View Poll Results: Developers, where do you come from and what are your intentions?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • iOS. Yes I plan on porting or creating apps for webOS.

1 33.33%
  • iOS. I have no plans or am undecided at this point.

0 0%
  • Android. Yes I plan on porting or creating apps for webOS.

0 0%
  • Android. I have no plans or am undecided at this point.

2 66.67%
  • BB/RIM/QNX. Yes I plan on porting or creating apps for webOS.

0 0%
  • BB/RIM/QNX. I have no plans or am undecided at this point.

0 0%
  • WM. Yes I plan on porting or creating apps for webOS.

0 0%
  • WM. I have no plans or am undecided at this point.

0 0%
  • Other. Yes I plan on porting or creating apps for webOS.

0 0%
  • Other. I have no plans or am undecided at this point.

0 0%
  1.    #1  
    Just wondering how many, and from what platform, developers got their hands on a TouchPad, and if they plan on porting existing apps and/or creating new ones for webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Just wondering how many, and from what platform, developers got their hands on a TouchPad, and if they plan on porting existing apps and/or creating new ones for webOS.
    Microsoft snagged 500+ developers earlier with a free Windows phone, dev kit and other goodies. Twitter from Microsoft said they're having problems keeping up with the exodus of WebOS developers right now, took them by surprise that many are actually leaving WebOS.

There's probably not going to be any porting to WebOS from any other platform for apps.
  3.    #3  
    That's kind of why I put an actual poll up.... Trust me, I've read the news and am aware of that. Let the numbers, or lack thereof, speak for themselves.

I'm not really interested in "probably's" or opinions or speculations. No offence, but I just want the facts and nothing but the facts
    Quote Originally Posted by neller2000 View Post
    Microsoft snagged 500+ developers earlier with a free Windows phone, dev kit and other goodies. Twitter from Microsoft said they're having problems keeping up with the exodus of WebOS developers right now, took them by surprise that many are actually leaving WebOS.

There's probably not going to be any porting to WebOS from any other platform for apps.
    To be frank, it's not like webOS devs that applied into WP developer program will forget how to write apps for webOS when they make first call from their new WP7 handset. Their memory will remain. It's good they have an alternative. If webOS firesale-newcomers start buying their apps, devs will continue developing for webOS while talking from free WP7 phones.
    Personally, I don't believe there will be some extreme demand for apps from $99 newcomers. Maybe when second firesale pass, and when this new webOS entrepreneurs that bought 3, 4, 5 or 6 TouchPads sell their stocks over Ebay. Maybe those guys that bought TouchPads from Ebay for doubled price will eventually be interested in webOS.
    I don't think you'll see any app sales after the initial new shiny toy feeling wears off. And besides, not like the app store is booming, most of the apps I use on iPad and Xoom aren't there.
  6.    #6  
    Just a quick thanks to those developers that do reply, even if it's not in the favorable answer. It will be interesting to see how many are out there. Hopefully it doesn't get tainted with too many fake answers, of course that will be hard to eliminate.
  7.    #7  
    So 900,000 TouchPads out there and ONLY 3 developers have one??? Sorry I don't buy it.