1.    #1  
    So I was among the many to have my TP order cancelled due to B&N poor service. They couldn't keep track of inventory (even though demand was nowhere near a typical Black Friday) but their system was working well enough to auto subscribe me to their spam emails and they had the nerve to send me a spam email to offer to sell me a Nook Color (for full price mind you)! How about they make this right by offering a Nook Color for $99 to match the TP deal? Is it a TP? No way! But its better than nothing.
    A sense of entitlement is such a nasty thing.

I'm sure when you ordered/set up your account there was a checkbox to opt out of emails. Nearly every online retailer does that. You can still unsubscribe now, generally through a link in the email.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Orange 645 View Post
    A sense of entitlement is such a nasty thing.

I'm sure when you ordered/set up your account there was a checkbox to opt out of emails. Nearly every online retailer does that. You can still unsubscribe now, generally through a link in the email.
    A sense of entitlement? Really? Haha I'm just pointing out that the excuse they used about their system being overloaded was a joke and I didn't appreciate the way they have handled the situation (or lack thereof). I thought it was a kick in the teeth for them to send me spam trying to sell me a (somewhat) competing product when they literally have thousands of people P'eed at them for this debacle. About the opt-out... I know I can opt out now (it says "click here to unsubscribe" in the email). I never signed up for an account. I don't recall seeing the option anywhere on the order page. I ALWAYS uncheck that option. I just wanted to vent about the way B&N handled this.
    Quote Originally Posted by danisnotstan View Post
    A sense of entitlement? Really? Haha I'm just pointing out that the excuse they used about their system being overloaded was a joke and I didn't appreciate the way they have handled the situation (or lack thereof). I thought it was a kick in the teeth for them to send me spam trying to sell me a (somewhat) competing product when they literally have thousands of people P'eed at them for this debacle. About the opt-out... I know I can opt out now (it says "click here to unsubscribe" in the email). I never signed up for an account. I don't recall seeing the option anywhere on the order page. I ALWAYS uncheck that option. I just wanted to vent about the way B&N handled this.
    I think you will find many online retailers had the same issue....joke? Everyone must be in on it then...
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I think you will find many online retailers had the same issue....joke? Everyone must be in on it then...
    The problem wasn't that they were out of stock, the problem was they showed stock when they didn't have it, took money from my bank account, gave a promised ship date and a product UPC, then cancelled a day later. I checked many sites and they all showed out of stock. If B&N had a decent system, we wouldn't be discussing this.
    The problem wasn't that they were out of stock, the problem was they showed stock when they didn't have it, took money from my bank account, gave a promised ship date and a product UPC, then cancelled a day later. I checked many sites and they all showed out of stock. If B&N had a decent system, we wouldn't be discussing this.
    Tell that to the many people who are starting today getting orders cancelled from these various online retailers..
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

I did not create an account with them and also got the spam e-mail. Kinda annoying, but no big deal - just unsubscribed.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I'm sure HP isn't sending spam to these people offering to sell them a competing product at full price.
    I'm sure HP isn't sending spam to these people offering to sell them a competing product at full price.
    The fact you tried to get a TouchPad over any other product has 0 relevance to you receiving the email, so your argument is not valid.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    [P.S.A... The reference to "you", and/or "your" is not personally directed to you, rather it is intended for a general population with which fits your situtation]

The way I see it, there are so many individuals out looking to get this deal that the moment word spreads of an online retailer with stock, their systems are overwhelmed beyond capacity. If your order was accepted, but ultimately cancled b/c the retailer's system couldn't keep up and you were ultimately never charged anything, than your are only entitled to being disappointed. I agree with the amazed sense of entitlement some people are expressing over a $150 tablet. It's going from humorous to uncomfortable pretty quickly. What about those of us that paid full price day 1. If you want to talk about entitlement, then that is a sore topic today. Thankfully, I have been compensated for this, but there are many others still on the sideline waiting. Or are entitled to be critical of people buying these in bulk leaving out the true users. Otherwise, I don't believe this forum will have a lot of sympathy for a disappointed, sour consumer.
    best buy isn't returning my money, that they took for a good they didn't have, until thursday.
    maybe i'm just "overly entitled", but that ****es me off
  12.    #12  
    I didn't think this thread would have such negative reaction. Sorry if I offended anyone.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    LOL... I got the email for the Nook too. I just laughed and said "I'm not buying that POS". Scrolled to the bottom of the email and clicked unsubscribe. You placed and order w/ a company so your email is on their list.