Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by drfp View Post
    Yeah for a few more months You know they are turning into At&t they bought TM
    Technically - AT&T has not purchased T-Mobile. AT&T is attempting to purchase T-Mobile - but this acquisition is being fought against by several members of Congress:

Senate Antitrust Subcommittee chairman asks regulators to block AT&T / T-Mobile merger

So - this buy-out by AT&T is far from a "sure thing"...

Just sayin'
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Any hope for wireless tethering on OG Droid 1?

I've been scouring the internet since I got my touchpad and everywhere i look, it says the TP only supports infrastructure mode and not ad-hoc and OG Droid 1 can only do ad-hoc mode.

Has anyone figured out a workaround for this? Is there a setting I have to set on the wireless tether apps? Or is there a way to get the TP to tether to ad-hoc networks?

So aggravating to know that other people have it working on their phones but not on OG Droid 1. I'm guessing this is an issue with the phone and not the TP though, but if anyone has found a way to workaround this, please let me know!! Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by gotwillk View Post
    Any hope for wireless tethering on OG Droid 1?

I've been scouring the internet since I got my touchpad and everywhere i look, it says the TP only supports infrastructure mode and not ad-hoc and OG Droid 1 can only do ad-hoc mode.

Has anyone figured out a workaround for this? Is there a setting I have to set on the wireless tether apps? Or is there a way to get the TP to tether to ad-hoc networks?

So aggravating to know that other people have it working on their phones but not on OG Droid 1. I'm guessing this is an issue with the phone and not the TP though, but if anyone has found a way to workaround this, please let me know!! Thank you.
    So there's no way to turn the Droid 1 into a mobile hotspot? If there's not an app for this in the Android Marketplace, perhaps you could root the phone? I know there are tons of mobile hotspot apps available for rooted phones...
    Quote Originally Posted by markdanielmiller View Post
    So there's no way to turn the Droid 1 into a mobile hotspot? If there's not an app for this in the Android Marketplace, perhaps you could root the phone? I know there are tons of mobile hotspot apps available for rooted phones...
    Even if you root, you wouldn't be able to tether because wireless tether only supports ad hoc. You might be able to tether though if you use an AOSP rom though like Cyanogenmod, but I am not sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacific808 View Post
    Even if you root, you wouldn't be able to tether because wireless tether only supports ad hoc. You might be able to tether though if you use an AOSP rom though like Cyanogenmod, but I am not sure.
    I don't know about that. I mean, I've read of several people with rooted Android phones who use some of the mobile hotspot apps available for root and connect to their TouchPad just fine.

But, again, I don't have a rooted Android phone, so I can't speak much to it.

My guess is that they are using an official carrier tethering app, running an AOSP rom, or their phone is supported for infrastructure tethering from Android wifi tether app. I am just speaking on my personal experience. If you want you can root your droid. [How To] Root, Backup, and ROM Your CDMA (nTelos) Milestone - xda-developers
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    I haven't read through the whole thread, but, I've got a Nexus S 4G (Sprint) running CyanogenMod7 (with portable wi-fi hotspot built in). Tethering with Touchpad has worked great so far. Gonna test out 4G tethering tomorrow.
    Your tether works because you're running an AOSP rom. It will also work if you were running stock too.
    I have used JoikuSpot on my N8 successfully, but the N8 is limited to a 3G connection on T-Mobile - while my Samsung Charge is 4G LTE on Verizon. And 4G LTE > 3G
    How did you get joikuspot to work, Nokia phones can only transmit ad-hoc networks, why the TP does not support...
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meechieervin View Post
    man i was in the same boat what i had to do was put android on my phone.the good thing is you will have both windows and android,after you put android on there you can turn on hotspot and the touchpad will connect heres the link to ppcgeeks Simple Guide FRX07!!, 4 Easy Steps (15 min): XDANDROID TP2 DL links - PPCGeeks
    Thanks for your post. I spent the better part of the day getting FRo7 Android install working on my Sprint Touch Pro 2 (connected to boost mobile) - had problems getting SD card to install software properly. Working well now it seems.

Trying out the included tethering software, I could get the TouchPad to detect the Android wireless tethering signal but got "no internet connection" when tried to access the net via the HP Touchpad.

Do you have any hints / advice you could share as to how you got it to work?

I noticed that the detailed auto internet settings under the AndroidAP were kluged. The gateway ip address was similar to, but shorter than the ip address and not the typical 19.168.1.1 or similar.

Had the problem on both open and wpa2 security settings.

Thanks in advance.

David
    Last edited by dgf2002; 08/29/2011 at 06:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekLee View Post
    what program are you using, one from the market, is your evo rooted, or are you using the built in one that's in your settings. I consider myself not a noon but I just haven't figured it out yet. I have a LG android phone rooted. I have used every rooted WiFi app in the market, still can't connect.

WiFi tether beta has a setting to do infrastructure tether with the evo. He could also be running cyanogenmod or any other AOSP Rom and be using the WiFi tether in the settings. Which LG phone do you have?
    Jailbroken Iphone4 running MYWI works tethering both wifi an bluetooth.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    The TP will not see my Nokia N900 using MobileHotSpot either. Bit of a shame really, everything else does.

Here's hoping for a patch
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatso View Post
    I have just tried this and no luck... my iOS is 4.3.3 and my TP is running WebOS 3.0.2. I went and downloaded MyWi resprung..... enabled bluetooth and no luck........ How did you do this??????
    I am a bit curious about what you said concerning a webOS phone and the TouchPad. I was under the impression that all you needed to do to use any webOS' data connection was to connect the webOS phone to the TouchPad via Bluetooth (there is a default "webOS phone" option after all in the Bluetooth menu on the TouchPad)...and you're good to go! So - you're saying that's not the case? Why then would then make a webOS only option for connecting a phone to the TouchPad via Bluetooth?
    Because the intention was that webOS phones would be able to share phone calls and SMS messaging (text messages) with the TouchPad. Today, phone calls are enabled for the Veer and I believe the Pre 2--not sure about the older devices. The Veer is supposed to get an update in the near future that will enable it to share SMS and do Touch-to-Share as well. These all happen over bluetooth, so that's why you see the webOS phone option.

It is super easy to get a webOS phone to be a wifi hotspot either officially (in fact, I believe the Verizon Pre+ was the first phone to offer an official mobile hotspot, and it was offered for no additional charge) or unofficially (freetether is an app available through Preware), so that is another attraction, but most people with webOS phones are using wifi to tether to the TouchPad, not bluetooth.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I'm having the same type of issue with my Motorola Photon (android). I've tried several of the free wi-fi apps (Open Garden, Barnacle, Wireless Tether) and the TP can't see or access any of them. When I fire up the Photon's native Mobile Hotspot app, the TP will connect, get an IP, but has no internet access. I really hope someone finds a solution soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatso View Post
    I tried this morning..... no dice!!!!! Bluetooth just wont work.....

How did you get this to work with bluetooth?????

EDIT..... sorry didnt see that these were merged.....
    Quote Originally Posted by lurch View Post
    I tried this morning..... no dice!!!!! Bluetooth just wont work.....

How did you get this to work with bluetooth?????

EDIT..... sorry didnt see that these were merged.....
    same. got my touchpad and iphone both searching and can't find each other.
    I can't even get mywi wifi to work, or pdanet
    Touchpad, webOS 3.0.2, f15c eagle 1.728GHz
    iPhone 3GS 4.3.3 jailbroken
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    same. got my touchpad and iphone both searching and can't find each other.
    I can't even get mywi wifi to work, or pdanet
    Iphone why not use MYWi hotspot WiFi? It works (That was easy)
    Quote Originally Posted by drfp View Post
    Iphone why not use MYWi hotspot WiFi? It works (That was easy)
    read 2nd sentence?
    Touchpad, webOS 3.0.2, f15c eagle 1.728GHz
    iPhone 3GS 4.3.3 jailbroken
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast