question.
    Quote Originally Posted by gilgabo View Post
    A Best Buy employee in one the Scottsdale stores admitted they were allotted another 12 units in either this Wed or Sat shipment, and explained that certain employees are planning to buy them all and resell them on Craigslist. Doesn't surprise me, but I am shocked he would admit as much and so openly.
    This is the kinda stuff that gets me unnerved! Half of us are waiting patiently (okay patience went out the door over a week ago) and BB Employees snag, bag, and reslag the units on Craigslist. Sorli...
    After reading so many complaints about Best Buy, I honestly don't know if it's worth my time to go there in the morning in an attempt to buy one. I mean, they didn't even tell me about receiving more until I told them that I knew about it. It may be wrong for me to think this, but I wonder if the employees will buy and resell them, leaving customers stuck.
    i'm going to post this up so I can film a madness rush tomorrow at my local best buy!
    While the BestBuy here [opelika al] was sold out of touchpads and ALL accessories, They did credit me back $450 off the one I bought on 7/20. I was happy, but I am looking for a case, screen protector and touchstone.

Funny to see the "Tickle me elmo" [insert favorite sold-out Christmas toy] effect on a WebOS device! LOL
    Last edited by e-gadget-guy; 08/24/2011 at 07:45 PM.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Quote Originally Posted by e-gadget-guy View Post
    While the BestBuy here [opelika al] was sold out of touchpads and ALL accessories, They did credit me beck $450 off the one I bought on 7/20. I was happy, but I am looking for a case, screen protector and touchstone.

Funny to see the "Tickle me elmo" [insert favorite sold-out Christmas toy] effect on a WebOS device! LOL
    Well, you're in luck. HP just dropped the retail prices of accessories. Head to BestBuy, Staples, Office Depot, etc.. and grab a $25 case and $40 touchstone. Screen protector, you're on your own, but I would recommend BodyGuardz (you can get them from the PreCentral store!).
    I know its not Bestbuy but I ran to the local Walmarts a few mins ago and both were out still, display is gone and all tags removed. Talked the assistant manager into scanning the system for it and 0 in stock and 0 on order/transist. Sigh.
    Unreal--site was showing you could not order anything at all and to check back later. Updated the browser 2 minutes later and the site was live and on line is sold out of both 16 and 32 GB models....
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    I love this site, thanks to this post I called my local best buy and they just got a shipment in was able to get my wife and daughter a touch pad. My wife and I have had the first palm pre's from the beginning have never had a problem. Webos forever for us. I have to say after using webOS for so long the iphone and iPad make you feel like your trapped in a box.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    I called all of them too, unable to get anyone to say they are getting any more shipments. Called at 8.30 pm back to independence MO, and they said all tickets were picked up and they no longer have any TP's left. Hence I think its useless to go there. Do you want to pm phone numbers so we can text if something comes up? I asked them about their next shipment no clue. they have positioned a girl Christen next to phone to answer all TP questions. I bet they got a big lot but a lot of them must have been taken up by BB employee's.

Confirming that HP in Independence DOES HAVE HP Touchpads IN STOCK. They have about 20 of the 32GB and <10 of the 16GB as of 8:30am 8/24. Manager let me and other dude in to buy em! I was nice and only got one (other dude is getting two). So if you're in Kansas City area, you can still get one! Only two of us out there this morning around 7:45-8:30am otherwise no one is there.

Canceling my onSale order!
    Quote Originally Posted by JCPhoenix View Post
    Confirming that HP in Independence DOES HAVE HP Touchpads IN STOCK. They have about 20 of the 32GB and <10 of the 16GB as of 8:30am 8/24. Manager let me and other dude in to buy em! I was nice and only got one (other dude is getting two). So if you're in Kansas City area, you can still get one! Only two of us out there this morning around 7:45-8:30am otherwise no one is there.

Canceling my onSale order!
    called them, they are all out, darn it, they told me last night they are all out too. wanna call them names. I wish someone would buy a TP for me, I cant seem to have any luck
    If this helped you hit thanks.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123