1.    #1  
    I purchased my TouchPad at 12:36 AM on 1 July 2011. Yes, I was one of those idiots that ran to WalMart in the middle of the night just to be that ****** that waits in line for a chance to be one of THE FIRST to get a tech gadget. Well, there was no line, and I was quite possibly THE FIRST in the Beaufort SC area to get a TouchPad. You can only imagine my frustration in not receiving the $50 promo code as of now.

I've jumped through the hoops of sending in my info, device #, etc via fax to a 480 area code and never received the promised call back. This evening, I launched Live Chat on the TouchPad and spoke with Sharon (her English was the best yet).

She asked me to supply the info as mentioned in the last paragraph and I informed her I had already faxed it in. She went to check to ensure my fax was received and it was. That is when she informed me that there was a problem with issuing codes to some people. She didn't detail the glitch, but did say I would receive the code (hopefully soon) and that I should get an email.

Well, I got my email, but it didn't contain my promo code. Here is the text.

Dear Customer,

You are already on the list of people who will be receiving the promo email messages. Unfortunately, we do not have any information about when exactly an email will be sent to you.

You will receive the promo code email soon.

Regards,
    HP webOS Customer support.

Please donot reply to this email.
    I've also attached a screenshot of the email from my TouchPad (with my address blurred).

The message is incredibly vague, gives no reason as to what the problems could be, and is just enough for me to not scream out in frustration. Given HP's current problems I should be happy I got any communication at all. I'll take that for now.

If you feel you should have gotten a promo code but have not, launch live chat and let them know. They'll give you the instructions on what to send in. There are free web fax services out there, use them if you don't have a fax machine. Give HP a couple of days and if you don't have your promo code, launch live chat again and let them know you've already sent in the info requested (YOU WILL NEED PROOF OF PURCHASE). They'll check and then update your database entry. You should then get the same email I did.

I would like to thank HardBeatZ for offering his time to help people out. He's swamped folks, so cut him some slack if you've contacted him already and he hasn't responded. He's working my issue from his end as well and I'm sure he'll do everything in his power to take care of us all.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I wonder if I should even bother right now, considering everything's still in shambles after all the fire sale business. lol
  3.    #3  
    I would get it taken care of now just in case they decide to put in some sort of cut off.
    Quote Originally Posted by artitumis View Post
    I purchased my TouchPad at 12:36 AM on 1 July 2011. Yes, I was one of those idiots that ran to WalMart in the middle of the night just to be that ****** that waits in line for a chance to be one of THE FIRST to get a tech gadget. Well, there was no line, and I was quite possibly THE FIRST in the Beaufort SC area to get a TouchPad. You can only imagine my frustration in not receiving the $50 promo code as of now.

I've jumped through the hoops of sending in my info, device #, etc via fax to a 480 area code and never received the promised call back. This evening, I launched Live Chat on the TouchPad and spoke with Sharon (her English was the best yet).
    I did the same thing you did. Went to WalMart on the 1st of July.

I just got finished with the Live Chat on the TouchPad. Boy what an ordeal.

They tried everything to NOT help me.

-They asked if I did get my confirmation email. I said no email received.
    -They asked where did I purchase the TP. I said WalMart.
    -They asked did I contact WalMart. I said WalMart has nothing to do with this promo code deal. I then gave them the HP Blog link.
    -They asked if I checked my palm profile page. I said yes and the promo code is not showing anywhere on the page.
    -Now they ask for my TP SN. I give that to them.
    -Now they send me a link to the early adopter $50 rebate form to fill out. I tell them this does not have anything to do with the promo code and I have already filled that out and sent it in (BTW I have not gotten a check yet).
    -Now they finally ask for my info on the TP and to fax the receipt to 408-547-0340. I give them the info and fax them the receipt.
    -They now will give this to their superior so they will work on the issue.

I get the Chat session ID from them for tracking this case.

I guess I will wait for a call back with what they are going to do next.
  5.    #5  
    Don't expect a call back. I've used live chat many times about this and gave them my number as well as fax it. They'll just give you the promo code once they get the issue fixed.