Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    On the phone with a rep...they got an email as of 730am this morning saying they were soldout.
  2.    #122  
    So this morning I placed my order and added a new shipping address which got the right city based on the zip code. I just got the confirmation e-mail, but no tracking or true confirmation that it has been processed.

Best of luck to everyone.
  3.    #123  
    One more quick note, the quantity just went from 113 to call for availability on the link I used for the 16 gb. I'm not to hopeful, but maybe since it was in my cart since last night it was being held for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by DizWhiz View Post
    Hey everyone I just registered so I can post!

I got through (calling from the rep list for my closest location) got through to a person in Returns and was told the following:

1. We brought their site down. There is a mandatory hold on all orders as of sometime 10:30-11am eastern.
    2. If you got an order confirmation there is a chance that it will be honored but they did oversell. (Like B&N)
    3. Don't bother trying to call the main number they took if offline due to the calls bringing their phone network down.
    4. They will try and contact everyone ASAP.

I should note I do not work for them and I was really leery about ordering from a company I don't know but I was also one of the unlucky who thought they got a B&N deal. Sigh.

I'm going to give it a day and then call my CC company and have it cancelled if I cannot get a real person to confirm my order since it's already hit my CC online.

I hope this helps!
    My confirmation email was sent at 10:19am.

What are my chances of it being fulfilled?
    None. Just got off the phone with a rep and they said all orders today will be cancelled.
    None. Just got off the phone with a rep and they said all orders today will be cancelled.
    dam. I wonder how long until they fully refund the charges
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by txag98 View Post
    Your card has been authorized. They would most likely not finalize it, and the auth will disappear in a few days.
    As of noon, here's the message on their homepage:

Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by txag98 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyHDTV View Post
    As of noon, here's the message on their homepage:

You don't do scheduled maintenance at noon.
    Hello, everyone.

I'm a representative with Insight. I apologize for any issues you've had with contacting us, however we are currently out on HP Touchpad inventory.

I apologize for any inconvenience this causes.
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by InsightKM View Post
    Hello, everyone.

I'm a representative with Insight. I apologize for any issues you've had with contacting us, however we are currently out on HP Touchpad inventory.

When were you out? Many of us ordered this morning and got confirmation emails.
    https://www.insight.com/search/ppp.w...=FB356UT%23ABA

Still shows availability of 529 but now says Call for Price.

A lotta luck getting through.

I did get through to my on line order and it still shows.

That will suck if they have known for hours they did not have any and sold them anyway. I guess they went to the same management school that HP did.
    PalmV - Kyo 6035 - 7135 - 650 - 700wx - pre+clocked - pre+2.1 mod - and no Pre3 time to get a Pre2?

June 19 - 8:45am - early order Touchpad. Love it! Used fire sale refund to get another. Rest paid for all accessories. Trying to teach the wife to love it.

support WebOs internals!
    Quote Originally Posted by InsightKM View Post
    Hello, everyone.

Why were sales continued to be allowed even though you did not have the inventory? Not just that, but had numbers of items in stock on the sales page?
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Assuming InsightKM is who he says he is, when will those of us who have orders in the processing state (with CC authorizations too) find out the fate of our orders?
    AND had the numbers diminishing for the phantom sales.

These hours of trying to buy from an almost criminally negligent company are not just an inconvenience. Tho' I appreciate your personal concern, your company seems to have no concern, and their own mismanagement has caused their web site and phone system a lot of unnecessary strain and aggravation for their other customers, of which my company is occasionally..
    PalmV - Kyo 6035 - 7135 - 650 - 700wx - pre+clocked - pre+2.1 mod - and no Pre3 time to get a Pre2?

June 19 - 8:45am - early order Touchpad. Love it! Used fire sale refund to get another. Rest paid for all accessories. Trying to teach the wife to love it.

support WebOs internals!
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    If BN can't keep up with their inventory, I don't really expect a smaller shop, which Insight appears to be, to be able to do it as well. What is curious is the fact they they show numbers, and they keep going every which way.
    Quote Originally Posted by jondough View Post
    AND had the numbers diminishing for the phantom sales.

These hours of trying to buy from an almost criminally negligent company are not just an inconvenience. Tho' I appreciate your personal concern, your company seems to have no concern, and their own mismanagement has caused their web site and phone system a lot of unnecessary strain and aggravation for their other customers, of which my company is occasionally..
    This is hardly unique to Insight. I had "successful" orders cancelled by B&N and CDW so far. Still waiting on the "successful" Insight order.
    Fully agree, did not mean to just single out Insight, was just responding to their "representative"

I spent hours on HP yesterday to no avail. The 'Captains' of this sinking ship.

Just think how much other business these companies are loosing, as well as the thousands of man hours lost by us poor slobs racking up time at work and home. HP has brought the country to its knees.

LOL.

support WebOs internals!
    My credit status changed from "contact sales rep (1)" to "released" and now the est. Date of arrival has been updated. It was saying 8/22/11, but now lists 9/6/11.

I wish I knew if that means I have dibs on one or if I'm just getting messed around with?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    My credit status changed from "contact sales rep (1)" to "released" and now the est. Date of arrival has been updated. It was saying 8/22/11, but now lists 9/6/11.

I wish I knew if that means I have dibs on one or if I'm just getting messed around with?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    What time did you place your order?