Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes
  1.    #1  
    I just want you to all know about a patch that I created for your multiple Touchpads called:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...moothness.html

It makes the whole touchpad experience much better.

I however, do not own a touchpad and was unable to get a single one this weekend.

Enjoy your multiple touchpads you ********.
    I feel your pain. Brutal. Not entirely the buyers fault. Why didn't HP offer: developers, HomeBrew, early adopters first bids? Hope you find one at a reasonable price.
    Typo Lad likes this.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    +1 to op last statement.
    Ahhh. I was expecting the link to lead to a picture along the lines of goatse. Bravo to you, good sir! You took the high road!
    smackead likes this.
    I was wondering myself why HP couldn't have at least offered them up firsthand to WebOS faithful. But my guess is that they wanted to put WebOS in new hands to see if it's actually worth pursuing as a platform.

Then again, us WebOS fans are used to being kicked in the teeth. This is by far the most abusive relationship I've had with a piece of technology.
    --------------------------------
    Love hate since launch day.
    Centrico likes this.
    Post of the year. Maybe one will turn up that you can buy? I hope so.
    Perhaps if all those folks who so badly wanted a TP at $99, had bought one at launch maybe the TP would have a future.

I get the frustration at not getting in on the deal, but no one did not have a chance to get one.

And does HP really owe it to WebOS "faithful" when those faithful didn't even buy the company's new tablet?
    Bryan_ likes this.
    hey... 10 + touchpads on ebay = > $1k in profit!!
    sadly, people on ebay are biting
    Hey OP! I ordered two from HP and have not had my order confirmed. I have a third 16GB from Barns-a-Noble on the way. If I get my two 32gb from HP ill sell you the 16GB for $99 plus shipping.

Ill PM you if I get my two 32GBs.
    I'm an August 2009 user. I got 3 one for me, one for my girlfriend, and one for my brother.

I also donated to WebOS internals, because they are awesome.

I'm super excited to finally receive another WebOS device. I know it's limitations, and I don't expect any added features, so I should be happy Sorry to all the webos faithful that haven't found one yet!
    11B1P likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayhawkOne View Post
    I'm an August 2009 user. I got 3 one for me, one for my girlfriend, and one for my brother.

I also donated to WebOS internals, because they are awesome.

I'm super excited to finally receive another WebOS device. I know it's limitations, and I don't expect any added features, so I should be happy Sorry to all the webos faithful that haven't found one yet!
    At least your not this guy!

HP TouchPad 32GB, Wi-Fi, 9.7in | eBay
    Sams Club had some 16gb at 6pm 8/22 limit 2
    he speaks truth hope they can't sell them on ebay and lose all there money on them.btw great patch keep all the great work
    I purchased multiple Touchpads as well this weekend from various on-line and local sources but it was to spread the WebOS love among my family, namely my parents, my brother and my wife and kids. You won't see any of my Touchpad purchases for sale on Ebay and is not why I bought them.

My original 32GB Touchpad was purchased on 7/1 from HP at full price and as much as I would have liked to have bought multiples then the funds were just not available. My wife and I still use our Pre- phones on Sprint and I've supported webos-internals for 2-3 years now.

There will be more available as HP gets them back from the various retailers that are returning their stock. The Ebay greed is a bit excessive and it's a shame that HP brought that on by their decision to stop making the devices.

Best of Luck and here's hoping that the Ebay Touchpad sales dry up and those folks are forced to have their own fire sale!!
    Some posters here don't seem to get that some launch day TP buyers--myself included-- RETURNED THEIR DEVICE in all the confusion wrought by HP, only to find hours later that they could/should have kept it. Believe me, that sucks.
    that's the price of another touchpad.... sorry no dice

oh yeah, you also need to add shipping (which minimum is 12 bucks)
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I bought one on day 4 full price and the second on amazon yesterday...could have bought more but didn't and don't feel any guilt. If I sell #2 it will be at cost.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    Perhaps if all those folks who so badly wanted a TP at $99, had bought one at launch maybe the TP would have a future.

I get the frustration at not getting in on the deal, but no one did not have a chance to get one.

And does HP really owe it to WebOS "faithful" when those faithful didn't even buy the company's new tablet?
    I do feel bad for those of you who are longtime faithful, and I definitely understand anger at those who are just snapping up a ton to resell. I am a new user. I have been interested I webOS, having heard some great things, and I picked up a firesale 32 GB model, and I'm loving it so far.

Yes, it would be nice for WebOS if everyone who bought one in this sale had purchased it at full price...but I would not have purchased it at full price...of course,would not have purchased ANY tablet at $400+. I've had an interest in getting a tablet, but could never justify the price. This sale made it very easy to justify the price. If I had a spare, I'd selling to someone here, but I only purchased one...for me to use.
    11B1P and MercuryCrest like this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast