Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadgetude View Post
    I'm running a Netgear WNDR 3700 and while I didn't think browsing was "that" slow it is certainly slower than any other device on my network. One other thing I do have a problem with is that streaming video via Splashtop always stutters a bit. I read in another thread that someone with the exact same router had the same Splashtop problem and now I'm wondering if these security settings might fix it.

Can someone please suggest how I might want to change my settings? My options are a bit different than described above:

The router is b/g/n compatible and provides two networks (2.4Ghz b/g/n and 5Ghz a/n)

The security options are:

2.4Ghz b/g/n:

None
    WPA2-PSK [AES]
    WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES] (Current Setting)
    WPA/WPA2 Enterprise

5Ghz a/n:

None
    WPA2-PSK [AES] (Current Setting)
    WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES]
    WPA/WPA2 Enterprise

I have the Touchpad connected to the 2.4Ghz b/g/n network because it generally has better range. I'm not sure why I have the current settings but based on this thread I'm thinking I should change the 2.4 to just WPA2-PSK [AES] or should both be WPA/WPA2 Enterprise?

Thanks
    I'd change the 2.4 band to use WPA2/AES and let it rip. That's what I'm using, and I have no browser issues.

You can try the enterprise setting, but I seem to recall that may have had issues too (or, I might be mixing up threads I saw a while ago).
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    The TouchPad is pretty finicky about it's Wifi connection. Some routers/access points work great, others really badly. One common thread is that you should be using EAS encryption (ala WPA2), not TKIP. The TouchPad has hardware acceleration for the former, but not the latter. If your router does auto sense for encryption, set it to only do EAS.
    I'm using the dreaded DIR-655 and have it set to WPA2 with no issues so far as well.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12