Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39
Like Tree15Likes
  1. #21  
    Sorry but I have to agree... this is a stupid thread. You didnt get it for free you traded it. BFD. On top of that you traded it for something worth less than what you had. GREAT JOB BUDDY.
  2. deevel79's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
       #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by racingfreak92 View Post
    Sorry but I have to agree... this is a stupid thread. You didnt get it for free you traded it. BFD. On top of that you traded it for something worth less than what you had. GREAT JOB BUDDY.
    If i didnt pick it up for free, then tell me how much I paid for it genius? Free xbox - trade for free TP = free TP
    Last edited by deevel79; 08/22/2011 at 11:19 PM.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by fventura03 View Post
    I have two, I'm just saying he could have bought one from the resellers on eBay for a little more then what is offered at the "hard to find" stores... and still had at least $150 dollars for "free" basically, since he got the xbox for free.

    HP Touchpad FS 16GB and 32GB

    there is a guy selling his for $129, new. he has 10.
    If you split gas, we'll both bunk up and drive to Phoenix.

    I hear it's great this time of the year.

    My point: That particular CL seller is not shipping his and I'm having a hard time finding deals on CL or elsewhere (not that I need, got mine on its way), so at this particular time, you can't really find a deal or even a live TouchPad around.


    //edit: (not directed @fventura03) and the level of hate (especially from n00bs) is disheartening. GTFO!
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
    Last week I purchased a dell laptop for my home. As part of a promotional deal, it came with an Xbox 360 w/ kinect. Since I have no use for it and am not an avid video game player, I posted it for sale on craigslist. I recieved an email asking if I was willing to do an even trade for a brand new touchpad. The guy was lucky enough to pick up a few touchpads at $99 and was selling them on craigslist. So now I have a brand new touchpad
    Dude you got ripped off....$99 dollar Touchpad for a 360/kinect worth at LEAST $300...
  5. deevel79's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
       #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcohengd View Post
    Dude you got ripped off....$99 dollar Touchpad for a 360/kinect worth at LEAST $300...
    Retail is actually $299 for the 4gb Xbox/kinect which is what I had. I checked. Therefore a sale via CL or Ebay will land me $200-$250. At the end of the day, I got a free TP without going thru the hassle of having to find a buyer or trying to track down a TP at either $99 or $149. I still win. Bought a laptop and got a free TP.
    Last edited by deevel79; 08/23/2011 at 07:54 AM.
  6. deevel79's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
       #26  
    Only problem i'm having is finding out how to access the front facing camera. I cant seem to find anything that turns it on.
  7. #27  
    There's a couple of apps in the catalog, a buck or two. Check them out in the Photography section.

    Also Skype Messaging is found in the Messaging App, for video chat.
  8. deevel79's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
       #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    There's a couple of apps in the catalog, a buck or two. Check them out in the Photography section.
    So I have to purchase an app in order to use the camera?
  9. #29  
    for pictures yes, for Skype video chat, no.
  10. pk1234's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
    Only problem i'm having is finding out how to access the front facing camera. I cant seem to find anything that turns it on.
    there is an app called 'camera app' in the app cat. HP didn't include any apps to access the camera.
    Last edited by pk1234; 08/23/2011 at 08:01 AM.
  11. deevel79's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
       #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    for pictures yes, for Skype video chat, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by pk1234 View Post
    there is an app for that in the app cat. HP didn't include any apps to access the camera.
    Thx!
  12. #32  
    On Craigslist prices it is a pretty even trade. Saved you the hassle of selling your xbox/kinect and avoided the mad house that is the firesale(not to mention to nerves of wondering if your order will be cancelled). Good on you, and grats on your new Touchpad.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by wphend00 View Post
    Agreed.... Man dude... the xbox360 was worth 200-300.00 alone, brand new... the kinect, another 100.00....

    Okay, for the last time, because some of you still just don't get it, the "worth" or "value" factor some of you are applying to the xbox is all relative to the user.

    Yes, he could have eBayed the thing for $300. But I have yet to see a buy-it-now price on a TouchPad for less than $250. Those cats out there flipping these TPs aren't stupid.

    If my man wanted a TP more than an xbox, then he didn't loose out on anything at all. He got exactly what he wanted, and unloaded what he didn't want.

    Perhaps it's just the gamers who are calling him out for the trade. While other guys who could care less about gaming (me) are like, "Hey. Sweet deal. I'd have done the same."
  14. deevel79's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
       #34  
    Courtesy of Amazon.com
    Xbox 360 4GB Console with Kinect by Microsoft Xbox 360 $299.99

    How do you guys figure I will get $300 on ebay if Amazon and Bestbuy sell it for $300? I will get between $200-$250.

    Like the poster above me stated.....TP's are going for around $250 on CL and Ebay.

    How did I lose? The madness of trying to grab one on a firesale is not worth the extra $100-$150 I could have pocketed if I were to sell the xbox and try and be lucky enough to purchase a 32g TP at $149.
  15. #35  
    @deevel79

    Please stop saying that time has value.
    I see pandas.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
    Last week I purchased a dell laptop for my home. As part of a promotional deal, it came with an Xbox 360 w/ kinect. Since I have no use for it and am not an avid video game player, I posted it for sale on craigslist. I recieved an email asking if I was willing to do an even trade for a brand new touchpad. The guy was lucky enough to pick up a few touchpads at $99 and was selling them on craigslist. So now I have a brand new touchpad
    Now THAT is the right price!
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by fventura03 View Post
    I have two, I'm just saying he could have bought one from the resellers on eBay for a little more then what is offered at the "hard to find" stores... and still had at least $150 dollars for "free" basically, since he got the xbox for free.

    HP Touchpad FS 16GB and 32GB

    there is a guy selling his for $129, new. he has 10.
    ummm...have you checked ebay lately? those $100+ are starting bids. go to the completed auctions and you'll find that they all ended up at the low $200s. people in craigslists are all asking for the same $200 price. that seems to be the "real" market price for the 16gb version.

    you check the completed listings for those freebie xboxs from dell and they're ending at $250 or there abouts (with free shipping). subtract the ebay/paypal fees plus cost and hassle of having to ship the xbox out....and you're basically breaking even if not down a little.

    i say he ha good and fair trade.
  18. Smubeht's Avatar
    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    #38  
    He got an Xbox valued at $300 for $0.
    He traded the Xbox $0 for a Touchpad $99.
    Touchpad in theory is valued at $499.

    Just because of the firesale does not diminish the value of the item. Maybe its real value is not $499 where it was originally priced, but its > $99 because it is clearly selling out completely at that price point. Xbox is not selling out at $300, but at $99 it probably would. It seems to be a pretty even trade.

    Welcome to the Touchpad owners club. Woo!!
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
    Only problem i'm having is finding out how to access the front facing camera. I cant seem to find anything that turns it on.
    do a skype video call with a friend. it'll come up.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions