Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xavieralucard View Post
    I finally received a call and will be picking it up. Just wait it out if you can.
    How many did you order and which one 16 or 32? im still waiting or newington to call me
    @npmanny

I had ordered the 16 GB one. If you ordered 1 model from there just call up with your order # and ask how many orders are before you.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xavieralucard View Post
    @npmanny

I had ordered the 16 GB one. If you ordered 1 model from there just call up with your order # and ask how many orders are before you.
    they told me that they dont know the order. that there just going by the computer =/...basicly there giving me the run around ad are just telling me to wait
    Just called local pc Richards and they confirmed to me what I had suspected that they have not gotten a single touchpad since 8/20... I think that they are fulfilling orders to stores closest to the warehouse first then working their way out. The salesman said that not even the guy who first reserved the touchpad in my local store got it...
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Buddy of mine ordered 5 from the PC Richards in Jersey City. So far, nothing. I'm wondering if they are waiting for 5 to come in so he gets them or are they going to fulfill his order piece meal. He opened up a new store card to pay for it.
    Devices
    -Sprint Pre & FrankenPre 2
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    -5 Touchstones for phones & Touchpad
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    @xavieralucard

Check PM
    I received 1 of the 3 that I ordered (16 GB).
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    so my dad finally got some guy to tell him that were number 20 on the list -_____- and the guy said that he estimates that it will be another 3 weeks before we get them =[
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Since I have been seeing a lot of deals lately on 32gb touchpads I thought I would ask them about paying the extra amount from my 16Gb to get the 32GB and this is what they responded:

"Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, we do not have any of these items currently in stock nor are we accepting any new orders. We apologize for any inconvenience. "

Who is really running their IT department? I swear these clowns are almost as bad as onSale. If I really don't end up with these I probably won't ever purchase anything else from them. They have handled this terribly, I placed my order way before anyone in store and still have nothing.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    So ive basicly narrowed down the shipment days that pc richard is getting them, to (mondays or tuesdays) depending on the week. and always usualy thursdays. Theres supposed to be a shipment coming this monday (newington ct) so i hope a few 32gb come so i can get to the beginning of the list lol
    One more week till I cancel my order excited...
    Just got a call from the store I bought mine from. I ordered 2 16GB versions, but they called to say that they won't be getting any 16GB version, but they are getting a bunch of 32GB Touchpads instead. They wanted to give those that bought the 16GB versions first dibs. Anyway, they switched over my order; getting the shipment in on Tuesday and I can pick them up.

Excellent. It took forever, but this will be awesome.
    Thats complete bull if they are giving people 32gb who ordered 16gbs over people who actually ordered the 32gbs...
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapdragon0503 View Post
    Thats complete bull if they are giving people 32gb who ordered 16gbs over people who actually ordered the 32gbs...
    I think they are going by the time of purchase. At least, that is how they explained it to me. If you purchased any touchpad during the sale, they are just going along trying to fill the quantity regardless of the original type with the 32 GB model.

I actually wish that they had the 16GB version as I don't need the space, but this will still be really nice. I do have pay the additional $50 per tablet, since I only paid $100 per tablet at the time of purchase.

I don't think anything about the TouchPad sales (regardless of vendor) has been equitable, so I understand your frustration. I went to BestBuy that morning and offered to pay more than the discounted price and they said they wouldn't sell them since they were sending them all back to HP. Then a guy I met at PC Richards that afternoon said he bought one there a few minutes earlier and had it in his car.

Amazing what this deal did to people.
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyTF View Post
    Just got a call from the store I bought mine from. I ordered 2 16GB versions, but they called to say that they won't be getting any 16GB version, but they are getting a bunch of 32GB Touchpads instead. They wanted to give those that bought the 16GB versions first dibs. Anyway, they switched over my order; getting the shipment in on Tuesday and I can pick them up.

Excellent. It took forever, but this will be awesome.
    I got the same phone call yesterday saying I needed to upgrade to the 32gb because my store wouldn't be getting in the 16gb. But I didn't get the specific day to pick them up, he said he would call me. Which store did you order from?
    Got the same call and ended up upgrading to 32gb for $52.

Don't have a specific date on when they are coming in, but was told "next week."
    I was told Tuesday next week. Norwalk, CT store.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapdragon0503 View Post
    I completly agree with you >=/ if me and me dad dont get our pair of 32gb touchpads, theres gonna be trouble for pc
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    The guy I talked to used language that hinted that what they are getting next week is "more than enough" to satisfy all demand for the orders they took.

I think the 16's went so fast across all retail outlets and the 32's are the majority... its still a kickin deal compared to any other tablet out there! I gladly accepted their offer.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    This is from PCRichards twitter

@turbotymer @iceorb and all HP TouchPad customers: HP is no longer sure they can fulfill all orders for the 16GB TouchPad, but they were able to send us enough 32GB models to cover all in-store and online orders already placed. We are currently in the process of notifying all 16GB customers that they have the chance to upgrade to the 32GB model and be guaranteed a TouchPad. If you do not wish to upgrade, we cannot guarantee that you will get a 16GB model in the future. The 32GB model is $50 more at $149.99. I am very sorry for the inconvenience. If you would like to upgrade, please call the store you placed your order at or call customer service at 877-727-1909. If you do not wish to upgrade, you may cancel your order by e-mailing support@pcrichard.com with your name, contact and invoice numbers or call Monday through Friday at 877-727-1909 from 9am to 7pm for a full refund. If you choose to maintain your current order, we cannot guarantee it will be fulfilled. If you ordered multiple TouchPads at once, one will be fulfilled and you will be refunded for the rest. Thank you for your understanding.
    Im telling you guys right now me and my dad better get all 3 of ours, (one for me one for him, and one for his gf) because there was no policy or anything when i ordered them, this kind of crap should be illegal.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast