Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    This is unbelievable..I called at 8AM. How could I STILL be on hold? That's the time they start taking calls!! sigh.
    When I called in, the message said "the average wait time for calls in the last half hour was less than 1 minute"....ya right! That was around 0830. So, I guess I'm coming up on 4 hours on hold too!
    I actually managed to speak to an agent on HPshopping.ca this morning after a 1/2 hour wait. I was informed that they had taken way too many orders over the weekend and they had to send many cancelation emails.

She couldn't confirm if my order was going to be canceled (I'm sure it will be) given, they had yet to process it, but assured me that I should have an answer by the end of this week.

She also told me that they had only shipped the 16gb models at this point, i ordered a 32gb.

My order was placed on Saturday the 20th around 11am, and also received a confirmation email that night.

Order number: SCAS1377XX
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I talked to them today too - same story - couldn't tell me if my order would be cancelled or not, but I ordered about an hr before you, and my order number is SCAS134xxx. That's a big difference in about an hour, eh? She said that ppl should expect an email by the end of the week either way.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Just arrived in my inbox:

Dear valued HP Shopping customer,
    Thank you for purchasing an HP TouchPad. We have been working to meet the overwhelming demand and are pleased to inform you that you will be receiving your TouchPad soon.
    Orders will be filled in priority based on your day and time of purchase:
    · 16GB model will begin to ship the week of September 5, 2011

· 32GB model will begin to ship the week of September 12, 2011

If you purchased a TouchPad at the original price ($399.99 for 16GB and $499.99 for 32GB), your credit card payment will be adjusted to reflect the new price ($99.99 for 16GB and $149.99 for 32GB). Further, if you have decided to cancel your order, please respond to this message by Friday, August 26.
    Thank you for being a valued HPShopping.ca customer and for your patience as we process your order.
    Enjoy your TouchPad!

----

Mixed feelings - good that it APPEARS that it will come, but it won't ship until Sept 12?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by boogerman54321 View Post
    Any SHIPPING confirmation on your order???? ie. timeframe etc
    Nothing as of yet, I placed the order yesterday afternoon. Up until today at 11am(Atlantic), I couldn't check the status of my order. I checked a little while ago when I got home from work and it finally popped up that the order is 'processing'.

I am feeling doubtful that I got my order in fast enough though, I half expect a cancellation email. After some searching, it seems the directdial page had been floating around in various forums for hours before I found out about it.

Edit: I will keep things updated as events unfold
    Last edited by calebnunn; 08/24/2011 at 03:33 PM. Reason: forgot to add some things...
    Quote Originally Posted by lynmarti View Post
    Just arrived in my inbox:

Dear valued HP Shopping customer,
    Thank you for purchasing an HP TouchPad. We have been working to meet the overwhelming demand and are pleased to inform you that you will be receiving your TouchPad soon.
    Orders will be filled in priority based on your day and time of purchase:
    · 16GB model will begin to ship the week of September 5, 2011

· 32GB model will begin to ship the week of September 12, 2011

If you purchased a TouchPad at the original price ($399.99 for 16GB and $499.99 for 32GB), your credit card payment will be adjusted to reflect the new price ($99.99 for 16GB and $149.99 for 32GB). Further, if you have decided to cancel your order, please respond to this message by Friday, August 26.
    Thank you for being a valued HPShopping.ca customer and for your patience as we process your order.
    Enjoy your TouchPad!

----

Mixed feelings - good that it APPEARS that it will come, but it won't ship until Sept 12?!?!
    What was your 'order status' before you received this email? can you post the first 4 numbers of your order number?
    When I called in, the message said "the average wait time for calls in the last half hour was less than 1 minute"....ya right! That was around 0830. So, I guess I'm coming up on 4 hours on hold too!
    Well, I threw in the towel after being on hold with HP Canada for almost 7 hours. Here's a cut and paste from my online phone log:

Out 1(877) 231-4351 2011-08-24 08:36:20 412:34 (duration in minutes and seconds)
    Well, I threw in the towel after being on hold with HP Canada for almost 7 hours. Here's a cut and paste from my online phone log:

Out 1(877) 231-4351 2011-08-24 08:36:20 412:34 (duration in minutes and seconds)
    Holy *@&#!! You have dedication, sir! Or masochism.
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

sledge007 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by DS_Palm_Lvr View Post
    Holy *@&#!! You have dedication, sir! Or masochism.
    I'm more interested in working for his boss...

But yeah, I got the same email for my order as well, awaiting Sept 12. My Touchstone dock is ready.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Backbraker25 View Post
    What was your 'order status' before you received this email? can you post the first 4 numbers of your order number?
    Gah sorry...order was and still is in 'admin' and the order # is SCAS134xxx. Absolutely nothing changed when looking at my order online.
    HP Canada is now "follow us on Facebook and we might post updates on availability there". Sure. I'm still following them, though. :-/
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

Spoke to a csr again today, and I was told that anyone who ordered before the 22nd, had a good chance of getting one.

As well, my Order Number has been changed to an all numerical format, with a 'requested date' for Aug 26th (anyone knows what this means?)

One thing that frightens me tho... The hold on my CC for the full price has been removed.
    Not sure if it's because they're going to charge the discounted amount or because they're going to cancel it...
    Spoke to a csr again today, and I was told that anyone who ordered before the 22nd, had a good chance of getting one.

As well, my Order Number has been changed to an all numerical format, with a 'requested date' for Aug 26th (anyone knows what this means?)

One thing that frightens me tho... The hold on my CC for the full price has been removed.
    Not sure if it's because they're going to charge the discounted amount or because they're going to cancel it...
    Which means your order went to the fraud department for verification, and now that it's approved they placed your order in line. If you look at the status it should've also changed from Submitted to Admin.

More info here: HP Shopping Canada | Touchpad FAQs
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    If you have the time, and are willing to put in the effort, keep checking stores in person. Midday around 4PM a local Future Shop put a half dozen or so more TouchPads on the shelf. They are still trickling in.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    If you look at the status it should've also changed from Submitted to Admin.

More info here: HP Shopping Canada | Touchpad FAQs
    Well I suppose that's good news! However, my status remains at 'Submitted'
    For anyone curious, this was in an email I received from directdial.com concerning my order. They took in over 7000 orders in a one day period and say that several thousand units will be slowly coming in over the next week, and continue on to say that there are some overseas shipments coming in a week or two.
    There's a bunch of talk how they are working closely with HP Canada to get as many units as they can secure.

So, I have no confirmation yet if I am getting one, with my luck I was the 6956th to order

The email ended with this(I apologize if this is stuff people have heard already, I havn't been keeping track of things the last few days.) Not sure if this is directly from HP or not, but still interesting...

"HP webOS Messaging:
    HP has made the decision not to continue developing webOS devices. However, the company is deeply committed to the future of the webOS platform. HP is also fully committed to the ongoing support and service of customers who purchased webOS devices. We will honor our product warranties and will continue to provide market leading support via services such as webOS Butler, our free setup support service available to all purchasers of HP webOS products for the first 90 days after purchase.

Furthermore, HP intends to enhance the webOS platform and ecosystem and support, innovate and develop applications that deliver relevant and compelling benefits to the markets in which we compete. HP TouchPad owners can look forward to a continued delightful experience, over-the-air updates that enhance the platform and add functionality and a growing applications catalog."
    Quote Originally Posted by calebnunn View Post
    For anyone curious, this was in an email I received from directdial.com concerning my order. They took in over 7000 orders in a one day period and say that several thousand units will be slowly coming in over the next week, and continue on to say that there are some overseas shipments coming in a week or two.
    There's a bunch of talk how they are working closely with HP Canada to get as many units as they can secure.

So, I have no confirmation yet if I am getting one, with my luck I was the 6956th to order

The email ended with this(I apologize if this is stuff people have heard already, I havn't been keeping track of things the last few days.) Not sure if this is directly from HP or not, but still interesting...

"HP webOS Messaging:
    HP has made the decision not to continue developing webOS devices. However, the company is deeply committed to the future of the webOS platform. HP is also fully committed to the ongoing support and service of customers who purchased webOS devices. We will honor our product warranties and will continue to provide market leading support via services such as webOS Butler, our free setup support service available to all purchasers of HP webOS products for the first 90 days after purchase.

Furthermore, HP intends to enhance the webOS platform and ecosystem and support, innovate and develop applications that deliver relevant and compelling benefits to the markets in which we compete. HP TouchPad owners can look forward to a continued delightful experience, over-the-air updates that enhance the platform and add functionality and a growing applications catalog."
    They have this article on their front page.

You forgot to mention the most important part of that statement:

"Personally I have been a part of the computer industry for over 25 years. In that time I do not believe I have witnessed an event quite like this. We appreciate your patience in this most unusual time in our industry"
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

One thing I forgot to mention - I asked how long the hold on my cc would last, and the csr said that it would roll off in 3-5 business days, so this makes sense (mine is gone too). She said that they will attempt to charge the card at the time of shipping, and if for some reason there is any issue, they will call to arrange payment.

My order is in the same status as yours, btw. I'm cautiously optimistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by lynmarti View Post
    My order is in the same status as yours, btw. I'm cautiously optimistic.
    Makes two of us 🙏
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast