Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    EDIT: JUST WANT TO MAKE IT CLEAR THAT THIS ISN'T A THREAD ABOUT AVAILABLE TOUCHPADS

Backstory:

On Saturday when I woke up and saw that this firesale had started I looked around and found nothing online (admittedly half hearted effort) and called a buddy of mine to let him know about the deal we had missed. He, being a bit more determined than me, set out throughout the state (Connecticut) in search of a store with some in stock. He headed to P.C. Richard and Son and was told that although the current stock had been sold out, they had ordered over 5,000 that were due into their regional warehouse during this week. Each of us being original Pre owners immediately added our names to that list with a charged credit card.

As I settled into my couch with a laptop and started to look into what this firesale had done, I started to see all this traffic regarding cancelled orders and "phantom" stock in stores. Anyone else add their names to this list I am referencing? I am going to be very frustrated if this doesn't end up being a fulfilled order, but it doesn't look like I will be alone.

The other thing that gets me worried is the fact that this "list" (as far as my searches have been able to discover) is not being discussed. Did we get hosed????
    Last edited by Scratch59; 08/22/2011 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Wanted to remove confusion
    I dunno. I told a friend to cancel her order with them and go somewhere else.

They tried to sell me a overpriced HDMI cable ($30 marked down from $60 or was it $60 knocked down from $90?) last December to accompany a DVD player. I walked out with a $100 DVD player marked down to $14 as it was the display without a remote (no, I did not buy the warranty and yes, I had a remote for another unit at home that works fine).
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I was actually pretty disgusted with the upsale tactics there... I wouldn't have bought anything if it weren't for the specific situation I was in....

The salesman tried to upsell me to the 32 gig, tried to sell me the case, tried to sell me the keyboard (in each case telling me I had to decide that day because the employee pricing promotion ended with the day.) I refused everything he offered me... the last item he offered was, and im not kidding, a 20 pack of duracell AA batteries... ***.....
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Was it the Newington PC Richards store?
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Manchester
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I also went to a P.C. Richards & Son's on Saturday and pre-ordered 2 touchpads from there. In hopes I don't get "hosed" from these guys, I just bought a few touchpads from an unknown online retailer. If I happen to recieve all my purchased touchpads, I will gladly sell them at 100$ to a few people here.

Kind Regards
    Typo Lad and garnetlove like this.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I would be honored to accept one of those and I really appreciate your generosity... rare in these days it seems
    @PreBot I also ordered a touchpad from pc richards and am uncertian if i will receive it because it has already been 3 days and its not yet shipped. If you have any extras i would really appreciate it if you sold me one.

thanks
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    Count me in 2 16GB that I pre-ordered at PC Richard at East Brunswick store in NJ.

I would cancel those orders once I get the one from HP.com (S&M business) or the 2 32GB ones I ordered from OfficeDepot.com.

I received one today that I ordered from Staples.com at full price, they are processing the credit for $375 for my 32GB one. I need one more for my wife.
    I ordered one on Sunday as well for in-store pickup asap from the Bay Ridge Brooklyn store. The sales associate told me that HP had promised them stock and they would be shipping them to the store Tuesday or Thursday. The store still hasn't received the shipment yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scratch59 View Post
    and im not kidding, a 20 pack of duracell AA batteries...
    I got a camera from PC. I took the 20 pack of batteries because they were free as a courtesy along with a free camera kit...

I have always had pretty good treatment from them (Raritan, NJ store)...
    Page Plus Cellular - Talk Smart
    Palm M100 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755P > Palm Pro > Palm Pre-
    I placed an order for one around 12:30 (the night the clearance started). On Monday I logged into their chat and the rep told me they were sorting it out and I'd hear something, she said they were only sending 1 per person but so far I haven't received any further updates. I decided not to bug them anymore and just see what happens. I saw one post on SlickDeals who said they had received a cancellation email from them yesterday (Tuesday).
    Yeah I'm slightly worried about the P.C. Richards setup (ordered from Newington). I bought a couple 16 GB's (one for me and one for my mom). Since I didn't have my CC on me I ended up opening an account with them. I would be quite miffed opening a line of credit and not walking out with at least 1 as I could've secured an order elsewhere. Anywho, I'll be saving this thread and if I get new info I will definitely update everyone.

Also in the off chance I don't get one if anyone has an extra one I would definitely be interested.

Until then...
    Just got this an hour ago:

"Dear Valued P.C. Richard & Son Customer:

Due to the overwhelming and unexpected demand for HP TouchPad tablets, we are sold out. It is currently unclear whether our existing purchase orders with HP or any additional orders will be fulfilled. We are waiting for a definitive response from HP on the status of these orders and will contact you again by e-mail with more information as it becomes available. We do apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience in this matter.

If you wish to cancel your order, you can write to us at support@pcrichard.com with your name, contact and invoice numbers or call us Monday through Friday at 877-727-1909 from 9am to 7pm for a full refund. Otherwise, please look forward to our update.

Thank You,

P.C. Richard & Son Internet Team"

Not sure exactly what it means, but assuming I probably won't get mine.
    @rastataoist

Did you buy online or in store?
    I ordered online Friday night. Ordered went through with no issues, sounds like they were selling stock they had coming in, instead of stock already delivered.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rastataoist View Post
    sounds like they were selling stock they had coming in, instead of stock already delivered.
    Similar to a certain financial system we are all too familiar with... should be illegal to sell something you don't have without making it known before hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenub View Post
    I ordered one on Sunday as well for in-store pickup asap from the Bay Ridge Brooklyn store. The sales associate told me that HP had promised them stock and they would be shipping them to the store Tuesday or Thursday. The store still hasn't received the shipment yet.
    Called them again. They said "maybe next week" now.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I just called the Manchester one and the rep that picked up the phone, although in an annoyed tone, stated the following:

Rep: "We will be filling all of the orders people placed. It may take a while."
    Me: "So you are guaranteeing that if I placed an order, I will get a TouchPad?"
    Rep: "Yes."
    Me: "I'm sorry, I'm not sure I heard you correctly, what did you say?"
    Rep: "Yes, we are guaranteeing that if you placed an order in our store, and weren't told we were putting you on a waiting list, you will get a touchpad."

Take it as you will.... but those are strong words in this VERY hazy market. I am now professing, if this PC Richard order falls through, not only will I never buy anything from their store again, I will do my every attempt to drag their name through the mud I can.
    I ordered 2 TouchPads (16GB) from a PC Richard & Sons in Connecticut that Saturday (was that only a week ago?). Anyway, I've heard they are pretty horrible about upselling, so I've never gone there. But they were actually pretty decent and I had a good experience (so far). They told me that they (as a region of stores) had an order for 3,000 of them and when they checked how many had been bought at that point, there had been about 2,800. So I ordered my 2 TPs right away.

I called them Yesterday (or Tuesday - can't remember) and they gave me the same very affirmative response you got, Scratch. They said they would definitely be getting me the two I ordered since I ordered them on time.

They seem very confident, but I have my doubts. Please let me know if you hear anything. And if mine don't work out, I would gladly buy one from someone on here for a slight mark-up ($125 plus shipping or something) if they ordered too many to cover bases.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast