Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sjc83 View Post
    I ordered a case from them, they sent me an email today it was backed ordered.
    when did you order? I ordered on the 28th and it said they had like 1200 in stock.
    I ordered a 32 GB from CostCentral...and thus far have only seen the generic "we are working hard" email messages...so I guess we'll see.

Barnes and Noble canceled on me quickly...even though I ordered within minutes of their price drop.

That said, B&N was much better than DataVis (aka DataVision), who strung me along for ten days before they canceled yesterday...with some sob story that eventually distills to:

Dear potential bad review writer,

We sold TouchPads on eBay that we did not yet own. We hoped to later buy them from a supplier. Turns out that was tough. Who knew?

I know that you thought that we had them since we listed a quantity on eBay and you ordered from that decrementing stock. Heck, you even agreed to pay 20% over HP's adjusted MSRP...and pay for shipping...so you were confident that you had one and then stopped looking. Turns out, that was a mistake on your part. Here's a long sob story where we try to convince you that this issue is not our fault.

<snip>

BTW, to compensate, we are also going to give you a $50 eBay coupon for your trouble! $50!

Please don't look into the coupon any further though, because it's really a 20% off coupon valid for items that we have on eBay (up to $250, max value $50). Ironically, you are getting this coupon because you agreed to pay 20% more than MSRP for your TouchPad...so a 20% off coupon from us probably isn't the most valuable thing in the world...but hey, it will take you awhile to figure that out...because we didn't tell you coupon details in this email...and we will not mail it to you for 9 days! By then, we hope that you'll be less angry and less likely to give us bad reviews.

So sorry...but what can we do? It's not like we can limit ourselves to selling what we actually own on eBay....so get over it...and please don't write bad reviews!

Sincerely,
    A guy at a company that you should not have purchased anything from...and probably shouldn't do so again.

Yeah, that's a little tongue in cheek ...but also fairly accurate....but I'll get over it. I will not, however, ever buy anything from DataVis again.

cheers,
    Scuba
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    monkeydog likes this.
    I ordered at 8:57 PM got my confirmation email and tracking number yesterday, scheduled for delivery tomorrow, 1x32GB
    Quote Originally Posted by justin108 View Post
    I ordered at 8:57 PM got my confirmation email and tracking number yesterday, scheduled for delivery tomorrow, 1x32GB
    Excellent...and congrats!
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    yeah, but they dont seem to be shipping 16gb models.
    That's okay with me, I have one 32 and 16GB order in, as long as they honor one of them I'm happy.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by justin108 View Post
    AWESOME! I ordered myn at 8:26pm so hopefully they will ship out the 32GB and not hold it up for my 16GB one. Any one know if they are shipping orders in pieces?
    Received my 16GB one yesterday.
    My order number is 0821114516XX. To everyone that has had one shipped, what was yours? Any chance I'm ever going to see mine?
    Quote Originally Posted by mattaiadi View Post
    Received my 16GB one yesterday.
    when did you order, and what were the first 4 digits of your order?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    My order number is 0821114516XX. To everyone that has had one shipped, what was yours? Any chance I'm ever going to see mine?
    thats the document number, the order number should start with a 5xx,xxx. you find it online.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I have my 64GB from Cost Central. It's lovely. I had very few issues with Cost Central. Just waiting for my case to arrive today. Hope to get it before I leave the office today.

=)
    I received both of mine last Friday. However, they did send me a 16 and 32 instead of two 32s that I ordered, and they had to submit a claim to get my $50 back to me which hasn't been resolved yet.
    thats the document number, the order number should start with a 5xx,xxx. you find it online.
    Ah! It says my Document number is 5313XX online. Sounds like I'm humped.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lafester View Post
    when did you order? I ordered on the 28th and it said they had like 1200 in stock.
    I ordered yesterday, the touchstone charging dock and the case, and it said the case only had two left in stock. No updates yet, so I'm nervous.... the touchstone, however, had almost 800 in stock.
    I think a better question is "Has CostCentral canceled anyone's order?" As far as I can tell they're just painfully slow fulfilling them. I haven't heard of anyone getting a cancellation notice. Am I wrong?
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    when did you order, and what were the first 4 digits of your order?
    I just got my shipping notification; I had all but written it off..
    Ordered 8/21 @ 8pm est. I have a 527 document # as well
    Quote Originally Posted by jatlfan View Post
    I just got my shipping notification; I had all but written it off..
    Ordered 8/21 @ 8pm est. I have a 527 document # as well
    nice! I'm pretty sure I'm not getting one from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by upsguy27 View Post
    I ordered yesterday, the touchstone charging dock and the case, and it said the case only had two left in stock. No updates yet, so I'm nervous.... the touchstone, however, had almost 800 in stock.
    I ordered on Sunday, Touchstone and case. Haven't heard peep from them since "confirming" my order Monday morning despite the "will ship in 1-2 days" comment on the website. Checking my order just says they have no information.
    I received my HP case today. Ordered on Aug 25.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    According tot he slick deals page I could be getting my order soon! They are moving right along on the mix purchase it looks like. Last one was 527,8xx and I'm 528,1xx
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast