Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    I think we just have to wait and see if TD contacts us about our orders at this point.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Don't hold your breath.
    I've tried to call him, and to speak with him in Romanian. I thought that might have him relax and to get some information about it all. Alas, he does not answer the phone anymore.

I've put my home phone on the file, and I am at work. I don't know how that will work if AD calls in. I can only wait a little bit (hopefully come across an item somewhere else in the mean time) and dispute the claim on the credit card.

This really was a gamble. Though my two touchstones seem to come to me well. I will have no touchpads to place on them, though.
    stl1859 likes this.
    My card just got billed today. Once again I am not worried and it they show, great if not I used my CC for a reason -----> buyer protection.

Mo.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I came into this thread with the link and 18 precentral users like it. The horror of the last few pages where there is mostly talk about unfulfilled orders and contacting the BBB. Hope you guys get your orders, but can you unlike the post after liking?
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
    There're some new developments in the FB page. Look everyone, I believe it's just taking more time to process and it's a bit of an unusual selling this, it's certainly unlike buying from Bestbuy and people have to understand that.

The stupid hurricane is coming and that FOR SURE will hold things up so just RELAX.
    I hope people keep canceling their orders so I can keep buying TP's at $80.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    It is one of the lowest price of touch pad I have ever seen. This touch pad is available at 80$ because at this price it is impossible to buy touch pad but the time changes and the expensive electronics items are available at low prices.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesabond View Post
    It is one of the lowest price of touch pad I have ever seen. This touch pad is available at 80$ because at this price it is impossible to buy touch pad but the time changes and the expensive electronics items are available at low prices.
    I've seen this one sale where people got to buy it for 49$. It was probably a very very brief sale.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    I'm still not convinced. Why didn't he post this to begin with? He lied from the get go and I can't trust what he is saying. Good luck with your orders though
    I called and talked with him 30 min. this morning. He rambled on and on to be honest, this seems to have really rattled him. I am not convinced, but I will give him a few more days before I reverse the charges.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I've been watching the drama unfold on the FB page. After everything that has happened, I've come to the conclusion that he's just a small businessman who got WAY over his head and can't communicate well with so many customers. I also think he didn't fully grasp the enormity of this firesale. He probably thought he could handle the orders, verification, shipment of (allegedly) thousands of product. Obviously he couldn't and he bungled the communication trying to make people happy but instead aroused their suspicions.

In hindsight, he should of just said he was overwhelmed and couldn't handle the orders and either cancel everyones order (not like it hasn't happened over this past week) or say at the get-go he was transferring shipment to TechData.

Personally, I think he thought TechData had allocated stock for him prior and was expecting that he could ship these out in no time. I think I'll get my Touchpad eventually. Right now, we don't know when HP will start selling them again and Best Buy is a gamble, so this is my shot right now. If I can get a hand on one before this arrives or when HP starts selling again, I'll cancel the order. Right now, thank goodness for fraud protection.
    +1
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    i just got that email as well...back to the drawing board.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Definitely the worst customer service I have ever experienced BUT if those tablets are with TechData then will another distributor sell them?? Or was this a total scam
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Back to the drawing board for me too unless HP's SMB comes through. At this point I have no faith in any online seller being able to deliver this product. Looks like I might end up with a bunch of accessories only.
    The vendor could be a scam. But, IF THE VENDOR IS REAL, then the story about being cut off by Tech Data COULD make sense.

I don't know the vendor. I have no idea whether he is legitimate or not. He might be a legit vendor who is simply stuck like lots of other people. Or, with the TP selling so fast, maybe he foolishly thought it would be easy to become a vendor, but somehow he got in way over his head. Or maybe he's a crook. I have no idea.

What I do know is this. I ordered a week ago, direct from HP. Since then, HP has changed the story on my order several different times. Nobody knows better than HP what's out there. So if HP is constantly changing their story, I'm not surprised that other vendors are changing their story on TP orders.

Also, I have had direct business dealings with Tech Data (I'm near their headquarters, in the Tampa Bay area). The founder of the company was a straightforward, no nonsense guy. When he retired, his son took the helm, and was the same way. The son has since stepped down from the CEO spot but remains as Chairman of the Board (it's common for CEO's to exit big companies by using Board Chairman as a transition point). But the company still has that no-nonsense personality. I assure you, if customers of the vendor are calling and e-mailing Tech Data, telling them that they ordered the TP from a retailer for $80 (an amount below the authorized retail price), then Tech Data will be unhappy. And if those same customers are also telling Tech Data that the same retailer is lying, etc., then Tech Data will be VERY unhappy.

Tech Data does huge business with HP, and will protect that relationship. Tech Data also has more than 100,000 retailers that it sells to, and it doesn't care a bit about any particular small retailer relationship. It will cut a retailer in a blink of an eye if there is so much as a HINT of something that might be unsatisfactory to a major manufacturer like HP. In other words, as I said above, IF THE VENDOR IS REAL, then the story about being cut off by Tech Data COULD make sense.
    - Bubba
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I have a feeling the guy was just ill.prepared for the onslaught of folks wanting TPs at that price. He seemed like a nice enough guy that was probably used to selling a few units a day and then WHAMMY!
    It's so annoying. It basically killed all of my other opportunities to get hands on this tablet.
    *** the page has been deleted from facebook ***
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast