Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 141
Like Tree24Likes
  1. #41  
    hi guys, just registered to join this rather important thread.

    I also ordered from this store and I hope it's legit. Like others said, the site looks like a total scam, weird logo, site looks like it was made in 5 minutes, etc'. Doesn't seem serious. Some links here try to prove otherwise but I'm guessing only time will reveal the truth, meaning the next couple of days.

    I got into a chat with some rep from AIC, as instructed on their facebook page and my order was found and confirmed, I got the confirm # and was told it will ship out tomorrow. Thing is, few people already think it was a chat bot that gave those answers, thus it was a lie or some unreliable info.

    Very unsure at the moment out of two reasons: I had enough hunting (lol) and 2nd I don't want to throw another 180$ for 2 of these from some other site.

    Pretty sticky situation.

    Whoever bought, please keep posting updates as soon as they come your way. The mood will be significantly increased once we hear of buyers who got their product.

    Small edit: That "Rep" is an auto chat bot. You don't realize that soon enough.
    Last edited by adi518; 08/24/2011 at 08:42 AM.
  2. #42  
    I want to buy it but then I don't want to get in a bad situation. Forget it. I almost sent my order through too.
  3. satchmo82's Avatar
    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    #43  
    Ordered mine! Getting this one for my kids. They'll be STOKED!

    BTW, I was order # 1468.
    Last edited by satchmo82; 08/23/2011 at 06:21 PM.
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by satchmo82 View Post
    Ordered mine! Getting this one for my kids. They'll be STOKED!
    I hope you read the thread.
  5. #45  
    Just ordered 3. Order # 1510. Oh and yes, I read the thread, didn't everyone?
  6. w4rmk's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #46  
    I got a confirmation email when I ordered on Monday and tonight I just got the email below from ATP (personal info changed to "xxxx"). It's not a very well formatted email but the it does say "shipped: Y", there is nothing listed for shiptype and no tracking info but this is at least a reasonably good sign!

    Subject: Your recent order from AIC INCORPORATED (www.asktp.com) - STATUS UPDATE

    Order Number: xxx
    Time: Tue Aug 23 05:41:48 2011

    cc: MasterCard
    shipped: Y
    shiptype:

    user id: xxxxxx
    name: Richard xxxxx
    company:
    addr1: xxxxx
    addr2:
    city:
    zip: xxxxx
    state: CO
    country: US
    shipname:
    shipaddr1:
    shipaddr2:
    shipcity:
    shipzip:
    shipstate:
    shipcountry: US
    email: xxxxxx
    phone:
    fax:
    Reference:
    Comments: xxxxx

    Subtotal: 0.00
    Tax: 0.00
    Shipping: 0.00
    Total: 105.70
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    How is that ironic?
    Cause I'm on my touchpad trying to buy another touchpad but the site won't load...

    Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by w4rmk View Post
    I got a confirmation email when I ordered on Monday and tonight I just got the email below from ATP (personal info changed to "xxxx"). It's not a very well formatted email but the it does say "shipped: Y", there is nothing listed for shiptype and no tracking info but this is at least a reasonably good sign!

    Subject: Your recent order from AIC INCORPORATED (www.asktp.com) - STATUS UPDATE

    Order Number: xxx
    Time: Tue Aug 23 05:41:48 2011

    cc: MasterCard
    shipped: Y
    shiptype:

    user id: xxxxxx
    name: Richard xxxxx
    company:
    addr1: xxxxx
    addr2:
    city:
    zip: xxxxx
    state: CO
    country: US
    shipname:
    shipaddr1:
    shipaddr2:
    shipcity:
    shipzip:
    shipstate:
    shipcountry: US
    email: xxxxxx
    phone:
    fax:
    Reference:
    Comments: xxxxx

    Subtotal: 0.00
    Tax: 0.00
    Shipping: 0.00
    Total: 105.70
    I would like to believe that it is in fact a good sign, however I ordered mine tonight and received a very similar email showing the same "shipped: y" within minutes of placing my order. I think that is in reference to the method of delivery rather than the current status of the order. We'll see, I guess...
  9. DiGi91's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    I would like to believe that it is in fact a good sign, however I ordered mine tonight and received a very similar email showing the same "shipped: y" within minutes of placing my order. I think that is in reference to the method of delivery rather than the current status of the order. We'll see, I guess...
    I also got the same email ordered last night and my order number was #104....

    I still think they are a bit sketch but hey that's what fraud protection is for..

    we'll see how it goes.
  10. tayswg20's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    #50  
    ERROR 503 - Service Unavailable!
    The following error occurred:

    The Service is not available at the moment due to a temporary overloading or maintenance of the server. Please try again later.

    Please contact the webmaster with any queries.





    this is what came up when i tried put a TP in my "cart" lol .... we killed it
  11. satchmo82's Avatar
    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by adi518 View Post
    I hope you read the thread.
    I did...I checked my account after placing my order to verify and it was accurate. At worst, if they don't ship, I'll dispute the charge and get my $ back that way. I'll update once I know more.
  12. jebus822's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    #52  
    This company, at least to me, seems legit. They are a VERY SMALL company in Virginia with obviously a website to match.

    However, they do have a Facebook page and are quite responsive to questions posted there.

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/AIC-I...50319014982131

    Here is the issue with the orders, according to a message posted on the Facebook page:

    "NOTICE FOR ALL CONFIRMATION NUMBERS REQUESTS: Please raise us on the gmail communicator at aicdigital@gmail.com with your GATEWAY ORDER NUMBER provided when the checkout ocurred so we can issue manual CONFIRMATION NUMBERS FOR ALL ORDER PLACED PRIOR TO 10:30AM EST. ANY ORDER PLACED AFTER 10:30AM EST will be set as preorder with an ETA SHIP DATE of sept 14, 2011. Thank you."

    Apparently, orders #1-700 will get shipped this week. All other orders won't be shipped till Sept 14. I would cancel those orders as, while they say they'll get more, there's no guarantee.

    EDIT: If you can't get through to contact them through the website, just keep pestering on the facebook page. they seem to be notifying people of their cancellations there and they said credit cards would be refunded in about 48 hours.
  13. #53  
    I placed and order about an hour ago,I added 1 of each to the cart. All was fine, I then upped to 2 each. when I did that the 16gb had a note saying they are now out of stock so I dumped them and ordered 2 of the 32gb. Got the same email.... Not in a hurry so will see what happens.

    Mo.
  14. DiGi91's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus822 View Post
    This company, at least to me, seems legit. They are a VERY SMALL company in Virginia with obviously a website to match.

    However, they do have a Facebook page and are quite responsive to questions posted there.

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/AIC-I...50319014982131

    Here is the issue with the orders, according to a message posted on the Facebook page:

    "NOTICE FOR ALL CONFIRMATION NUMBERS REQUESTS: Please raise us on the gmail communicator at aicdigital@gmail.com with your GATEWAY ORDER NUMBER provided when the checkout ocurred so we can issue manual CONFIRMATION NUMBERS FOR ALL ORDER PLACED PRIOR TO 10:30AM EST. ANY ORDER PLACED AFTER 10:30AM EST will be set as preorder with an ETA SHIP DATE of sept 14, 2011. Thank you."

    Apparently, orders #1-700 will get shipped this week. All other orders won't be shipped till Sept 14. I would cancel those orders as, while they say they'll get more, there's no guarantee.

    EDIT: If you can't get through to contact them through the website, just keep pestering on the facebook page. they seem to be notifying people of their cancellations there and they said credit cards would be refunded in about 48 hours.
    Just hit them up on facebook I'm order number 104 where did you read they are shipping 700? if that is true I should be good?
  15. #55  
    Earthquake in Virginia
  16. #56  
    too good to be true... Why would anyone sell at a lose below 99 price point? And there is no reason to since they sells like hot cake?
  17. #57  
    how many $ to ship it.
    when i want to order my touchpad tell me 155$ to ship it to spain.
  18. rkguy's Avatar
    Posts
    803 Posts
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    #58  
    Can someone PM me the google chat name for the company?
    I don't see it on their FB page and I mixed up two numbers in my delivery address :O
    And it says shipped ~:O
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
  19. #59  
    I got a notification that my order shipped this morning and my order number was over 800 so the number 700 limit seems not to be true. Like I said previously, I'll be a believer when it lands on my front porch.
  20. #60  
    My order number is 817 and I received an email this morning telling me that the touchpad has shipped. So far everything looks like a pretty normal purchase to me and I've made a lot of purchases online.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions