View Poll Results: What to do with my extra Touchpad

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Give to my girlfriend. She really loves mine but she owes me like $120 for other things already

3 18.75%
  • Ebay! I just hope some jerk doesn't buy and puts android on it.

3 18.75%
  • Christmas is in 6 months

1 6.25%
  • Trade for a unlocked Pre 3

4 25.00%
  • Time capsule

0 0%
  • Sell to a developer and request for the apps I want

5 31.25%
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fguills75
  1.    #1  
    I have a extra brand new 32gb touchpad. I have do desire upgrade my launch day 16gb model. Its kinda special to me. So I have some options and wanted to get a community decision about it.

1. Give to my girlfriend. She really loves mine but she owes me like $120 for other things already. Besides she is getting a android next month anyway. (quitter)

2. Ebay! I just hope some jerk doesn't buy and puts android on it.

3. Christmas is in 6 months

4. Trade for a unlocked Pre 3

5. Time capsule.

6. Sell to a developer in request for the app I want.
    sell it to me for 150
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ceveret3 View Post
    I have a extra brand new 32gb touchpad. I have do desire upgrade my launch day 16gb model. Its kinda special to me. So I have some options and wanted to get a community decision about it.

1. Give to my girlfriend. She really loves mine but she owes me like $120 for other things already. Besides she is getting a android next month anyway. (quitter)

2. Ebay! I just hope some jerk doesn't buy and puts android on it.

3. Christmas is in 6 months

4. Trade for a unlocked Pre 3

5. Time capsule.

6. Sell to a developer in request for the app I want.

I vote for options 4 and 6. If I were local I would offer to purchase it from you but I'm not so I won't. With all the pandemonium around here and many of us webOS users not even able to get one, I think that the right thing to do would be to offer it at cost to a fellow webOS user.

I am not fan of those people who are taking advantage of this and buying up a ton to resell or gut webOS to use the TP as an Android tablet!
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I would say sell it to someone on here.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I'll buy it!
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Who hope you drop it and break it!!! Smug a@@!!!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    hawgs911 likes this.
    do the righteous thing and sell it to someone who wants one on here... (like me!!!) for the price of admission
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by fguills75 View Post
    Who hope you drop it and break it!!! Smug a@@!!!

Whoa! Its not like that bro. I just want to maximize my value for my time and money I put into getting it. I had to bribe my friend at Best Buy and get teased for buying the Touchpad day one and taking a picture with the apple rep!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ceveret3 View Post
    Whoa! Its not like that bro. I just want to maximize my value for my time and money I put into getting it. I had to bribe my friend at Best Buy and get teased for buying the Touchpad day one and taking a picture with the apple rep!
    lucky
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    My bad!!!

Quote Originally Posted by maduhbee View Post
    do the righteous thing and sell it to someone who wants one on here... (like me!!!) for the price of admission
    +1
    Sorry, but coming on here to ask what to do with an "extra" TouchPad isn't very nice considering there are MANY webOS fans here who have been stressing out since Friday night trying to get their hands on one now that they can actually afford it.

Honestly I think you should put it into the marketplace and sell it for the price you paid plus shipping to someone here who wasn't fortunate enough to find one in time.
    Come play with my Twitter.
    Isn't this thread the equivalent of going up to a homeless person and saying, "I just found this wad of cash in my pocket! Should I
    A) Get my dog a pedicure
    B) Buy that new car antenna I've always wanted
    C) Get a new button-polishing machine
    D) Eat it for lunch...?"

You get the idea.

(Not to be too snarky. Really, I think you should sell it to someone on here.)
    Last edited by MercuryCrest; 08/23/2011 at 11:20 AM. Reason: To soften some pointy edges
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    I vote for "give it to your girlfriend".

Yes I know you say she owes you some money, but if she really likes your i'm sure she would love it. Maybe the fact that she owes you money shows that she is having a tough time financially. Giving her the touchpad might make her feel really good if she is having a stressfull time. Plus the thanks you get may make you both happy :-) .

-Gromet
    Apple iPad2 64GB WiFi +3G (Verizon)
    Apple iPhone4 32GB (AT&T)
    Touchpad 32GB WiFi - RETURNED
    Veer 4G - SOLD
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by MercuryCrest View Post
    Isn't this thread the equivalent of going up to a homeless person and saying, "I just found this wad of cash in my pocket! Should I
    A) Get my dog a pedicure
    B) Buy that new car antenna I've always wanted
    C) Get a new button-polishing machine
    D) Eat it for lunch...?"

You get the idea.

(Not to be too snarky. Really, I think you should sell it to someone on here.)
    This thread is just a question to one webos fan to another webos fan. I saved that touchpad from being a digital photo frame or a 3 year old's drool toy. I just wanted some opinions.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMav View Post
    Sorry, but coming on here to ask what to do with an "extra" TouchPad isn't very nice considering there are MANY webOS fans here who have been stressing out since Friday night trying to get their hands on one now that they can actually afford it.

Honestly I think you should put it into the marketplace and sell it for the price you paid plus shipping to someone here who wasn't fortunate enough to find one in time.
    I understand where you are coming from, but i was stressing too! I had no ideal if i could get a price match on my launch day Touchpad and I was scrambling to buy one so I could return mine. Just so happens Best Buy caved on Sunday and I could get a price match and my friend I bribed to hold one for me kept her end of the deal. I think the fact that anyone who is even considering to sell the Touchpad at the price they paid for it is Noble.
    As a developer, I have to go with #6 since I know there are many that would create apps for the TP, if they had one. (And no, I'm not trying to get one for myself -- I got one before the firesale.)
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    It's not nice to torture members who are still looking for TouchPads.

Thread closed.