Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Well... I found myself in the need to use an alternate charger with my TouchPad because the one included was accidentally left at a friend's house and I'm unable to pick it up until tomorrow. The HP TouchPad has completely died. Won't turn on.

I'm trying to use my iPad 2's 10w Wall Charger and it keeps giving me the alert that says "To reliably charge this device, use the included charger..." and it won't charge or turn on. So... it won't even trick-charge or slow-charge? It just won't charge at all with any other chargers? What a bummer. At least, the iPad 2 can charge off anything (even if it is slowly with the screen off but, it does charge.)

Anyone have any better ideas?
    I've let mine charge with the Pre's charger and my car charger. Yes the TP complains, but it eventually gets charged.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    I've let mine charge with the Pre's charger and my car charger. Yes the TP complains, but it eventually gets charged.
    I no longer have my Pre charger and my USB Car Charger is Sprint-branded. So, I guess I'm out of luck here.
    the TP requires 2A to charge.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I get the complaint, too, but my TP did charge with the iPad charger.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    The 10W iPad charger IS 2A.
    The TP worked off my iPhone 4 USB charger...
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    the TP requires 2A to charge.
    ... I knew that... or did you not knew that the iPad 2 Wall Charger is a 10w (5V at 2A)? ...
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MincerRay View Post
    I get the complaint, too, but my TP did charge with the iPad charger.
    The thing is that it turns the screen on, the big red battery low logo appears, and then the white message quoted above appears, and then it turns off again. It's been over an hour like that.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by remmy123 View Post
    The TP worked off my iPhone 4 USB charger...
    I don't have an iPhone 4, neither a iPhone 4 charger (which is 5V at 1A = 5w).
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MincerRay View Post
    The 10W iPad charger IS 2A.
    Indeed. I'm beginning to think that there is actually some configuration inside these different chargers so they can differ which device is actually connected and work as intended with, and only with, the device designed it for. In other words, the iPad 2 charger will only operate at 2A if, and only if, it's an iPad connected and it will work at the lower current with any other device. This is my best guess.
    my work issued BB Curve came with 2 chargers, one usb data cable and one usb cable that does not transmit data (just charges) with wall adapter.

both charged the TP slowly, although it complained.
    ever try charging with your computer? it takes forever long and doesnt say it is charging. I dont know if it works from a dead state but it is worth a try.
    Where I come from, if you force your intentions on something that complains, you can go to jail! No means no!!
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    which cable were you using? For anything above a half amp, don't you need one that has the pins shorted/removed? Try the cable that came with your touchstone.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.