Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Last week I purchased a dell laptop for my home. As part of a promotional deal, it came with an Xbox 360 w/ kinect. Since I have no use for it and am not an avid video game player, I posted it for sale on craigslist. I recieved an email asking if I was willing to do an even trade for a brand new touchpad. The guy was lucky enough to pick up a few touchpads at $99 and was selling them on craigslist. So now I have a brand new touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by pk1234 View Post
    post it in “nobody cares” category.
    and post this comment in the "don't be jealous" category

Quote Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
    Last week I purchased a dell laptop for my home. As part of a promotional deal, it came with an Xbox 360 w/ kinect. Since I have no use for it and am not an avid video game player, I posted it for sale on craigslist. I recieved an email asking if I was willing to do an even trade for a brand new touchpad. The guy was lucky enough to pick up a few touchpads at $99 and was selling them on craigslist. So now I have a brand new touchpad
    good on ya, friend. Enjoy...I've enjoyed mine since July 1st and now my wife is sitting next to me enjoying her shiny new 32gig $149 TP.
    LOOOOL, oh man, that was nice.
    I wou'dve kept the Xbox lol, that thing is techincally worth more.
    JeffPom likes this.
    If you want to really impress, come back and tell us when you get a 64gig white one for free.
    Oh, and a Pre3 also.

For free.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    PrinceAlbert and VCI_Cell like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
    congrats, and welcome...
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Messerschmitts View Post
    I wou'dve kept the Xbox lol, that thing is techincally worth more.
    Yeah I realized that, but I had the xbox on line for a few days and nobody was biting. I got the offer to do an even trade so I went for it. I'm a previous owner of a Pre Plus and I love the OS. At the end of the day it was still free even if I use it just to browse the web and mess around with it.

So far it seems to come in handy with keeping the GF quiet. She's been on it since I got it.
    JeffPom likes this.
    Seriously, that's awesome. Way to stumble into a great deal on the TouchPad, and welcome to the community! It's a topsy-turvy, often frustrating ride, but it's seldom boring.
    Pk1234 = Anrgy Bird

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Forgot to add: Don't let the jerkwads who are only here to thread-crap keep you down. We're not all like that.
    OUCH, he got you good!

you could have sold the xbox 360 w/kinect for about $300 on ebay, went and bought a touchpad from one of the many sellers on ebay $130 and still had $170 in your pocket for whatever you choose.

I bet he laughed all the way home at the amazing deal he scored.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Forgot to add: Don't let the jerkwads who are only here to thread-crap keep you down. We're not all like that.
    Ditto that.

Welcome to webOS land! It's a nice, calm, relaxed community...
    I see pandas.
    Titan078 likes this.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fventura03 View Post
    OUCH, he got you good!

you could have sold the xbox 360 w/kinect for about $300 on ebay, went and bought a touchpad from one of the many sellers on ebay $130 and still had $170 in your pocket for whatever you choose.

I bet he laughed all the way home at the amazing deal he scored.
    Im far from hurting for cash, and I wasnt even expecting to get a free Xbox when I bought the laptop. I'm sure I could have gotten $250-$300 if I was patient wait for a buyer, but the truth is, he made it easy for me. Even delivered the touchpad to my home. So at the end of the day, I purchased a laptop that I was going to buy regardless and got a free touchpad with it. Works for me!
    major payne likes this.
    good on you, fair trade imo. You got something you didn't want for free, traded it for something you did want and both of you are happy so congratz and welcome!
    Renderhaus likes this.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bignoze View Post
    You kinda got screwed......
    Agreed.... Man dude... the xbox360 was worth 200-300.00 alone, brand new... the kinect, another 100.00....

Lol....
    And there is hardware and warranty support for the Xbox360...
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    good on you, fair trade imo. You got something you didn't want for free, traded it for something you did want and both of you are happy so congratz and welcome!
    Yeah that's how I see it. The xbox would have sat there until it sold and from what I saw, they're only going for about $250 online since you can get the xbox w/ kinect for $299 + tax pretty much anywhere. $250 isnt going to make or break me and I got a pretty cool device for free with free delivery! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Timing being key, and it is the way they are selling... Free XBox 360 for a TouchPad still = free TouchPad. EDIT: I'm having a heluva time finding one for $99.99 or 149.99.
    Nice, this is a great deal since you cant really get one of this bad boys any more. All this people downing you are really mad since you scored one and they been trying to get one since launch but cant afford it. Now that it dropped to 100 they cant find one.
    Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDCONTRA View Post
    Nice, this is a great deal since you cant really get one of this bad boys any more. All this people downing you are really mad since you scored one and they been trying to get one since launch but cant afford it. Now that it dropped to 100 they cant find one.
    I have two, I'm just saying he could have bought one from the resellers on eBay for a little more then what is offered at the "hard to find" stores... and still had at least $150 dollars for "free" basically, since he got the xbox for free.

HP Touchpad FS 16GB and 32GB

there is a guy selling his for $129, new. he has 10.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast