Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    ironically I can't open this site from my touchpad...
    Quote Originally Posted by sixfootsix View Post
    They have to optimize it for the Touchpad, I think... Or just edit the Webkit to make pages run better.
    -Travis Antonio
    Trakyng Games

Devices:
    -Motorola Atrix 4G (1.5 Ghz) (CM7 Neutrino) (Tegra Hack H^LLA POWERFUL)
    -Palm Pre Plus *DEAD*
    -Palm Pre Plus (Mom).

Never forget to say Thanks, God bless you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by sixfootsix View Post
    How is that ironic?
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    So I went back into my account and went to orders, and it was empty... No transactions, orders, anything...

Here's what the e-mail said:

Company: AIC INCORPORATED
    Order Number: 221

Card Type: Visa
    Card Number: (Visa) ....****

Subtotal: 0.00
    Tax: 0.00
    Shipping: 0.00
    Total: 323.14

AIC INCORPORATED

Do you think it went through or is the site not legit? I had my doubts at $80, but I had to take a chance. I'm striking out everywhere else...
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Not sure if this helps, but the guy seems to have a bit of a presence in the online community. He has a facebook page and a twitter account, and if you look at the tweets he mentioned having touchpads on the 16th which was before HP announced they were ditching the touchpad.. That is a good sign.. They also appear to sell lots of other things.
    I purchased 1 on a whim. It seemed like a really bad idea but I did it anyways. This guy is going to do some serious time if he's not legit.. YOu can find info on him dating back to 2007 in the magento forums.. I can't imagine he's a complete fraud or you'd hear about it by now (ps, he seems to have had the name AIC for awhile now).
    The only negative thing is you can't seem to find much online about the actual website at all.. Only time will tell. I ordered mine around 9pm PST, its 1 am now and the site is back up and you can again purchase them it looks like.. I'm having my doubts about how many he has in stock.. At worst I'll have to dispute the charge with m cc company, at best I'll have gotten a steal of a deal (it was like $109 after shipping/tax).. Most likely they were out of stock by the time I got mine anyways so the order will get cancelled..
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Just ordered one. we will see how it goes. $101 with shipping.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    If you go to your account on that site does your order show up in order history?
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    nothing pulls up for me
    And this is your first post!

Quote Originally Posted by mwolfe38 View Post
    Not sure if this helps, but the guy seems to have a bit of a presence in the online community. He has a facebook page and a twitter account, and if you look at the tweets he mentioned having touchpads on the 16th which was before HP announced they were ditching the touchpad.. That is a good sign.. They also appear to sell lots of other things.
    I purchased 1 on a whim. It seemed like a really bad idea but I did it anyways. This guy is going to do some serious time if he's not legit.. YOu can find info on him dating back to 2007 in the magento forums.. I can't imagine he's a complete fraud or you'd hear about it by now (ps, he seems to have had the name AIC for awhile now).
    The only negative thing is you can't seem to find much online about the actual website at all.. Only time will tell. I ordered mine around 9pm PST, its 1 am now and the site is back up and you can again purchase them it looks like.. I'm having my doubts about how many he has in stock.. At worst I'll have to dispute the charge with m cc company, at best I'll have gotten a steal of a deal (it was like $109 after shipping/tax).. Most likely they were out of stock by the time I got mine anyways so the order will get cancelled..
    Here is another one. Just joined with 3 posts

Quote Originally Posted by allowingtoo View Post
    Facebook page says:

AIC Incorporated / NikKa Enterprises LLC
    TOUCHPAD 16 & 32GB BUYERS: Our website is flooded with orders from all over the world. Please be patient as we fulfill all orders as they come. We have enough stock. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    Here is another one. Just joined with 3 posts
    Go to his Facebook page.

I can't help it if I'm new. I just ordered the TouchPad on Saturday from HPSB.

We all have to be New somewhere sometime. Weren't you new here at some point??
    NickA and 11B1P like this.
    Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allowingtoo View Post
    I can't help it if I'm new. I just ordered the TouchPad on Saturday from HPSB.

We all have to be New somewhere sometime. Weren't you new here at some point??
    Gave you a like and and a thanks for this. Having a high post count and feeling superior is so 1990's.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Gone....

"AIC Incorporated / NikKa Enterprises LLC
    Please be advised we no longer take orders for any of the touchpads listed on special as of 10: 30AM EST. All existent orders please provie the initial gateway number so we can issue the CONF # for you. Thanks."
    I guess you don't have to be a long-time poster to get lucky. I'll believe it when they hit my front porch but I may have gotten the last 4:

Ship Country: US
    Comments: j........on@c.......r.com
    Time: 08/23/11 10:29:42 AM
    You can talk to them on gChat. Said it was scheduled for shipment tomorrow. Chat details are on the Facebook page.
    Has anyone received their Confirmation #?

I'm starting to worry, I ordered 2 last night, I havent received a confirmation #

On AIC FB page they ask that we provide out Order # via email ....

"NOTICE FOR ALL CONFIRMATION NUMBERS REQUESTS: Please raise us on the gmail communicator at aicdigital@gmail.com with your GATEWAY ORDER NUMBER provided when the checkout ocurred so we can issue manual CONFIRMATION NUMBERS FOR ALL ORDER PLACED PRIOR TO 10:30AM EST"

I sent them an email about 30min agon but no response yet

EDIT: Finally got a response thru Google Talk....

He/She gave me my Confirmation # and told me that it would be shipped tomorrow and will provide me tracking #, hope its true!
    Last edited by Lakers3408; 08/23/2011 at 04:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    How long did Google talk take? I've been waiting for a good 15 minutes. What was your order number?
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    How long did Google talk take? I've been waiting for a good 15 minutes. What was your order number?
    I sent them a message at 2:12pm (pacific) and again at 2:37.... got a reply at soon after

My order # was 262
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Well, I ordered before you, so I'm hopeful!!
    It was laborious, but I got through the ordering process, waiting 5-10 min between each click. However, on the order confirmation the transaction status = declined, but when I finish they say it has been successfully processed. :-( We'll wait and see. None of these online merchants seem to have been prepared for the deluge of buyers they're getting.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast