1.    #1  
    Hi everyone!

So I've always loved palm products, and with the severe price drop, I think purchasing a touchpad is a no-brainer. I know webOS is great. So here's my situation for all those touchpad pros:

I'm moving into a new apartment soon, and I would like to use the touchpad as a hub in my living room to give quick access to weather and Internet, and control...well...as much as possible.

First off, I'd like to mount it to a wall. Has anyone heard of anything out there that accomplishes this, or will I have to do a custom job?

Second...apps. I'm not familiar with the webOS store at all. Are there ways to mirror the touchpad on an HDTV? How is the touchpad at streaming and playing music? Are there good universal remote apps? I have a surveillance system feed that I'd like to be able to view from the touchpad as well.

So what does everybody think? Good use of the product? Can the touchpad be used to accomplish all of this?

Thanks for the help guys!
    For your first question: There are Ipad wall mounts, which may accomplish this for you. The Wallee: The Wallee iPad Case, Wall Mount + Modular Accessories

Also, there's something called the Padholder, which tries to be a universal device. http://padholdr.com/ipad-mount-for-your-home/

There are also a lot of DIY solutions to mount tablets to walls.

On your second question: Unfortunately, most of the stuff is on Android or IOS. There are apps like Kalemsoft that should be able to stream content to the device. The surveillance system idea probably won't be possible. There's also Playon to stream stuff to the device. Streaming from the device to a TV or Smart device isn't possible. Media solutions seem to be a limitation of this device.

Personally, I think you'd be better served looking at another device or seeing where the Android port goes to the Touchpad.
    Last edited by barrysanders20; 08/23/2011 at 10:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybnasty View Post
    Hi everyone!
    I'm moving into a new apartment soon, and I would like to use the touchpad as a hub in my living room to give quick access to weather and Internet, and control...well...as much as possible.

First off, I'd like to mount it to a wall. Has anyone heard of anything out there that accomplishes this, or will I have to do a custom job?
    I haven't seen a wall mount yet, but I have seen a fridge mount: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3056955

Second...apps. I'm not familiar with the webOS store at all. Are there ways to mirror the touchpad on an HDTV?
    Not at present.

How is the touchpad at streaming and playing music? Are there good universal remote apps?
    Its pretty good at this. As for universal remote apps, it would need a method to transmit it to your devices for it to work (wifi/network and bluetooth are your options). The best you could do at present is if any of your devices support web-based control (i.e. Remote Potato on Windows MCE).

I have a surveillance system feed that I'd like to be able to view from the touchpad as well.
    This app in progress might be relevant to your interests: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...iewer-app.html

So what does everybody think? Good use of the product? Can the touchpad be used to accomplish all of this?

Thanks for the help guys!
    It is a good product, though full home automation capabilities that you seem to be looking for simply havn't been developed yet.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the responses guys. As for the wall mount, I'll most likely build something myself. The surveillance system is accessible through a website. I'm assuming viewing the feeds won't be a problem through the web browser.

As for mirroring to tv, is it possible for someone to develop such an app given the touchpads hardware? My roommate is a software developer, so he may be interested in throwing a quick app together for our needs if it would be easy enough to do.
    If this helped you hit thanks.