Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rubenfan View Post
    too good to be true... Why would anyone sell at a lose below 99 price point? And there is no reason to since they sells like hot cake?
    It's not 80$. They have handling also which adds to the final price. Eventually it comes out 92$ per unit. They don't give "free shipping" so that's the counter-back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyronians View Post
    My order number is 817 and I received an email this morning telling me that the touchpad has shipped. So far everything looks like a pretty normal purchase to me and I've made a lot of purchases online.
    Make sure you get that tracking number.
    Tyronians likes this.
    This was posted on Facebook by AIC Incorporated / NikKa Enterprises LLC 16 minutes ago: IMPORTANT INFORMATION: ORDERS ALREADY ON LOADING DOCK WAITING TO BE SHIPPED WITHIN THE NEXT 24 TO 36 HRS (tracking numbers will be emailed by UPS/Fedex when pick-up completed): Orders from 36 thru 1035 are currently on the loading dock waiting for shipping/pick-up later-on today of already picked-up last evening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyronians View Post
    This was posted on Facebook by AIC Incorporated / NikKa Enterprises LLC 16 minutes ago: IMPORTANT INFORMATION: ORDERS ALREADY ON LOADING DOCK WAITING TO BE SHIPPED WITHIN THE NEXT 24 TO 36 HRS (tracking numbers will be emailed by UPS/Fedex when pick-up completed): Orders from 36 thru 1035 are currently on the loading dock waiting for shipping/pick-up later-on today of already picked-up last evening.
    I've seen it too. My order is #1009, hopefully it turns out true.
    Tyronians likes this.
    Another post on Facebook by AIC Incorporated / NikKa Enterprises LLC: we are taking preorders only for the sept 14 shipping date. we have a batch of 9600 units out of which 5735 are already sold out
    So let me get this straight. They'll let you order these but it clearly states by the *** that these are not in stock, but they'll gladly let you place the order anyway?? Umm, oook.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbrad2 View Post
    So let me get this straight. They'll let you order these but it clearly states by the *** that these are not in stock, but they'll gladly let you place the order anyway?? Umm, oook.
    It's a back order. Not matter what though, the later you order the lesser your chances of getting that back order guaranteed. It's getting risky by the moment. FYI, Hp.com will start reselling them today. HP changed the product page status from OOS to "Coming Soon".

HP TouchPad Wi-Fi 16GB | HP® Official Store
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbrad2 View Post
    They say they have another order coming in on Sept. 14 and are taking pre-orders. We'll see. I just ordered 2 for a back up plan since my OnSale order through Amazon will most likely get cancelled and my HP SMB order isn't a sure thing either.
    Another update from AIC Incorporated / NikKa Enterprises LLC
    STATUS UPDATE: Everyone please read carefully our notes below prior to asking about your orders. if your order number is up to 1150 it is on the loading dock waiting to be picked up in the next 36/72 hrs. anything over 1151 will have to wait for the next shipping dat eon sept 14.
    It says they have ordered another 9600. I went ahead and ordered in the second batch, we'll see if it works.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    From their Facebook page:

AIC Incorporated / NikKa Enterprises LLC
    IMPORTANT HP UPDATES ON THE TOUCHPAD PRODUCT LINE
    IMPORTANT HP UPDATES ON THE TOUCHPAD PRODUCT LINE:
    Please be aware HP decided to discontinue this product as of yesterday. The distribution. The distribution channel is now in limbo deciding for the next week if orders are still to be taken and added to the existent national backlog of 140,000+ units. So based on this tid-bit of information we as a small company have...
    By: AIC Incorporated / NikKa Enterprises LLC
    about a minute ago · Share
    AIC Incorporated / NikKa Enterprises LLC
    IMPORTANT HP UPDATES ON THE TOUCHPAD PRODUCT LINE:
    Please be aware HP decided to discontinue this product as of yesterday. The distribution. The distribution channel is now in limbo deciding for the next week if orders are still to be taken and added to the existent national backlog of 140,000+ units...
    about a minute ago · Share
    Full text from IMPORTANT HP UPDATES ON THE TOUCHPAD PRODUCT LINE: | Facebook

Please be aware HP decided to discontinue this product as of yesterday. The distribution. The distribution channel is now in limbo deciding for the next week if orders are still to be taken and added to the existent national backlog of 140,000+ units. So based on this tid-bit of information we as a small company have decided to stop taking the orders on the 16GB and 32GB version of the TouchPad until we get a firm resolution directly from HP. We will keep everyone posted. Thank you.

If I am one of the orders that had it "in the trailer, waiting to be picked up," then I am safe, right? Anyone else understand it that way?

I've started to think a lot about this order. People claim that they (the store) have been active for a few years, yet order numbers for Touchpad have been as low as 50. It may be that they had veeeeeeery slow years. Then I was told that my order is already in the trailer, waiting to be picked up in a day or two. Why not the same day, if the trailer is all ready? Seems like enough time to get the money off of everyone, and run away to safety before anyone waits a week for their order to get worried.

One thing that comforts me is that, at the very least, the credit card page was of the https sort.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    but you can still add it to cart...
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I am order number 104 and have no email about it shipping or anything did you guys get tracking numbers that got the email that your item has shipped?
    They told me they were shipping my order over gchat. I already sold both. one to coworker, other to family. :P
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by antijingoist View Post
    They told me they were shipping my order over gchat. I already sold both. one to coworker, other to family. :P
    no response from email/gtalk/facebook starting to get slightly annoyed did you get a tracking number?
    Facebook Update from AIC Incorporated / NikKa Enterprises LLC:
    IMPORTANT UPDATE: Due to the fluid situation just created in the channel by HP's decision of discontinuing the 16GB/32GB line of Touchpad we have STOPPED taking preorders as of 11:45AM EST. Please be aware any preorders taken are still part of the 9600 quota which is available ETA sept 14. We have also disabled both HP products from our website until further official notice from HP.
    This was posted an hour ago ... around 1:16 PM EST ... also posted: AIC Incorporated / NikKa Enterprises LLC
    IMPORTANT INFORMATION: CANCELED ORDERS: (ADD YOUR CANCEL REQUESTS HERE PLEASE!) Please add your requests here if needed: So far we have the following orders been already canceled: 885, 939, 1049, 56, 32, REVERSED 961AS SHIP, 1613, 732, REVERSED 1115 AS SHIP, 1067, 1032, 119, 1394., 1042, 2301 All canceled orders' charges will be automatically reversed within 48 hrs and the canceled product will automatically go against the next in line.
    So what are the odds of actually getting one from here?
    Tyronians likes this.
    Have you received your tracking number yet...they said to expect it from UPS/FEDEX by the end of the day?
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast