Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1  
    I was a day 1 Palm Pre minus adopter. I used to spend a lot of free time on these forums.

I've loved WebOS since I watched the first video on it. After going through 7 Palm Pre's due to hardware failures, I switched to Android. I've always missed WebOS.

To my surprise, HP dropped the pricing on the Touchpad. I'm sure you all could imagine my excitement. It was short lived.

I've been trying to purchase one for 4 days, spending whatever extra time I can find attempting to get one. As soon as someone would say they were available, it would take 4 minutes before they were sold out.

Then I see a poll on slickdeals. It's asking how many Touchpads someone purchased. How Greedy? How many HP Tablets Purchased? - Slickdeals.net Some people literally purchased over 50 of them.

I wanted one for the love of the OS, not to make a profit. If anyone has one they'd be willing to sell me for a decent price, I'd really appreciate it.
    i hear you and i was gonan purchace spares for ppl here but ive now had 2 orders go ALL the way through, then i phone in and find they ran out of stock and my orders are cancelled, thats even more frustratign than not gettign anywhere at all.

its a joke allround considering hardly anyone wanted them when they were current.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Uhhh, I think we all want to buy 1.....
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I do wish the people who wanted one for webOS and not to resell it or put Android on it could get one.
    yeah it's sickening to see how greed people are being.. I bet most are going to wait for android to be ported fully and then just sell them as android tablets
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by r-nice View Post
    I do wish the people who wanted one for webOS and not to resell it or put Android on it could get one.
    It's so frustrating. I just found a post where someone order 148.

148. You read that correctly.
    I hope the people that did that aren't able to make their money back.
    hp should have more in stock in coming days, and my guess is that they will limit it to 1 or 2 per customer
    Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    The thing is, people who purchased so many of them plan to resell them at a profit. Good luck. People want them for 99 bucks, and nothing more. If that were the case then they would have bought one. The majority of other people buying them will be done with them in a week. They just got them because someone told them too, or thought they needed a tablet at that price. They will soon be trying to sell theirs too.

Just keep checking around. Some retail stores are getting them today. There will be some out there, just keep trying.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    The limit should be 1.
    I hear you... I'm in the same boat. Same Pre minus since launch day in 2009.... Been looking for a TP but so far no luck yet. I was able to get in on the Onsale deal via Amazon on Sunday, but like everyone else have no idea if that is going to come through or not.

Have you posted in the Sell-Me-A-Firesale-Touchpad thread yet? If not here's the link:

http://forums.precentral.net/marketp...ml#post3090043

If I had extra TPs I'd sell it to you at my cost, but I only order enough for my needs, which is 2.
    Not trying to be an <<mod delete>> but they are selling them on eBay. I've seen 32's for as low as $255 Keep searching or you'll have to bite the bullet and pay a little more.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 08/23/2011 at 09:31 AM. Reason: language
    FYI: All posts about wanting to buy or sell any webOS devices should be posted in the Marketplace forum.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post

If I had extra TPs I'd sell it to you at my cost, but I only order enough for my needs, which is 2.
    I appreciate it nonetheless!
  15.    #15  
    hp touchpad | eBay

People are paying ridiculous amounts for them.

@Bevcraw Thank you. I also wanted a place to vent about the frustration I've been having, and creating a place where others can do the same. :-D
    Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Preluva View Post
    Not trying to be an <<mod delete>> but they are selling them on eBay. I've seen 32's for as low as $255 Keep searching or you'll have to bite the bullet and pay a little more.
    No one wants to pay more, that's the thing. If you were willing to pay more people would have bought one already. I wasn't willing to pay 499.00. So I got mine for 399.00 - 100.00 Staples coupon. And then returned it when the news broke. So now I want one for 99.00, but I'm not a financial fool and sure not willing to pay 3 times what I have to.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    There are plenty of stupid people out there. Look at sed's link, people are actually bidding on those things.
    Quote Originally Posted by r-nice View Post
    The limit should be 1.
    "Everlasting Gobstoppers"

WONKA: ... Who wants an Everlasting Gobstopper?

(The children say "Me!" or "I do!")

WONKA: I can only give them to you if you solemnly swear to
    keep them for yourselves and never show them to another
    living soul as long as you all shall live. Agreed?

(Veruca crosses her fingers behind her back.)

CHILDREN: Agreed.

WONKA: Good. (He hands them out.) One for you, and one for
    you, and one for you

GRANDPA JOE: Eh, what about Charlie?

WONKA: And one for Charlie.

VERUCA: Hey, she's got two. I want another one!

VIOLET: Stop squawking, you twit!

WONKA: Everybody has had one, and one is enough for anybody.

So the TouchPad is our Everlasting Gobstopper...still, I think Charlie deserves 2...he's just so good!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by MrJspeed View Post
    hp should have more in stock in coming days, and my guess is that they will limit it to 1 or 2 per customer
    Yes, and given recent history, they will be sold out in about five minutes flat, and again I will be just a few seconds too late to get one.
  20.    #20  
    It just sucks. I had an order through HP Small Business and Barnes & Noble, both of which got canceled.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast