Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HardBeatZ
  1.    #1  
    At my local Best Buy. The manager said since they were demo SKUs they couldn't sell them and had to ship them back to HP. Anyone else had luck buying the display models from Best Buy?

He also said they were getting more in possible today or tomorrow. I thought Best Buy wasn't going to sell anymore at all?
    Display models are not meant to be sold and are not supported by HP.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    bevcraw likes this.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Tried the same at Radio Shack. They said they were forbidden from selling them.
    Quote Originally Posted by steelsun View Post
    Tried the same at Radio Shack. They said they were forbidden from selling them.
    I bought one today from Radio Shack. Marked "Demo Unit Not for Resale" it has an HP demo program on it I am trying to get off but other than that, it's identical to a retail model. The manager had to get a special SKU from another store and as I waited I learned other stores were selling their demos as well since most hadn't even taken them out of their boxes when the clearance announcement was made.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    My local best buy doesn't even have a Touchpad display model. They have a display model for ever tablet except the Touchpad for some reason.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    The walmart I went to said they weren't allowed to sell the display models till given permission. My guess is an employee will end up with it.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    On Slick Deals the Wiki says the Demo models were released By HP, why in the heck would they want them anyway?

That said My wife (Easy Tech manager Staples) says the price at staples for the Demo is $99,999 USD
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kayak99 View Post
    I bought one today from Radio Shack. Marked "Demo Unit Not for Resale" it has an HP demo program on it I am trying to get off but other than that, it's identical to a retail model. The manager had to get a special SKU from another store and as I waited I learned other stores were selling their demos as well since most hadn't even taken them out of their boxes when the clearance announcement was made.
    There is a way to reset it, go to Slick Deals there is a Wiki on this from Friday 19th it will tell you how