1.    #1  
    Hate to break up all the buying posts...but I had to offer my unboxing impressions...as a long-time Palm and WebOS user.

D@mn. This is beautiful. The packaging is a work of art...as is the device's exterior.

I plugged it in and after a short delay, I selected language and then got prompted to either create a palm profile or use an existing one. Of course, no new WebOS guy here - I typed in the credentials for my Pre and selected the "restore" option...and after a quick reboot...I was looking at my apps! After entering passwords for all of my synergy accounts when prompted, synching started...and then it was out to the beautiful WebOS UI...but on a larger scale than I have ever experienced before.

My Pre has been rooted and overclocked since shortly after launch day...but I may give this puppy a break until I can figure out what it can do.

Happy, but VERY bittersweet day. This is NOT how I wanted to get my next WebOS device.
    Oh how I envy you.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthes View Post
    Oh how I envy you.
    Where were you on June 6th 2009!? We had room in line! We needed you!

Take heart, I hear more will be available this week. For all we know, there are shipping containers full on boats in transit. This cancellation came pretty suddenly...and it takes awhile to dump the entire supply chain. Worst case, I expect to see a lot of hoarders needing to drop prices significantly in the coming weeks.

cheers,
    S.
    Last edited by scuba_steve; 08/22/2011 at 10:19 PM.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    I'm stuck indefinitely with the money taken out of my account for 2 32gb's and a 16gb from onsale, no option to cancel because they changed it to "Shipping soon" like everybody else. So I couldn't get one even if there was unlimited supply at this point. Rejoice in your luck, and your touchpad
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthes View Post
    I'm stuck indefinitely with the money taken out of my account for 2 32gb's and a 16gb from onsale, no option to cancel because they changed it to "Shipping soon" like everybody else. So I couldn't get one even if there was unlimited supply at this point. Rejoice in your luck, and your touchpad
    Thanks...hope it shines on you as well.
  6.    #6  
    Okay...I made it an hour before I had to install PreWare. Old habits die hard.

Die logging die!