Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I purchased my 32GB TouchPad through CostCentral.com on Sunday evening, and got a confirmation email... but two days later and the site is still not showing anything in my order history, nor in order tracking.

Anyone getting updates or communications on orders from Cost Central?
    Sounds like another flop.. Checking on my order status brings this up on their site:

There is no shipping or tracking information available for this order at this time.

I've ordered from 4 different places - most have been canceled I'll be happy if just one pans out.
    HI all - new here. I ordered from BN, CostCenteral and Amazon/Onsale this weekend. BN cancelled, No real info from Amazon, but I just received an email from CostCentral saying that due to the tens of thousands they sold over the weekend there will be a delay in shipping. Here is the email text:

We would like to thank you for your recent order of an HP Touchpad.

Due to an overwhelming response to this item, we will require additional time to process and ship these orders. If you chose expedited shipping, your order will ship via that method however it will still take additional time to process your order. Rest assured we are working as quickly as possible to process your order.

We received tens of thousands of orders for the HP Touchpads. We have restructured our support team to help with the processing of these orders. In order to allow our support staff to work on processing these order, we ask that you please refrain from contacting us for the status of your order. Once your order has been processed and shipped, you will automatically receive an email with tracking information. If we should encounter an issue with your order, you will be contacted directly.

If you have concerns if you order has been received; you may log into your CostCentral.com account and your order should appear in your order history.

We do apologize for the delay and rest assured your order will be filled as soon as possible and that your credit card will not be charged until your order is ready to ship.

We appreciate your business and your patience while we work to process and fill every customers order.

The CostCentral.com Team
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Yeah, I got the same email this morning as well. It stinks, but patience helps to get through this.

We have to keep in mind that some of these internet fullment centers probably got slammed with a week's worth of volume (or more) in one day. The reputable sites will get the orders out even if it takes a few extra days.

Unlike 'Black Friday' after Thanksgiving where people plan on the additional volume, nobody knew this was coming so they didn't have a chance to hire and train extra staffing to handle the flood of orders coming through.

Take deep breaths... ohhmmmmmmmmmm
    War Eagle!
    I got the same email from CostCentral for my (2) 32GB Touchpads. BUT, a little later in the day I ordered two touchstones and two cases. Both these orders show up in their system but the order for the Touchstones and cases will be delivered TODAY! That's right, they are on the FedEx truck and I have a tracking number. So, I'm really hoping my order (528,xxx) of the Touchpads is just slow rather than canceled and I haven't been notified yet.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Any one get a confirmation email on the shipment of a device yet? I was really starting to get worried. When I made my order they had over 10k 32GB in stock and over 7k 16GB in stock and it says that on my confirmation/invoice, so they can't tell me they ran out!
    My order still shows up in Order History, but no shipment confirmation yet. I order on Sunday evening.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I caught there online chat today and bombarded them with questions, for the most part she kept giving the same answers over and over again.

When I asked about whether I could be sure I was going to get a touchapad, because I had one in my order history and a confirmation email she told me this:

"I wish I had that information. I do not. We are working to process and ship the orders in the order they were received."

Sounds like a generic response, but also concerns me that they would not confirm on whether or not all orders are valid.
    on slick deals there is a thread about costcentral.

they are a small company working as hard as they can, but ppl are getting them.

posters with document number 520xxx seem to be getting theirs. unfortunaly, i have 526xxx. so even though my invoice said there were 7K+ left it doesnt look like i will be getting this order either.

just wanted a 2nd one just in case they actually got honeycomb (when its out) to work on it.

quess i'll have to wait for the new kindle for a cheap android tablet.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I got the same generic email, and can see the order history, but still no tracking information.
    checked my bank today and all the money is back from onsale and these guys.

checked their site and the order is still there though...

i know every once in a while my bank will have a charge "pending" then completely disappear for a day or 2 then show back up that it was completed... so we'll see...
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    on slick deals there is a thread about costcentral.

they are a small company working as hard as they can, but ppl are getting them.

posters with document number 520xxx seem to be getting theirs. unfortunaly, i have 526xxx. so even though my invoice said there were 7K+ left it doesnt look like i will be getting this order either.

just wanted a 2nd one just in case they actually got honeycomb (when its out) to work on it.

quess i'll have to wait for the new kindle for a cheap android tablet.
    There is a pending one in the 531, so there is hope!
    Myn is a 528 so I'm up there a ways, hope everyone gets there touchpad.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    I got my Cost Central 16GB Touchpad today.

This thread is the place to be if you're looking for updates on CC orders.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    @detection:

Did you get an email or any tracking information ahead of time? Other than the stall notice, I've not received anything else regarding my order for a 32GB TP. Then again, my order number is 531,8xx so I'm WAAAAY at the back of the line.
    i have a 525xxx and finally just got an email similar to the one above
    All of the White 64GB orders have shipped, and at least one has been delivered.
    We would like to thank you for your recent order of an HP TouchPad and/or accessories.

Cost Central, as well as many other retailers, have been inundated with orders for the HP TouchPad and accessories. We are working to process and ship these orders as fast as we are able and as fast as HP releases stock to us to fill these orders.

Unfortunately, we are not able to tell you exactly when your order will ship. However once your order has been processed and shipped, you will automatically receive an email with tracking information. If we should encounter an issue with your order, you will be contacted directly.

We do apologize for the delay and rest assured your order will be filled as soon as possible and that your credit card will not be charged until your order is ready to ship. Please note that if your order was placed with Google Checkout; Google may have placed a hold on your account but we will not charge your order until it is ready to ship.

We appreciate your business and your patience while we work to process and fill every customers order.

The CostCentral.com Team
    still in limbo if i will get my order.
    Felipe
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I ordered a case from them, they sent me an email today it was backed ordered.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Starting to see people with 527 getting tracking information. I may actually get my order after all!
    Quote Originally Posted by glamdring View Post
    Starting to see people with 527 getting tracking information. I may actually get my order after all!

yeah, but they dont seem to be shipping 16gb models.
    Felipe
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast