Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Called mine, they are all out. Wish I would have waited for them to price match mine instead of returning it, but I really thought that once the firesale started, they would say something like Amazon did. Oh well, life goes on, I will track one down, or I will wait until the prices drop on eBay.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    called independence mo, they are handing out tickets, said all tickets are gone. But the truck still wasnt there yet. What is a ticket? does having a ticket means you are assured a TP?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    good day!! Got a 16gb in Dallas 10 mins ago at the Best Buy in LBJ. Also got a price match on my day 1 32gb!!!

There were 11 left and 15 People in line behind me.....this is great!!!!
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    I called at my BB store in Albuquerque, NM and they said they've spoken to HP and said that HP might send them another shipment of Touchpad's but haven't gotten word so just to call tomorrow or day after to check. But I have a friend that works at the store and will give me word if it comes in and if so, I'm buying about 3 of em
    1 per customer.. I'm gonna try and pick up 10 of these, put android on them, and then sell them as android tablets for $300
    Quote Originally Posted by maduhbee View Post
    1 per customer.. I'm gonna try and pick up 10 of these, put android on them, and then sell them as android tablets for $300
    I seriously hope that you are joking. Some of us are still looking for a TP to actually use and it's people like you that are making it difficult for us to even purchase one.
    tayswg20 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    I seriously hope that you are joking. Some of us are still looking for a TP to actually use and it's people like you that are making it difficult for us to even purchase one.
    Calm down, it's a free market. That's how the cookie crumbles. Don't blame people that are just participating in the market. If you can wait a while, they will probably come down in price on eBay.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maduhbee View Post
    Haha I hear ya! Or at least put em on Craigslist and sell them for double the price I got em for. People would still buy those
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Was over at the Best Buy in Ann Arbor, MI this evening and there were about 50 people lined up outside. Seems they were getting a shipment in at 8. All were spoken for. Looks like HP finally found the right marketing strategy!
    Quote Originally Posted by vitazora View Post
    Funny, I just got off the phone with my local Best Buy in Rhode Island and the guy I spoke with said that ALL Best Buy stores shipped any remaining inventory back to HP Sunday night. And that no Best Buy would be able to sell the product again, per HP.

This is all very interesting. I have read elsewhere that HP may be releasing another wave of Touchpads later this week.
    BestBuy posted a FAQ on their website that they would be selling off the rest of their inventory in store only. Your BB employee was misinformed.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    I'm all for Capitalism, but the way this site has been invaded by greedy ******bags makes me want to puke
    un_designer likes this.
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Dont bother calling the phone screeners are told to lie and say there not in stock. Just go to your store and ask in person. I Got someone to tell me when the next shipment is .
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by solovln View Post
    I just got an 16GB TP from Grapevine, TX location. They only have 16GB at this location and they are not on the floor. You need to ask them to get to the back to get it. They might be still unloading today's stock from the truck.

Good luck and call your local BB stores. Limit 1 TP per person.
    Awww man!!! i knew i should of just waked away and waited. I was at the Grapevine location on Sunday early enough to get the last 32GB model and touchpad overall that wasn't online reserved.

I didn't really feel like spending the extra for the 32 but oh well, i still paid $62 out of pocket after using a gift card. So not bad.

:edit: actually just came from the Best Buy near Keller, lol saw a jumbo line of people picking theirs up.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by artitumis View Post
    BestBuy posted a FAQ on their website that they would be selling off the rest of their inventory in store only. Your BB employee was misinformed.
    Ya, I saw that right after I spoke to the Best Buy employee. Called him back and told him to look at the site himself. He was certainly spreading some misinformation.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    called independence mo, they are handing out tickets, said all tickets are gone. But the truck still wasnt there yet. What is a ticket? does having a ticket means you are assured a TP?
    I just called them and the CSR seemed confident they'd get some in, but probably like 25; nothing really significant. She said tickets were given out, but more will be given out tomorrow...she thinks. Still don't understand the ticket system. Advised me to get their before 10am (as if I didn't know that).

CSR I spoke to in Lees Summit said not getting anything in, but not sure if I believe her. Anyone else talk to them?

Quivira/95th (OPKS) couldn't tell me much. Was unsure if anything was coming in. However, did say "nothing is coming tonight (8/23)."

Metcalf/119th (OPKS) doesn't know if any are coming in either.

Didn't call the rest in the KC area since they're all about to close.
    A Best Buy employee in one the Scottsdale stores admitted they were allotted another 12 units in either this Wed or Sat shipment, and explained that certain employees are planning to buy them all and resell them on Craigslist. Doesn't surprise me, but I am shocked he would admit as much and so openly.
    Quote Originally Posted by JCPhoenix View Post
    I just called them and the CSR seemed confident they'd get some in, but probably like 25; nothing really significant. She said tickets were given out, but more will be given out tomorrow...she thinks. Still don't understand the ticket system. Advised me to get their before 10am (as if I didn't know that).

CSR I spoke to in Lees Summit said not getting anything in, but not sure if I believe her. Anyone else talk to them?

Quivira/95th (OPKS) couldn't tell me much. Was unsure if anything was coming in. However, did say "nothing is coming tonight (8/23)."

Metcalf/119th (OPKS) doesn't know if any are coming in either.

Didn't call the rest in the KC area since they're all about to close.
    I called all of them too, unable to get anyone to say they are getting any more shipments. Called at 8.30 pm back to independence MO, and they said all tickets were picked up and they no longer have any TP's left. Hence I think its useless to go there. Do you want to pm phone numbers so we can text if something comes up? I asked them about their next shipment no clue. they have positioned a girl Christen next to phone to answer all TP questions. I bet they got a big lot but a lot of them must have been taken up by BB employee's.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    BBY - HP TouchPad FAQs - Best Buy: Unboxed

Kinda funny how one post states all out of stock and will have no more, then the next post states more are on the way to stores.
    One store in my area said that they're getting a delivery tonight and will start selling them (FCFS) when they open in the morning...limit 1 per customer. They didn't volunteer the info at first; I had to ask them about the delivery (which another store told me about).
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast