Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jcohengd
  • 1 Post By C_McGuire
  1.    #1  
    So I ordered from a site called digitaletc.com. The customer service guy today was pretty rude but he seemed very stressed out (I guess a lot of queries about this). Just want to see how many people ordered from there. They said they'd have an answer about a refund for the price difference tomorrow.

I am crossing my fingers that they have a sense of decency.

Anyone else deal with them today?
    I ordered my 32Gb TP from them. I emailed them over the weekend and a rep got back to me on Monday. I had originally sent the email to them before we all knew of the fire sales and partial refunds. In the original email I requested the process to return the item. Why would I want a $550 TP when I can buy the same one for $150? The DigitalEtc.com rep said he'd see what he can do.

Later on Monday I emailed back that HP was sending out instructions to retailers to process partial refunds for people who wanted to keep their TP. I said in the email I'd much rather go this route, the partial refund route ($400 in my case). It's a hassle for me to return the TP and it's a hassle for him to process the return and ship it back to HP. Let's keep it easy and process a $400 partial refund.

He replied this morning that he hopes to have an answer for me today. We'll see. I'm sure Digital Etc. is being bombarded with phone calls and emails about this. At the time I bought my TP, Digital Etc. was offering a heck of a deal. I am sure lots of people bought their TP's through DigitalEtc.com.
    Got an email from them just a bit ago:

Dear customer

We are working with hp on this issue and are waiting to hear from them

please be patient with us until we can find out more details

thanks
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    Got an email from them just a bit ago:

Dear customer

We are working with hp on this issue and are waiting to hear from them

please be patient with us until we can find out more details

thanks
    I got the same exact email. I've called this guy like 5 times he's getting frustrated I think there is only one person there in their "award winning" customer service department. LOL. I hope this works out for us buying from a smaller online retailer than a bigger retailer.

Ironically they still have the 32gb one listed as $579 on their site. Ugh.
    speedtouch likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcohengd View Post
    I got the same exact email. I've called this guy like 5 times he's getting frustrated I think there is only one person there in their "award winning" customer service department. LOL. I hope this works out for us buying from a smaller online retailer than a bigger retailer.

Ironically they still have the 32gb one listed as $579 on their site. Ugh.
    It's still $549 on their site with a promo code, but if you go to the TouchPad page, they are also sold out, so he's not trying to hold out or anything.

I also bought from this place, called and left a message the day the refund policy was announced. A guy named Sam I believe called me back but I haven't had a chance to contact him yet.
    32Gb LG G2 - 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 / Cyanogenmod 10.1 (4.2.2) Dual Boot @ 1.8Ghz

RETIRED:
    16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Mine
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - LunaCE 4.9.5 - Also Mine
    16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Wife's (replaced with GS3)
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - Also Wife's

Past: 2 Sprint Pre(minuses), a Sprintified Pre+, and a Sprintified Pre2.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityPre View Post
    I also bought from this place, called and left a message the day the refund policy was announced. A guy named Sam I believe called me back but I haven't had a chance to contact him yet.
    Yes Sam is the person who has answered everyone of my phone calls and emails. I suggest you email him again (reps@digitaletc.com). Otherwise you might fall off his radar. He mentioned that even though I emailed earlier in the week that I should email them again.

On the phone he was either 1. very rude, or 2. very stressed. He mentioned he received hundreds of calls and thousands of emails (not sure if he was exaggerating or not) so I have to believe it's option 2.

He said their buying manager was out of the office on Monday. I am going to give them until friday before I make a big stink. For some reason though I am confident they are going to get this resolved for us. We'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcohengd View Post
    Yes Sam is the person who has answered everyone of my phone calls and emails. I suggest you email him again (reps@digitaletc.com). Otherwise you might fall off his radar. He mentioned that even though I emailed earlier in the week that I should email them again.

On the phone he was either 1. very rude, or 2. very stressed. He mentioned he received hundreds of calls and thousands of emails (not sure if he was exaggerating or not) so I have to believe it's option 2.

He said their buying manager was out of the office on Monday. I am going to give them until friday before I make a big stink. For some reason though I am confident they are going to get this resolved for us. We'll see.
    Yeah, I bet he's super stressed. I'm sure a lot of PreCentral folks bought TP's from his company. I would not want to be in his shoes. I also think we're going to get our price-matched refunds. I have a good feeling about it.
    i got mine from amazon but it was digitaletc who was selling...amazon told me to call digitaletc for pricematch..still the same u guys..same message...hopefully they will be able to do the price match and refund us with the difference...i got mine 549...
    Any news? I sent them an email, got a quick response asking for the invoice, payment method and TP S/N. They said they would answer ASAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by airakli View Post
    Any news? I sent them an email, got a quick response asking for the invoice, payment method and TP S/N. They said they would answer ASAP.
    I'm in the same boat...

RETIRED:

Got an email saying

we should know on thursday
    Regards,

DigitalEtc

Hope I get to know something today... My fingers are crossed. Stay tuned!!
    same answer..
    Another email:

sorry hp is just doing it one at a time when we get it you will.
    Regards,

DigitalEtc

Still no good news... Stay tuned!!

Got an email saying

we should know on thursday
    Regards,

DigitalEtc

Hope I get to know something today... My fingers are crossed. Stay tuned!!
  14.    #14  
    I am getting really annoyed by this place. I think they are going to screw us all. The guy on the phone said "we want to get this too. We had a lot of international customers who won't be eligible for the refund (you know what i mean?". Those were his exact words. Ugh I hate myself for buying from them. I say we bombard them with emails/phone calls tomorrow. It's been a month...
    i agree! it's taking them sooo long..i wonder if ther're doing it..aagghh
    can we still return hp tp to amazon? any option/suggestion?
    New message:

"it will be in late oct. talk to you then.
    Regards,

DigitalEtc"

Really do not know what to think...
  18.    #18  
    New message:

"it will be in late oct. talk to you then.
    Regards,

DigitalEtc"

Really do not know what to think...
    I got the same message. This guy Sam is a D-Bag too. I doubt we are getting our refunds they seem shady as heck.
    I don't know what to tell you guys. Every one of my emails was always replied to by Sam. So they were super short answers, but again it's one guy doing it all. I found his service Excellent.

And I got my $400 refund today. Plus my $50 HP rebate, and my 32gb touchpad only cost me $100, and I didn't have to wait until the firesale to enjoy it!

RETIRED:

jcohengd likes this.
  20.    #20  
    How did you get your rebate (check, paypal, etc?). He told me they were mailing checks late last week. Did it come in the mail? I have yet to get mine.