1.    #1  
    To all those who say that it is IMPOSSIBLE that this is a brilliant marketing scheme, I want to direct your attention to Google. Start typing in "Where to" on google and look at the first autocomplete suggestion:

"Where to buy HP Touchpad"

If that doesn't mean the Touchpad has made it into the mainstream public's eyes nothing does! WebOS FTW.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Were you logged in to Google when you experienced this? I feel like Google optimizes your search results based on recent search activity. Mine also had the "where to buy HP TouchPad" entry -- but it was #2, right under "where to eat in Boston."

Guess where I live?
    Mine was #3 under "Where to find morel mushrooms in Michigan" and "Where to buy feather hair extensions" ...what??
    LoL. Nice.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    touchpad was #2 on google trends this afternoon..
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Were you logged in to Google when you experienced this? I feel like Google optimizes your search results based on recent search activity. Mine also had the "where to buy HP TouchPad" entry -- but it was #2, right under "where to eat in Boston."

Guess where I live?
    NYC? Lol. No I wasn't logged in and I deleted all cookies and browsing data to make sure it wasn't me.
    Here's a Google Trends page on the search and news traffic for touchpad, playbook, and ipad terms.

Google Trends: touchpad, playbook, ipad
    Google Trends: hp touchpad, blackberry playbook, apple ipad

In the 12 month chart I used full product names (HP Touchpad vs Touchpad) because otherwise the iPad swamps everything. But it's interesting to note in that chart that there's steady growth of HP Touchpad searches prior to HPs panic move. I really think people were increasing watching for HP Touchpad price cuts even before the panic. Interest appears to have been building.

Idiots.