Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    Good luck. The customer rep mentioned that the website was allowing orders to go through because the inventory system wasn't updating correctly due to the overflow. I thought since I got in so early I should've been able to get one. I don't know how some of these other people who ordered on 8/23 (8 hours later) could've already received shipping confirmations....
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    What type of shipping?
    FedEx.
    Maybe they are shipping based on the type you paid for. I just did the standard shipping, which is likely why they are telling me two weeks. I should get at least one of the orders, but they may not ship it for a bit yet.
    I actually don't think I ordered expedited shipping, but it appears I got it (and got charged for it). I'm OK with it considering their servers were probably emitting smoke . . .
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Well, looks like I just lost both of mine.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I would think by now a lot more of these orders would be updated... mine is still sitting at Contact Rep
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Just confirmed cancellation.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Cancelled..... welp, at least that takes one site out of my list of ones to check...

And I would like to add.... the least they owed us in this case was a quick phone call. I placed an order completely legitimately on their site for a product they claimed was in-stock. They didn't even show the order as cancelled... just removed the items from my order and marked it complete... Customer service FTW!!!!!
    Last edited by Scratch59; 08/24/2011 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Update
    Just confirmed cancellation.
    Did they send you an email? Haven't heard anything yet about my order but I also the get the order status: completed. And nothing shows up under my order summery, $0.00. Guess I'm sol
    Palm Pixi - Retired
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightsout565 View Post
    Did they send you an email? Haven't heard anything yet about my order but I also the get the order status: completed. And nothing shows up under my order summery, $0.00. Guess I'm sol
    I called and got right in. They looked up both my orders (which had dropped to $0.00) and said they were cancelled.
    Same here
    Since all our orders that have been confirmed cancelled are coming from TX, I can only guess they're not too happy about RP running for prez. :P
    What ****es me off is some people who ordered 8/23 in the morning got it. While I ordered late 8/22 when they initially changed the price and got screwed.
    Palm Pixi - Retired
    I mentioned that in my previous post....I wonder if some people are just BS'sing...
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    I called and got right in. They looked up both my orders (which had dropped to $0.00) and said they were cancelled.
    Sorry to hear that (and everyone else so far). I ordered mine around 8:30am on 8/23 and mine just says "released" with no updates so I'm not optimistic.

Looks like the only other choice is what I mentioned earlier. Wait outside your local BestBuy for the Friday shipment or hope HP has more for sale. This is exhausting.
    there is a friday shipment for bestbuy?
  16.    #216  
    Well, looks like I just lost both of mine.

Did you get an e-mail or a status change?
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFX View Post
    I mentioned that in my previous post....I wonder if some people are just BS'sing...
    What model did all of you that got canceled order? The 16GB? I ordered the 32gb yesterday morning (8/23) and according to the tracking number they sent to me it is sitting on my porch at home right now. No B.S. unless they mailed me a 4.6lb box of rocks.

Maybe the 16's just oversold?
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bsquarewi View Post
    What model did all of you that got canceled order? The 16GB? I ordered the 32gb yesterday morning (8/23) and according to the tracking number they sent to me it is sitting on my porch at home right now. No B.S. unless they mailed me a 4.6lb box of rocks.

Maybe the 16's just oversold?
    Two orders for two 16GB units each.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I had 1 order for 1 32 gig and 3 16 gigs... I really hope the fact that the 16's were on there didn't get my order cancelled....
    Just talked to a rep about my order.

He said that if you haven't received an email with tracking info yet, that means your order was NOT fulfilled and that within 24 hours all the people who had their orders cancelled will receive an email.

I specifically asked why mine was not filled since I was one of the first to place my order.

He said their policy is that all first time purchases/orders go on a hold until the credit card company verifies the account and that orders were NOT filled based on the order they were place but on when credit card companies verified an account.

I pointed out that it isn't fair to me as a consumer that my order gets pushed further back in the queue because my company takes longer to verify my account than someone who placed an order long after I did.

He didn't really have an answer to that except to say this was an unusual circumstance and they weren't prepared.
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast