Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
Like Tree7Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Fierofiend View Post
    My Sprint Touch Pro 2 will only ad-hoc in winmo, aka, no dice. I loaded up frx07 and WiFi tether works perfect with the built in android hot spot.
    Just got android working on my phone after reading your post. While my TP does connect now but I dont think I like the way android runs on my Touch Pro 2. Thanks for the info
    Last edited by m1dwestrep; 08/30/2011 at 04:48 PM.
    OK, here is the *start* of the solution we are looking for. While not a final solution, a proof of concept is here:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...enshots-8.html
    so is there a way to tether with the iphone 4? pdanet the network doesnt show up on the touchpad
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmflu View Post
    so is there a way to tether with the iphone 4? pdanet the network doesnt show up on the touchpad
    I have mine connected to a Iphone 4, just turn on the "Personal Hotspot" option on the Iphone and then WIFI and connect from the TP to the Iphone 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboraver View Post
    I have mine connected to a Iphone 4, just turn on the "Personal Hotspot" option on the Iphone and then WIFI and connect from the TP to the Iphone 4.
    This is the only way right now. If you want bluetooth goto the link above and pray someone figures out how to get it to work.
    My Touchpad is tethered to my Droid Incredible, rooted running wireless tether for root users. (infrastructure mode)

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    FRX07 working for me as well on TouchPro2. Had to manually configure ip settings on TP for DNS and gateway IP for some reason.
    I've read through the thread and tried the various solutions for my rooted android (samsung prevail). Nothing worked until I tried Wifi Tether with Samsung Galaxy Indulge device profile, and Softap for Samsung as the setup method.

So if you have a Prevail, this will work.

Yay!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by james9934 View Post
    Root your Droid.

Then download this
    wireless_tether_2_0_7.apk - android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users 2.0.7 - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

It's the older version. 2.0.7 which was the only version I could get to tether my Droid2 to my Touchpad.
    I couldn't get anything to work----BUT this did the job. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tegana View Post
    I've read through the thread and tried the various solutions for my rooted android (samsung prevail). Nothing worked until I tried Wifi Tether with Samsung Galaxy Indulge device profile, and Softap for Samsung as the setup method.

So if you have a Prevail, this will work.

Yay!
    I'm looking to do the same exact thing, however when I try and use the settings you suggested my touchpad can finally see my network but has no internet connection. Is there a specific version of wireless tether you are using to get it to work.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567