Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    So, with the new Touchpad in my hands, am I able to watch Divx Movies w/out converting every time? If not, is there a program I can townload on the tablet that will read them?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    KalemSoft Media Player in the App Catalog.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    KalemSoft - Media Player for WebOS
    It's not free but works well.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Damn, $7 huh. Well, if there's no other alternative ...
    Try the free demo app from their website and then you can buy it if you like it. http://www.kalemsoft.com/site/downloads2.html
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Titan078 likes this.
    Its worth every cent!
    I'd be wary of the demo app, was a disappointment for me because of some odd performance things.

So I sprung for the paid version and it was money well spent. I recommend taking the plunge, it is definitely worth it.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    It's either $7 or transcoding at this point. Sorry.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Use Kalemsoft Media Player with the latest beta version for both the streaming server that goes on your PC and the actual program that goes on the Touchpad. With that combo, I can finally stream HD MKV files. The non-beta version works well with formats other than MKVs.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrcbandit View Post
    Use Kalemsoft Media Player with the latest beta version for both the streaming server that goes on your PC and the actual program that goes on the Touchpad. With that combo, I can finally stream HD MKV files. The non-beta version works well with formats other than MKVs.
    Seriously? Can you pause, FF, RW MKVs too? None of my other media servers can do anything but stream with no pause, etc. for MKVs.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    its EXTREMELY worth it..once you download the program on your pc, you can share files wirelessly..its AMAZING. i have my access to my entire media external harddrive and its incredible. worth every penny
    Quote Originally Posted by sixfootsix View Post
    ..or spend zero dollars on Handbrake, convert and win. Just takes some minutes to convert.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Agree, Kalemsoft Media Player is well worth it's cost. Works great.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Looks like I'll be having three media server program running on my computer streaming the exact same movies. Air Video for the iPod Touch, Plex for the Roku, and soon Kalemsoft for the TouchPad.

Thank God my Android phone can use both Mirage to take advantage of Air Video server and the Plex client instead of forcing me to install yet another media server program
    Too bad there isn't a Mac client for the media streamer
    HP Touchpad 16GB
    There is also Touchplayer around here somewhere that is free. Look that up and see how it goes. Not perfect though as it has no pause ability or real interface once you start playing a video.
    Quote Originally Posted by sixfootsix View Post
    It's cheaper direct from their website rather than from the App Catalogue.

Quote Originally Posted by iboost79 View Post
    Too bad there isn't a Mac client for the media streamer
    It runs fine the Mac via Winebottler Although my own approach now is to get CIFS working on the Touchpad and run vids directly from a network share.
    I use Orb and can stream my DivX movies great. How is Kalemsoft different than Orb?
    it was cheaper for me to buy the Kalemsoft player direct from them, (as in download the ipk. demo and then activate it). rather than buy it from the hp app store (5.89 on store, 3..sumin from them direct. i am in the uk.

player seems good
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    now the question is, how do i upload movies on to my TP, its not getting recognized by my computer now. but webos Doc recognizes it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast