Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Hi, did anyone else buy the TP from Argos? Been trying to get a refund (or hopeful a rebate), but Argos are sticking with the 349 price. All stock has vanished though .

Anyone had any luck getting some money back?
    Palm History:

Treo 500 > Treo Pro > Pre > PrePlus > Touchpad
    Me too and my Wife ain't too impressed. I thought about writing to the Scottish Newpaper complaints column and giving these companies bad press. Sometimes that works.
    Argos are now showing the 89 and 115 prices...and the stand and case at half price.
    I hate Argos. :-(
    Worth a punt, but now that they officially dropped the price on their website, i sent another email to their customer services. Maybe they will refund. But i don't hold out too much hope.
  6. Hem
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget_heaven View Post
    Me too and my Wife ain't too impressed. I thought about writing to the Scottish Newpaper complaints column and giving these companies bad press. Sometimes that works.
    Personally, I'd go down that route. If enough people do it and inform Argos that they have done it, they might cave. Watchdog and all that lot might be worth a shout too. It costs them less to give a few dozen people their money back than all the bad press they'd get.

From what I gather, we're getting a bit of a mixed bag atm. Some people are giving the money back and others are refusing.

Good luck to everyone tho.
    What's the point in them reducing the price AFTER it is out of stock? A few places have done this now and it's infuriating!
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    @ xeonwales & gadget_heaven
    With luck, depending on when you got it, you may be able to get something back from HP rather than Argos. I may be wrong, but believe they have been offering rebates in the US (maybe someone stateside can confirm)
    Despite this being forced on the resellers like this it seems I think you have little chance with Argos themselves, as the tablet was worth what it was worth when you bought it.
    So it might be also worth contacting HP UK for advice, but you will be joining a rather long queue.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anc96 View Post
    What's the point in them reducing the price AFTER it is out of stock? A few places have done this now and it's infuriating!
    Because some people have reserved them for collection and they want to ensure all the tablets are sold I guess.
    The resellers pricing countrywide is consistent so I assume HP have set the price.
    it its consistent then Argos should also refund those who bought in the past few weeks.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Yep, I agree, but its Argos we are talking about unfortunately.
    Pile them high, sell them cheap and cr*p customer service.
    Quote Originally Posted by anc96 View Post
    Someone I know called Argos head office yesterday and they said they had hundreds of TPs but didn't know whether they were going to sell them or send them back to HP. I guess it's possible they may have them online again once they've sorted out the reservations.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    TBH i found it infuriating people were buying the tablets at full price and making companies go OOS on the GAMBLE that the company would refund. Im a student and dont have 350 laying around so had to wait till the price drop.. and didnt get one.

Then the people are complaining "they didnt refund my money"... well they never promised too? and then complaining they are going to sue the company.
    their a shop, their perfectly in their right to sell you the device exactly for the price you saw it going for when you bought it, the fact people are abusing the return policys to try and co-incide with a "known" price drop means nothing.

you pay for somethign at a set price, you pay that price, its kind of basics, there has been no agreement to price match universally, some "say" they will but they dont have to.

most ppl *****ign about not gettign a refund are just jumping on the bandwagon to secure an order and the fact "everybody else is doing it"
    Last edited by geekpeter; 08/24/2011 at 05:06 AM.
    guys, try forum's market place, many members who have extra TPs are selling it, I myself got one from a gentleman.
    See the UK rebate thread: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...uk-rebate.html

Seems its down to retailers to match prices. I am in the same boat ref Argos - punted on a refund as I couldn't find any stock near me but they aint budging. Never mind... I have a touchpad sitting next to me which is something a lot of folks dont....