1.    #1  
    I think the problem is with the outgoing server setting, which I cannot set to a different server than the incoming one...

My ISP, which handles my e-mail address, will not allow anything to be sent out unless it is through a direct connection to their server, BUT, I cannot get broadband where I live, except through Hughesnet satelite, so I need to use my ISP for incoming, and hughes.net for the outgoing servers......\\

How can I set the outgoing server to the Hughes account when the incoming server is my ISP???

This has been trickey with other devices (PC's, Mac's, and various phones), but I have always managed to get it set up, but the Touchpad always seems to re-set anything else I put in back to the incoming server specification.

Thanks

Dave
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I'm having a similar problem but I'm using Gmail... Receive fine, send fail...

It just sits there with the Outbox refresh loop at the top of the list of outgoing messages. Anyone else getting this?
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    same here
    Me too! I went to preferences...my account..change login settings...manual setup... and verified that I can connect to smtp.gmail.com with my user/pass and ssl, port 465. (if I put something invalid there, it gives me an error).
    Very frustrating to think that you've sent en email, but it just sits in the outbox.
    It's not a good workaround, but to send it you can save it as a draft, go to browser gmail, pull up the draft, and then send it...
    I fixed this by doing some of the emergency patch repair things (emergency file cache wipe, emergency patch repair, etc). This issue may have been caused by the muffle system logging bug that others are seeing.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbo99 View Post
    I fixed this by doing some of the emergency patch repair things (emergency file cache wipe, emergency patch repair, etc). This issue may have been caused by the muffle system logging bug that others are seeing.
    Do I need to do all the preware emergency utilities to get my mail up and running? Is there any other way.
    Ok after a lot of research and trial and error I was able to once again send e-mails. I am not sure what specifically caused the problem or if all of my steps needs to be done to fix it but here is what I did.

Apparently a past version of "Muffle System Logging" cause a error with the email which seems to be the cause of my problems even though I had the new updated version. You can read more about that here: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...tachments.html

1. Uninstall "Muffle System Logging" from PreWare
    2. Reinstall "Muffle System Logging" from Preware
    3 Install "Emergency Filecache Wipe" from PreWare - This erases all the stores Cache files on your Touchpad and requires a Lunar Restart
    4. After the Lunar Restart delete all your e-mail accounts.
    5. Add back your e-mail accounts.

I am uncertain if removing and reinstalling "Muffle System Logging" was necessary but it was what I did. I ran an e-mail test after removing "Muffle System Logging" and after performing a "Emergency Filecache Wipe" but I still couldn't send an email. It took erasing my e-mail account and adding them back for me to finally be able to send an e-mail. I hope that helps.
    Last edited by 3FLi; 03/23/2012 at 05:06 PM.