Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree57Likes
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    I bought 3 at best buy full price the day before the craziness got unleashed, thinking best buy would price match.

Then... best buy says they won't price match since its a clearance item. So I place an order with onSale for 3 touchpads for the family and will just return the best buy ones.

Finally... best buy says they WILL price match. So now I am hoping for a cancellation of my onSale order so that the OP has a better chance of getting his/hers.

<<mod delete>>
    Yeah I hate it when you accidentally get 6 touchpads

Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    I'd gladly try to help out any Preware developer. Nice patch, rmausser. Thanks for creating it!

Quote Originally Posted by SnipeUout View Post
    At least your not this guy!

HP TouchPad 32GB, Wi-Fi, 9.7in | eBay

LOL - he advertises "no reserve", however, the opening bid has to be greater than $300.
    War Eagle!
    I purchased 2, one for me and the wife. Then on Saturday got thinking about how use full they are and what a great deal it was and ordered 6 more from the SMB site. I will be GIVING one to my mom, my mother-in-law, my sister (they gave me their old van) my brother that works for HP and missed out ( he loaned me money for no interest one time so I owe him big) and will sell the others to my 2 brothers at cost. Now we can all keep in touch with Skype video calling and grandma and grandpa can see their grand kids that are spread throughout the country.

Am I still a *******?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bockscar View Post
    I purchased 2, one for me and the wife. Then on Saturday got thinking about how use full they are and what a great deal it was and ordered 6 more from the SMB site. I will be GIVING one to my mom, my mother-in-law, my sister (they gave me their old van) my brother that works for HP and missed out ( he loaned me money for no interest one time so I owe him big) and will sell the others to my 2 brothers at cost. Now we can all keep in touch with Skype video calling and grandma and grandpa can see their grand kids that are spread throughout the country.

Am I still a *******?
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by sed51329 View Post
    Yes.
    ok, just checking
    ok, just checking
    I just want one.
    I just want one.
    I'll keep you in mind if HP treats their employees right and my bro gets any from the second wave. He works in the enterprise section that they are focusing on but he says it is still pretty shook up there right now!
    I'll keep you in mind if HP treats their employees right and my bro gets any from the second wave. He works in the enterprise section that they are focusing on but he says it is still pretty shook up there right now!
    I'd love one, and appreciate it, but I think this WebOS developer deserves one more. If he isn't interested, then I'll gladly accept the offer if it's made.
  9.    #49  
    Thanks for the well wishes and kind words everyone.

It really shows how good this community is.

Several people have already offered me Touchpads, at cost, plus shipping.

Thanks and I promise as soon as I get one on my hands, I will make plenty more patches for everyone.

I just made the last one in the dark by getting someone to send me the values of the configuration file for the touchpad and then sent it back to him to test.

I did it because I really wanted WebOS and the Touchpad to take off after hearing the bad reviews of the lagginess.

I was hoping to fix the issue, and I will continue to make patches that will speed up and improve the device until the day WebOS dies.

Thanks again.

*EDIT*

and to everyone saying "why didnt you buy a touchpad when it came out?"

I am a freelance Web Developer and work has dried up recently and I could not afford rent, let alone a $500 device. So there...
    Last edited by rmausser; 08/24/2011 at 02:07 PM.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Yes.
    Concur'd
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Can we make a private thread that you can only get access to if you have over 100 posts?

And only share information about in stock Touchpads there?

any mods willing to do this?
    I suggest 1000 posts....
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Thanks for the well wishes and kind words everyone.

It really shows how good this community is.

Several people have already offered me Touchpads, at cost, plus shipping.

Thanks and I promise as soon as I get one on my hands, I will make plenty more patches for everyone.
    Thanks for your dedication to the platform. WebOS has always been a different kind of community, and it definitely shows here.
    If HP really still cares about the future of the WebOS platform they should have made sure that first developers and then users with an existing Synergy profile got priority through their own channel. They could have left it at full price on HP.com and sent out discount offers directly.

This would have both supported the community that has supported them, and saved them a lot of embarrassment from a cratered web site.

For those who have a genuine interest in trying out WebOS, welcome. You've discovered the best kept secret in mobile devices. You may want to get a PreX or Veer while you can.

For those who just want to profiteer or convert their Touchpad to some other OS, I hope you fail. I certainly won't support your efforts.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123