Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    Just went to my local best buy to try and get a price match on my 16gb touchpad purchased on July 1st. The manager had no idea what I was talking about and did not do a price match, even had a little attitude. He gave me best buys 800 number and I called up customers relations and got a case number and everything. So tomorrow I will be going back to my best buy and talking to the manager again, hopefully getting that price match. Anyone else have a simular story?
    MacBook PRO 13" 2011 i5
    TouchPad 16GB
    HP Veer on T-Mobile
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I got my match after a bit of stupidity. The girl said they were doing the matches, but the system was down and I said "well we could return it" "No you can't" "Um, your policy regarding it is printed right here" and showed her THEIR sign about it. And she still argued. But ended up with the refund. BestBuy sucks. Especially since they have no real competition anymore.
    SMARTALYK likes this.
    show them this
    BBY - HP TouchPad FAQs - Best Buy: Unboxed

If I previously purchased multiple HP TouchPads after June 19, 2011 can I receive a price match on each?

Yes. Each individual unit purchased after June 19, 2011 is eligible for a price match.
    Bought my touchpad at midnight, union square launch party, day 1, hour 0.

just went to best buy tonight, got my $450 adjustment, toke minutes. Fantastic.

happy with my 32 gb $149 day one touchpad. Awesome.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Print out the page or copy the link Ryan posted. roll up your sleeves, and go back there...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    Thank you so much for this link. Tomorrow evening after work I will march back there again with that faq page printed out and if I still won't get anywhere I will demand the store manager makes a call to customer relations. I am not leaving the store without my price match. Thanks everyone!
    MacBook PRO 13" 2011 i5
    TouchPad 16GB
    HP Veer on T-Mobile
    I just returned from a successful price match at my local Best Buy.

They initially didn't know how to do it/what they were doing, and even tried to refuse once because I was outside the time period of the return policy. Thankfully, I had this page from BestBuy.com open on my Windows Phone, and showed it to them. It clearly states:

Customers who purchased the 16GB or 32GB TouchPad after June 19 may come into the store to get either a full refund or a refund of the difference between the price they paid and the clearance price.
    They called over a manager and figured out how to do it. Now I'm $470+ richer.

So print out that page as well and bring it with you. Be polite, but firm. They can't really say no.

EDIT:

Forgot to add that I'd already sent in my TouchPad's UPC label and original receipts to HP for the $50 rebate. Thankfully, they were able to look up my receipt at BestBuy with my phone number. So those of you on the fence about trying a price match because you're missing your UPC or original receipts - don't be.
    They first said they knew nothing about it. I said to recheck because it had been announced Saturday real late. She checked the computer and said "may I have your receipt please". They had just opened Sunday and she said I qualified for a "cash" refund for the difference but then did not have that much in the cash drawer. We settled on a best buy card with wriitten note that I could cash it in if I wanted to later.
    I used it to buy a wireless keyboard and touchstone charging dock. Would have bought a touchpad for my wife but they were out. Gave wife the rest of the card($294.00) to go toward whatever "___ Pad" she wanted.

They would have already been sold out of the keyboard and charging dock but they had boxed them up to ship back and had forgot about them until I asked.
    i didnt have a single issue with the price match
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    are you in Canada? If so i'm having the same damn problem

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...n-returns.html
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    After reminding them that they were now accepting price matches and showing them the post on their website they put an exception in the system and gave me a price match. I've heard BB in Canada hasn't been budging however.
    WebOS Devices: Palm Pre-, HP Touchpad
    Android: HTC G1, HTC Evo 4G
    I had to wait while the girl called a manager to figure it out, despite the fact that I had a sheet that her store had given me on Sat advising that her store would price match....

best part: she had to prorate my buy back plan (which no longer had any value)! She took a dollar off for the 7 weeks I have had the 7/1 TP.

I'm convinced they hire knuckleheads on purpose at BBY, and if you show some brains, they send you over to geek squad.
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by popologuy View Post
    I had to wait while the girl called a manager to figure it out, despite the fact that I had a sheet that her store had given me on Sat advising that her store would price match....

best part: she had to prorate my buy back plan (which no longer had any value)! She took a dollar off for the 7 weeks I have had the 7/1 TP.

I'm convinced they hire knuckleheads on purpose at BBY, and if you show some brains, they send you over to geek squad.
    It's retail, the communication from managers to employees is poor and the employees don't give a damn anyway because...it's retail.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by popologuy View Post

As a former employee who hears this type of comment often I'd like to say that even intelligent people end up working retail sometimes through no fault of their own.
    Most of the employees you're dealing with from day to day at Best Buy have no power at all other than the ability to run the register.
    Also keep in mind that their getting paid next to nothing and don't want to put forth much effort as a result.

I've often said in order to graduate high school students should have to work retail for a couple weeks to see what it's like.
    Walk a mile in their shoes before you judge them.
    ka1 and fredd0 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by prim8 View Post
    Also keep in mind that their getting paid next to nothing and don't want to put forth much effort as a result.
    This is the part that I totally don't understand or agree with. If you don't think your paid appropriately, then don't take the job. But a job is a job and the only way to do it, is do it right. Atleast that's how it used to be before this change in thought that has come in over the last decade or so. Has anyone wondered why the US economy is in the state that it is in?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    This is the part that I totally don't understand or agree with. If you don't think your paid appropriately, then don't take the job. But a job is a job and the only way to do it, is do it right. Atleast that's how it used to be before this change in thought that has come in over the last decade or so. Has anyone wondered why the US economy is in the state that it is in?
    Retail kills peoples spirit.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Because some people don't have the option to pick and choose what job they get. They need money to eat and pay rent so they get what job they can.
    Like I said, try working at Best Buy for a couple weeks if you can even get a job there. Unless you get the right store and right management it's miserable work.
    Anyway the problem at the root of this thread is a lack of communication from corporate to store management to the people at customer service.
    I wouldn't put it past some store managers to refuse to do the match hoping you go to another store so that it doesn't hit their numbers.
    Yes, even though it's from corporate every price match subtracts money from the revenue for the day in the computer department and even though everyone knows the reason why it's happening the employees still get to hear an earful about it because they didn't sell enough computers or routers or whatever to offset it.
    id go back and ask the customer service desk for a manager.

I was in yesterday and they were more than willing to help me out.

If anythong, refrence the post best buy had made on the original date of the fire sale.
    I also have an issue when I tried to get price match. Manager said it was only good for purchases after July 19th. So I called customer relations and they told me I could get price match on my Touchpad that I got on July 1. Went back and talked to another employee at BB and he did it. Plus I noticed memo's printed out all over store mentioning price match terms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayasinskiy View Post
    Just went to my local best buy to try and get a price match on my 16gb touchpad purchased on July 1st. The manager had no idea what I was talking about and did not do a price match, even had a little attitude. He gave me best buys 800 number and I called up customers relations and got a case number and everything. So tomorrow I will be going back to my best buy and talking to the manager again, hopefully getting that price match. Anyone else have a simular story?
    Print out the document with the FAQs that specifically addresses that situation.

Best Buy HP TouchPad Tablet with 16GB Memory - Black : Questions, Answers, How To, FAQs, Tips, Advice, Answers, Buying Guide

HP TOUCHPAD CLEARANCE AND RETURN POLICY Due to HP's decision to discontinue its TouchPad product, Best Buy® will now provide clearance pricing for all TouchPad 16GB and 32GB models (SKUs 2842056, 2842092) regardless of previously advertised prices or promotions. Best Buy will not accept customer returns or exchanges on clearance-priced TouchPads bought through any Best Buy channel. Customers purchasing a TouchPad at clearance pricing will have a 1-year manufacturer's warranty, fulfilled directly through HP, not Best Buy. Customers who purchased the 16GB or 32GB TouchPad after June 19 may come into the store to get either a full refund or a refund of the difference between the price they paid and the clearance price. Quantities are strictly limited. Limit 1 per customer. Best Buy cannot guarantee availability of inventory at this pricing at any particular Best Buy location or channel.
    If you type PreCentral on a TouchPad
    It changes to PreMenstrual
    That situation needs to be fixed!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast