1.    #1  
    Does it make anyone else sad that HPs other tablet, the HP Slate, has had (and continues to have) a much longer lifecycle than the Touchpad?

With all the talk of WebOS, the Think Small Think Big Think Beyond hooplah, the marketing dollar, and the utter disconfidence in the Slate even by HP themselves, I am shocked the slate has lasted as long as it has and at that RIDICULOUS price point of $800.

I understand that the slate is being marketed to businesses whole the touchpad is being marketed to consumers but at the forefront of this whole Touchpad disaster it's shocking. And even worse deep down inside it even hurts a little.
    I've never even seen a slate, and I sell computers for a living. But one definitely has to appreciate the irony.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcohengd View Post
    Does it make anyone else sad that HPs other tablet, the HP Slate, has had (and continues to have) a much longer lifecycle than the Touchpad?
    ^^^ Microsoft....
    oops 8/23
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    I think it comes down to this-- HP was already in a position where they were watching margins get smaller and smaller on PCs.

Tablets and smartphones were a chance to put out devices where they could make a larger margin. So they bet heavy on it, and lost. The thing didn't sell when it had high margins, and sold poorly when it had small margins.

So it's not so much that the Slate was given more time to succeed, it's that the TP came at a point when they were ready to pull the plug anyway.