Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Update:

P.C. Richard and Son - Newington edition

This morning I went in and was told they had some on the truck so I figured great I'll just stick around (REP 1).

So I meandered around for a bit (grabbed breakfast) and eventually checked with them again.

They told me they were not getting any in today and that they expect them in the warehouse (New York) tomorrow with store arrival on Monday (REP 2).

I believe I heard a # of 500 tablets coming into the New York warehouse (can't confirm it - I could've misheard it - so definitely take it with an extreme grain of salt). I was also told that I may or may not be high enough on the pre-orders to get mine.

Funny enough...

If I were to travel back in time to Saturday. I, like IndyTF, was also told that there were 3,000 in the warehouse/ordered to arrive.

Anywho those are my updates. If I have anything extra I'll let you know. I just hope everyone can at least get 1.
    The manager at my local store in NJ let me my put my name on a waiting list for the touchpads if they get any more. They took a $30 deposit. crossing my fingers
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Are their online orders completely separate from store orders? I don't know much about the company but it seems "odd" to oversell online in the middle of the night on Friday and then continue to take orders in store the following day?
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy3721 View Post
    Are their online orders completely separate from store orders? I don't know much about the company but it seems "odd" to oversell online in the middle of the night on Friday and then continue to take orders in store the following day?
    I agree, I went to the store because of a buddy who thought to go to their store. I wasn't aware that the online system was oversold (until I saw the cancellation emails people are posting on here.)

Even more strange is that now they are telling me that if my name is on that initial list, I WILL get one.... but they cancelled peoples' orders from Friday night on the website....

These companies need to retool their entire inventory systems... just because this load was uncommon doesn't mean their IT systems should be unable to handle it.
    Another update for the Newington location:

Spoke with a REP yesterday and was told there was no update or deliveries.

Decided to call in today and the REP mentioned that some were delivered to the store yesterday and a couple orders were filled and that the rest may be filled on Tuesday or Thursday.

I hope this is finished by the end of the week. I already scheduled one visit per a REP recommendation last week and don't want to schedule another drive out if it produces the same result.

I also agree they need to re-tool their inventory system. Not only that, they need to provide a unified front for updates on current orders. So that when anyone calls we all get the same information.

As always if I get any other information I will update as follows.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    So I spoke with the Newington store yesterday late morning... they said they were getting a hazy picture of everything since the majority of the stores in the region have no power, but that they would call me if they found out any information.

I never got a call back... so I had my friend call and ask them later in the day to which the woman who picked up said something to the effect of "We are waiting for a response from HP on this."

***???!!!! Anyone else seeing similar talk at the store they ordered from?
    @Scratch59

Definitely getting similar talk. The current word I have heard is that they are getting them this Thursday. Instead of calling up and mentioning the HP Touchpad. I call and inquire about my current Invoice # with them.

Though I do have to say I've gotten many different reports of information from different people in the same day from that store. They really need to provide clear answers even if it's an unpopular one.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xavieralucard View Post
    Though I do have to say I've gotten many different reports of information from different people in the same day from that store. They really need to provide clear answers even if it's an unpopular one.
    I whole heartedly agree. It is really driving me nuts...
    @Scratch59

Definitely getting similar talk. The current word I have heard is that they are getting them this Thursday. Instead of calling up and mentioning the HP Touchpad. I call and inquire about my current Invoice # with them.

I called the store I bought them from (Connecticut) and got the same Thursday answer although they noted that it probably wouldn't be wise to check in with them until Friday to confirm. Although, after pressing the rep for more information, she admitted that she didn't know if any TouchPads would be on the Thursday shipment or not, but that she only knew a general shipment was coming in on that day. She simply assumed my stuff would be on that shipment.

Hopefully, she is right. Otherwise I am going to go crazy with the rest of you.
    Decided to add my story to the mix:

Went into a P.C. Richards the Saturday the sale went live (as soon as the store opened). The employee said they were unfortunately out of stock (although, I did see employees in the back holding them in their hands, feel as though they were taking them); however, they said I can pay for the 32GB and it will be ready for pick up on Tuesday. Originally, I was going to purchase a 16GB, but the employee turned me away from that purchase since he said I probably wouldn't get a 16GB Tuesday.

I head in Tuesday to find out the Touchpad never came in, but it should be in on Friday. Fast forward to Friday, go back in with again no Touchpad shipment coming in. Been calling ever so often these past couple of weeks with still no word on where my order is. My last phone call was today where again I was told they do not know when the shipment will come in or if it will at all. Although, I keep getting told since I ordered that morning, and paid the full amount, I am guaranteed one... Not holding my breath. Guess I'll call again tomorrow in hopes the shipment comes in Friday. Seriously, the last time I make a purchase through them. Ever.
    I used to be a salesman for PC Richard on Long Island several years ago. I still keep in contact with my old managers. Using my past employment to get the skinny on the TP's, I was told no more, none going to the warehouse for new orders. Unless someone cancels their order, which would be only a small # for the entire Tri-State area, no one can get one at PCR.

Plus, the salesmen know the inventory before the customers do. They ALWAYS get first dibs. If 1 or 20 become available, they will never get into the customers hands.
    I put in a "pre-order" at my local PC richards after they were out of stock, giving a $30 deposit for a 16GB and a 32GB... Well, just got a call that some 16GBs just came in! Went to the store to pick it up and sure enough, they had my 16GB touchpad! No additional units, though...just enough for those who put down deposits!
    I put in a "pre-order" at my local PC richards after they were out of stock, giving a $30 deposit for a 16GB and a 32GB... Well, just got a call that some 16GBs just came in! Went to the store to pick it up and sure enough, they had my 16GB touchpad! No additional units, though...just enough for those who put down deposits!

can you tell where you pc richards is at. cause i paid for mines in full and have yet to be called.
    Quote Originally Posted by nextello View Post
    can you tell where you pc richards is at. cause i paid for mines in full and have yet to be called.
    east hanover, nj
    Keeping my mouth shut (for now)
    well i just called my local pc richards (staten island ny) and was told they have not got any this week and dont know if or when they will be getting anymore. i was also told not to worry that my order will be fulfilled being that i paid on the day of sale. could be bs but i got my fingers crossed.
    P.C. Richards Newington Update:

They have received their 2nd shipment today. If you aren't called you aren't getting them on this shipment (includes me).

What is slightly frustrating is that I've paid in full since the start of the sale and seem to still be missing out.
    P.C. Richards Newington Update:

They have received their 2nd shipment today. If you aren't called you aren't getting them on this shipment (includes me).

What is slightly frustrating is that I've paid in full since the start of the sale and seem to still be missing out.
    Do you mean they are getting them in today (9/2/11) and won't be calling you unless you call them first?

Also, I ordered mine from a P.C. Richards in NY.
    For Newington they received them on 9.1.2011. If they called the number left on the order you head down and claim it. If not, it's a hopefully next time situation.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    nothing yet from Queens PC Richards
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast