Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes
    On 0.3.4: 720p.avi is butter smooth and timelining is milliseconds. MKVs stutter and usually crash. Remote streaming is perfect.

On beta 0.3.7 (which tells me I need to pay again -_-) 720p stutters and does not timeline. MKVs do not play. What. The. Hell?
    Quote Originally Posted by mettleh3d View Post
    On 0.3.4: 720p.avi is butter smooth and timelining is milliseconds. MKVs stutter and usually crash. Remote streaming is perfect.

On beta 0.3.7 (which tells me I need to pay again -_-) 720p stutters and does not timeline. MKVs do not play. What. The. Hell?
    Can't help you with the stuttering, but regarding the needing to "purchase" again - you can't mix and match versions from the App Catalogue with versions from Kalemsoft's website. If you bought from the App Catalogue you'll have to wait for the latest version to find its way there.
    Global Posts
    957 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    ..or spend zero dollars on Handbrake, convert and win. Just takes some minutes to convert.
    Depends on the PC hardware. My personal 1080p rips are taking ~3 hours to be converted to 720p rips for the TouchPad.
    HP TouchPad doesn't support divx video format, but it support mp4 format, you can watch mp4 movies on HP Touchpad. However, you need a third party software - Pavtube HD Video Converter, it can convert divx to HP Touchpad supported video/movie format (MP4).

Happy working! Happy Life!
    Will it playback virtually all codecs?
    the price seems rather steep to me.
    As far as I know, it should be cheaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by LuciaElina View Post
    As far as I know, it should be cheaper.
    how about you program a player and sell it for cheaper?
    nunjabusiness likes this.
    HP TouchPad doesn't support divx video format, but it support mp4 format, you can watch mp4 movies on HP Touchpad. However, you need a third party software - Pavtube HD Video Converter, it can convert divx to HP Touchpad supported video/movie format (MP4).

Happy working! Happy Life!
    I guess you didn't actually install and try this app?
    Kalemsoft demo played several of my AVI files fine. All my AVIs are DIVX and XVID.
    anyway to get icefilms to work on the tp
    Quote Originally Posted by Turboyo View Post
    anyway to get icefilms to work on the tp
    icefilms FTW. What i usually do for icefilms is stream the videos from the megavideo link through the megaupload source. The touchpad plays the flash really well so videos stream easy. I'd recommend upgrading to megaupload premium so you don't have a download limit or speed cap. And since every video on icefilms is connected to a megaupload link it's well worth it imho. I bought a month to try it out and now I'm considering extending it because of the convenience factor with my touchpad. Also you could just download from the megaupload source instead of streaming and just play the file anytime with kalemsoft.

hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by nunjabusiness View Post
    I guess you didn't actually install and try this app?
    Kalemsoft demo played several of my AVI files fine. All my AVIs are DIVX and XVID.
    Oh, No! In the absence of evidence before you I can not so framed.
    Oh, No! In the absence of evidence before you I can not so framed.
    That definitely cleared things up for me.
    what about hb app touchplayer?
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    kalemsoft is ace. Totally worth the money.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrcbandit View Post
    Use Kalemsoft Media Player with the latest beta version for both the streaming server that goes on your PC and the actual program that goes on the Touchpad. With that combo, I can finally stream HD MKV files. The non-beta version works well with formats other than MKVs.
    If you're at home, and presumably you are if you#re streaming from your PC, why on earth would you want to watch movies on your 9.7inch handheld tablet when you could watch them via HDMI on your 46" TV?
    Because my 46" TV is hard to carry up the stairs, drag all the cords, move the surround upstairs to my bedroom....or through the kitchen so I can lay in my hammock outside and watch a movie
    paulm64 likes this.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    can Kalem read from DNLA servers, or only files already on the tablet?

bhome have finally got their server discovery sorted - but they only play formats the tp already has codecs for.
  18. K_B
    I downloaded Kalemsoft to my Touchpad and tried it out on a few DIVX videos and it was pretty much useless.

Is the paid version really different?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12