• 2 Post By untitled
  • 2 Post By ashykat
  • 2 Post By C-Note
  • 4 Post By C-Note
  • 3 Post By Rockbeast
  • 1 Post By revtime
  1.    #1  
    Deleted!
    Last edited by josvac; 08/25/2011 at 06:43 PM.
    Pull out your checkbooks. The cost of government is going up.
    That sounds kinda shady.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    SMARTALYK and Premium1 like this.
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    Yeah... You got a good deal no doubt but it was at that lady's expense. I'm sure she didn't realize what happened. Good for you for getting a TP but I don't think my conscience would allow me to do the same.
    SMARTALYK and Premium1 like this.
    I know the lady had them listed on Craigslist. .. but I would guess she didn't know about the price matching. So, I wouldn't brag about beating her out of 132 dollars.. but that's just me.
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    Premium1 and SMARTALYK like this.
  5.    #5  
    Best Buy offered to price match so I just took advantage of the opportunity. The lady also said Best Buy wouldn't take it back that's why she was selling it. Nothing shady at all.
  6.    #6  
    I also read about the Best Buy price match after I bought it from her on this forum. She seemed excited to get rid of it too.
    Based on your signature, I guess if the government pulls a slick one on us, it's wrong, but if we pull a slick one on someone else it's OK?
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    Quote Originally Posted by josvac View Post
    I also read about the Best Buy price match after I bought it from her on this forum. She seemed excited to get rid of it too.
    Obviously you can do what you want. But sometimes, what we want isn't the right thing to do.

Here's a suggestion, keep the kit, but give the savings to the lady. You get the whole package for free, she recovers more of what she lost. If you feel you earned at least the money for gas to drive to best buy and back, ok...deduct the $10.

Come on, it is a better choice. You still got the whole set up for free.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

TheSpike, josvac1 and Premium1 like this.
    The US HP Home and Home Office store will be getting more, but it is unknown how many or when. You can register to be notified at: HP webOS - High connectivity, stability and security | HP® Official Site | U.S.. They've been having problems with the registration process all day due to the amount of traffic on this page.
    Dan Donovan
  10.    #10  
    I didn't pull anything on anyone. I purchased the items fair and square with no bad intentions. If anything I may have pulled one over on Best Buy by getting the price match. But they were offering it to everyone and I'm sure HP is compensating them accordingly. As for the Gov, they pull many over on us every single day. Because we allow them to!
  11.    #11  
    Rockbeast, I like your idea! What go's around, comes around and maybe someday it might come around and bite me in the ***.
    Quote Originally Posted by josvac View Post
    Rockbeast, I like your idea! What go's around, comes around and maybe someday it might come around and bite me in the ***.
    Cool...I mean the liking part...not the biting...ouch!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

I'm with Rockbeast. You profited from her expense and had the nerve to gloat about it on a public forum. Not cool at all.

In good conciousness, you should give the lady what you got back from Best Buy. If not, I seriously hope it does bite you in the *** and a hard one at that. Gloating about getting money that someone else spent is not right. Very sad indeed.
    This is something to brag about more on SlickDeals. Karma is a beyotch, keep an eye out for her.
    Is your name Earl?
    Rockbeast likes this.
    In property law class years ago we studied a similar situation. Someone is selling some real estate. Unbeknownst to the owner, there is gold/oil/something valuable contained in the property. The buyer knows this, but doesn't disclose it to the owner.

Our property laws protect the buyer - saying it is up to the owner to educate himself. However, if it was the owner who sold property pretending it had gold/oil/something valuable in it, but knew that it didn't, it is a crime. The reason is that we theorize that the buyer has some special talent to unlock that value, while the owner's only talent was lying.

What he did was perfectly legal. But what is legal is rarely what is ethical.

Just think how you would feel if you were the lady and were reading your post. Now think how you would feel if you were her, and the guy who posted that came back with a cash refund.