1.    #1  
    Is there anyway to add an X to open pages so you don't have to press the center button to close dead links?
    Just swipe up from the bottom of the screen to minimize the screen to a card and swipe away.
    I believe you simply swipe your finger up from the bottom edge of the screen to put the app in card view. Then you can flick it up and off the screen.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Not to sound like a smart a**.... there should have been a few sheets of paper (for lack of a better term) included in the TPad box. One is a quick reference to the gestures available to use on the screen.

If that sheet wasn't included, you may want to do a quick search for "TouchPad Gestures" to see what can be done. It's pretty slick.

Oh -- and make sure to look for the easter egg the programmers left for us when you close a card in a particular way.
    War Eagle!
  5.    #5  
    Ok, thank you for the replies! I'd been minimizing by bringing my fingers together but then as soon as I would try to move it, it would maximize. Later I began deleting all history from the drop down "Web" menu. I just sense that 4, 5, 12 or whatever months from now we'll be reading threads with the headings: "Center button failed!" or "Is your center button still functional?"
    Last edited by ratchet; 08/24/2011 at 09:56 PM.
  6. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbz View Post
    Not to sound like a smart a**.... there should have been a few sheets of paper (for lack of a better term) included in the TPad box. One is a quick reference to the gestures available to use on the screen.

If that sheet wasn't included, you may want to do a quick search for "TouchPad Gestures" to see what can be done. It's pretty slick.

Oh -- and make sure to look for the easter egg the programmers left for us when you close a card in a particular way.
    I agree with this, I'm picking up a few gestures simply via trial and error - literally a single piece of paper would have made a big difference.
    Off topic a bit, but the keyboard is no different. I found by pressing SHIFT and ARROW KEYS highlight text, and SYMBOL-CONTROL-+ is a screenshot, but that was pure luck

"These aren't the droids you're looking for.....we can go about our business"
    and thats why i think the up swipe guesture was really last minute cause its not listed in any of the touchpad documentation