Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By runner77
  • 1 Post By MichaelMikado
  • 1 Post By demontooth
  • 1 Post By r-nice
  • 1 Post By demontooth
  • 1 Post By BayAreaTreo
  1.    #1  
    Costco Wholesale Has Thousands In Stock and are Returning Them to The Main Warehouse Tomorrow and HP the next day!!!

    I went to Costco here in Torrance, CA. They had 11 in stock. I could see the boxes. They would not sell them to me. I asked why and they said corporate is sending them back to HP.

    This morning i spoke with the buyer in charge Chris Day at Costo CO
    <<mod delete>> and he said that HP. Said it "was better for his members to return them to HP instead of sell them. Something about a unsupported platform and a obsolete platform that would hurt their members". I offered to buy every one of them (several thousand) with a no return policy. He wouldn't bite. Help change his mind. 2 per person max and there would be a line out the door

    call Chris Day <<mod delete>> and change his mind
    Last edited by bevcraw; 08/23/2011 at 11:01 AM. Reason: phone number deleted
  2. #2  
    best buy was gonna do the same, then I think HP told them they don't want them and offered to best buy to reimburse them in someway. Then best buy sold them at clearance clearly stating no return or exchanges. So hopefully the same will happen at Costco.

    but did you say the units are still at the stores ?
  3. runner77's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #3  
    Seriously, that's not right to put this guys phone number out on the forums.
    MichaelMikado likes this.
  4. #4  
    Trent, please dont encourage this kind of behaviour. First off sending them back to HP is the best bet since they will ensure that each person ONLY gets 1 or 2 instead of 16.. Doing this will only make the problem worse and they will be less likely to work with other products in the future.. Mods should remove peoples personal numbers and probably this thread.
    WebOS Migrant likes this.
  5. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    #5  
    I disagree with the above posts, leave the number up. It's an office line to someone that should hear from his customers. Phone lines are meant to be called.

    #WebOSOS
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  6. #6  
    bad idea, really bad
  7. #7  
    It needs to be removed. People are crazy. This poor guy will have to change his number.
    MichaelMikado likes this.
  8. r-nice's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    #8  
    Take the number down.
    MichaelMikado likes this.
  9. #9  
    Report the post.
    MichaelMikado likes this.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by trenthill View Post
    Costco Wholesale Has Thousands In Stock and are Returning Them to The Main Warehouse Tomorrow and HP the next day!!!

    I went to Costco here in Torrance, CA. They had 11 in stock. I could see the boxes. They would not sell them to me. I asked why and they said corporate is sending them back to HP.

    This morning i spoke with the buyer in charge Chris Day at Costo CO
    .....
    Honestly publishing this individual's phone number is 100% wrong. Yes the Touchpad is the hot topic of the day but don't you think this guy has other issues to deal with through-out his day other than the TouchPad. How many calls a minute do you think he is getting now. How would you feel if someone did that to you. I think the behavior of some folks in today's world of instant gratification is out of control.
    MichaelMikado likes this.
  11. r-nice's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by demontooth View Post
    Report the post.
    A mod has already posted in this thread. I'm sure they saw it.
  12. #12  
    It's not a personal phone number but a professional's business phone number? it's probably listed in the phone book? I don't see the issue. Doesn't he have a phone number precisely so potential customers and business partners can contact him?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by r-nice View Post
    A mod has already posted in this thread. I'm sure they saw it.
    Can he not remove it?
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    It's not a personal phone number but a professional's business phone number? it's probably listed in the phone book? I don't see the issue. Doesn't he have a phone number precisely so potential customers and business partners can contact him?
    I ordered through costconnection.com and I got an email this morning pleading for people to stop calling them so they can fulfill the orders instead of answering the phone. Don't underestimate how stupid and/or crazy people can act.
  15. #15  
    I agree -- this is a bad idea. Thread closed.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions