Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes
    I bought a 32GB for myself and 16GB for my brother. I had a chance to buy more, but didn't. There's almost no use when the apps are so limited on this device.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrath View Post
    Yes, and given recent history, they will be sold out in about five minutes flat, and again I will be just a few seconds too late to get one.
    This. My thoughts exactly.
    Well originally I was pretty bent about missing that $299 sale so I can understand but the feeding frenzy ain't over yet apparently so keep searching. I almost missed out, I was in an empty Wal-Mart super center at 3 AM last Saturday and had no idea they were on sale. It wasn't until I got home and got in my pj,s that I read the ZDNet email. I must have called 20 WM's and had to drive an hour to get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by sed51329 View Post
    It just sucks. I had an order through HP Small Business and Barnes & Noble, both of which got canceled.
    Same for me...
    Hey that Insight link seems to be working now so get on it! Don't know if anyone will get one but here's your chance.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preluva View Post
    Hey that Insight link seems to be working now so get on it! Don't know if anyone will get one but here's your chance.
    Insight is a scam. They have said they had 500 units for days.
    Insight clearly says, call for availability. But the lines are busy to have finally have a rep tell you that they are TOTALLY out of stock. You want to kill an hour or two for nothing, call Insight.

Why do they not post that on their website? Another stupid company clogging up their phone lines like HP. How many company web and phone systems has this ridiculous maneuver by HP taken down? Call THEM to complain and you cannot get through. LOL
    PalmV - Kyo 6035 - 7135 - 650 - 700wx - pre+clocked - pre+2.1 mod - and no Pre3 time to get a Pre2?

June 19 - 8:45am - early order Touchpad. Love it! Used fire sale refund to get another. Rest paid for all accessories. Trying to teach the wife to love it.

support WebOs internals!
    Like I said I dunno if anybody will get one (I don't have much experience with this stuff) but I got an email from them saying my order was taken at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by sed51329 View Post
    Insight is a scam. They have said they had 500 units for days.
    it said 700+ and 900+ of the 2 units for ages, then this morning the SECOND the price changed it changed to "out of stock" then its been ever changing all day..
    see the front page, there will be more available soon.

Just don't give into frenzy, whether ebay or anywhere else.

Even if you don't get one right now, the frenzy will subside and even ebay prices should come back down to 100/150
    I see pandas.
    I am hoping that some of the webOS faithful with Twitter accounts can tweet to Richard kerris Twitter page begging to do a real Making it right.

tweet him asking to do an exclusive 48 hour presale for those with an existing palm profile, so basically anyone with a pre or Pixi, when and if the next batch of touchpads come in.

they are gonna sell all of them anyway, at last they can do is a real making right for us webOS faithful. Being able to get a firesale touchpad will make it easier for many of us still sporting pre's and pixi's that are stuck on version 1.4.5 to face the inevitable and that would be moving on to a new OS for our phone needs. Since we are not getting any new phones
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    The best thing to do would be to limit them to 2 each customer.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    see the front page, there will be more available soon.

Just don't give into frenzy, whether ebay or anywhere else.

Even if you don't get one right now, the frenzy will subside and even ebay prices should come back down to 100/150

Exactly. This is no different than anything else in the world. it's a great price, people are gonna buy, some of those people are buying it to sell (such is life). Just wait, and if you don't end up getting one, the second hand market will balance out.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazybirdman View Post
    Exactly. This is no different than anything else in the world. it's a great price, people are gonna buy, some of those people are buying it to sell (such is life). Just wait, and if you don't end up getting one, the second hand market will balance out.
    Good advice.

As a side note, I just saw a 16GB TP go for over $300! It's pretty funny that the purchase price (excluding taxes, etc.) was less as Staples just a few weeks ago .....

There are over 2300 units up for auction on eBay, and most haven't even received their units yet. I'm sure the price will come down dramatically in a month or so. Maybe not down to 100/150 (although I hope it'll go lower - those dirty profiteering <<mod delete>>), but probably down to 150/200 with shipping give or take.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 08/23/2011 at 01:33 PM. Reason: language
    Quote Originally Posted by Preluva View Post
    Well originally I was pretty bent about missing that $299 sale so I can understand but the feeding frenzy ain't over yet apparently so keep searching. I almost missed out, I was in an empty Wal-Mart super center at 3 AM last Saturday and had no idea they were on sale. It wasn't until I got home and got in my pj,s that I read the ZDNet email. I must have called 20 WM's and had to drive an hour to get one.
    Were you still wearing your pj's when you bought it? That's dedication right there!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

geekpeter likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12