Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1.    #1  
    I am having some serious issues getting this to download. Anyone else having an issues getting the Touchpad WebOS doctor to download the drivers to your Mac running Lion?
  2. #2  
    Mac OSX Lion = early adopter What are you doing here?

    Sorry couldn't resist, I have not upgraded yet, so I can't help, am waiting for a couple of updates before taking the leap...
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    Mac OSX Lion = early adopter What are you doing here?

    Sorry couldn't resist, I have not upgraded yet, so I can't help, am waiting for a couple of updates before taking the leap...
    Wouldn't be the first time I was *****ed by early adoption, eh?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcohengd View Post
    I am having some serious issues getting this to download. Anyone else having an issues getting the Touchpad WebOS doctor to download the drivers to your Mac running Lion?
    Is states the installation has failed if i remember,all you have to do is search in spotlight for novacomd,open up a terminal type sudo and drag the novacomd which will paste the path into the terminal enter your password and try connecting again.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by todders View Post
    Is states the installation has failed if i remember,all you have to do is search in spotlight for novacomd,open up a terminal type sudo and drag the novacomd which will paste the path into the terminal enter your password and try connecting again.
    Could you explain that in a bit more detail?
  6. #6  
    Just download SDK 3.0.2 and instal it with Virtual box.

    https://developer.palm.com/content/r...nload.html#osx

    After installation everything will be fine. Enjoy!
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcohengd View Post
    Could you explain that in a bit more detail?
    Hello if i remember after trying to install webs doctor it states the installation has failed after trying to install the drivers. If you click on the magnifying glass icon i.e. spotlight in the top right hand corner and type in novacomd it will bring up a list of items it has found. Open a terminal window from applications/utilities folder and type sudo. Then drag the novacomd which you found in thesearch into the terminal box it will paste the path name as well.hit enter and it will ask for your password. it will then start processing and output a load of text in the terminal window. Try then to connect your touchpad putting into usb mode so you have the icon for usb on the main screen it should then find it and continue with the installation. it does work as i had the same issue using mac lion here.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by iverieli View Post
    Just download SDK 3.0.2 and instal it with Virtual box.

    https://developer.palm.com/content/r...nload.html#osx

    After installation everything will be fine. Enjoy!
    Ok I have virtual box and the SDK downloaded. Next steps?
  9. #9  
    i didnt have any problems installing
    Attached Images Attached Images
  10. #10  
    When I tried to download the WebOS Doctor, it said I did not have the required Java version. However, when I opened system update in Lion, there was no update for Java. Is there any way that I can download it? I went to Java site but couldn't find it.

    Thanks.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcohengd View Post
    Ok I have virtual box and the SDK downloaded. Next steps?
    Next step is, fire up your WebOS Doctor and ignore "novacom drive installation failed" just don't install them again.

    The WebOS Doctor will start, because it will sees your touchpad.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by todders View Post
    Is states the installation has failed if i remember,all you have to do is search in spotlight for novacomd,open up a terminal type sudo and drag the novacomd which will paste the path into the terminal enter your password and try connecting again.
    Surprised how good this worked, very easy to understand (atleast for me)

    Thanks
  13. oldfatgit's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    #13  
    Thanks. I would just add that you need a space between sudo and the path..
    Last edited by oldfatgit; 09/20/2011 at 03:31 AM. Reason: typos!
  14. #14  
    Hi

    Typed sudo, opened terminal as stated ad dragged over what i found in spotlight but it said my file could not be found

    Now i see mention of a space
    See my space is after my name

    HOW do I get rid of the space??? In order to do this correctly?
    Attached Images Attached Images
  15. #15  
    Put a space after sudo.
  16. #16  
    I thought i had to close a space. Thanks

    Now, that done i suppose because of the earlier mistake how do i get around this?
    If you know how to ?

    Telling me i cant start sudo twice
    Attached Images Attached Images
  17. #17  
    If it's already running, then the doctor should work. Otherwise, just reboot.
  18. #18  
    i will try it.....LOL........if i seem doubtful, its only because NOTHING has worked easily yet!!!! ;-)


    I will go try now.
    My fingers are crossed.
  19. #19  
    .......
    Last edited by ShelaghDB; 09/26/2011 at 12:17 AM.
  20. #20  
    If you are already updated, no real reason to doctor unless your device is misbehaving.

    There should be a reset options button in device info.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions