Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    Perhaps if all those folks who so badly wanted a TP at $99, had bought one at launch maybe the TP would have a future
    Unlikely. Leo looks like he wants nothing to do with hardware and wants to move HP toward the software business model. The TP sales were helpful for him to pin the rap on hardware as HP's problem and move away from hardware, but that decision was made long before the TP was sold.

CEO's don't make a plan that drastic within a few weeks and announce it. It's been brewing a while in his mind.
    TechFan#WN likes this.
    sam's club completely sold out...
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by SnipeUout View Post
    Hey OP! I ordered two from HP and have not had my order confirmed. I have a third 16GB from Barns-a-Noble on the way. If I get my two 32gb from HP ill sell you the 16GB for $99 plus shipping.

Ill PM you if I get my two 32GBs.
    that is very gracious of you sir!

Thanks!

I have an american address you could send it to and I will pay for shipping.

And see if I can get you some free healthcare in return.

Ill let you know if I snag one online.
  4.    #24  
    I cant even do some of these sites (neobits )if I wanted, they wont let me put a Canadian Credit Card as I cant put my Canadian billing address, even though I have an american address to ship to.

FML.
    Perhaps if all those folks who so badly wanted a TP at $99, had bought one at launch maybe the TP would have a future.

I get the frustration at not getting in on the deal, but no one did not have a chance to get one.

And does HP really owe it to WebOS "faithful" when those faithful didn't even buy the company's new tablet?
    I think I answered you in another thread, but I'll say it again: MANY OF US DID BUY A TP ON LAUNCH DAY, BUT NO LONGER HAVE THEM BECAUSE WE RETURNED THEM IN ALL THE CONFUSION AND CANNOT FIND ANOTHER ONE,

And many of us were webOS supporters long before the TP even existed.
    un_designer likes this.
    I think the only thing worse than us WebOS faithful who did not get a clearance priced TouchPad is one of the WebOS faithful who bought one at full price and returned it, only to watch it plummet in retail price and then be unable to get another one. That really sucks and I feel for you guys.
    un_designer and TheSpike like this.
    ahhh, the beauty of human greed...
  8.    #28  
    Can we make a private thread that you can only get access to if you have over 100 posts?

And only share information about in stock Touchpads there?

any mods willing to do this?
    I purchased 2, one for me, one for wife, not a reseller here.
    11B1P likes this.
    sigh..cannot even snag a single piece anywhere.....we can only hope HP has tons of these all over...and then suddenly they realize that hey we can create a market..which drives demand ..
    just because we love webOS doesn't mean we could afford launch day pricing...I had to choose between a pre2 to replace my pre- before I could by a TP...now I might be screwed
    Perhaps if all those folks who so badly wanted a TP at $99, had bought one at launch maybe the TP would have a future.

I get the frustration at not getting in on the deal, but no one did not have a chance to get one.

And does HP really owe it to WebOS "faithful" when those faithful didn't even buy the company's new tablet?
    Sukiyaki and 11B1P like this.
    Wonder if this phenomenon existed to this extent prior to ebay or craigslist? I bought an extra just to have a backup. I look around my house, and if it's something I can't live with in case it broke, I'll have to get a backup...guess it's something I learned from the Navy.

I bought my first TP when they initially dropped the price $100.00 and would have even been more excited about getting one @ Staples for $200.00 off. Alas, no staples in Alaska. But when HP made the announcement that they were discontinuing the TP, I started to worry about keeping it. Then after reading people running to return units to the store, I started to worry more but I think by Thursday I made my decision to keep it. TP was that good, and who knows if a licensee would ever pick webOS up. Luckily, as the days went by, I was able to get a price match.

I feel for the people who returned theirs and now can't find a replacement. Hopefully the ebayers won't be able to sell their units and have to sell at cost. But for some sweet justice, I hope some loose their shirts.
    Last edited by Bacstar; 08/24/2011 at 03:03 AM.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    According to HP's site past few days they've had the "out of stock" sign on the Touchpads, now they've changed it to "Coming Soon". So keep checking, if you're quick you can get one.

I can't really blame all the ebay folks, i mean some of them started auction at selling price but people just kept bidding and paying what they wanted which in turn doubled the sell amount. Supply and demand, simple as that.

I bought 4 for family and myself, no reselling here. I see great potential in these.
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Some posters here don't seem to get that some launch day TP buyers--myself included-- RETURNED THEIR DEVICE in all the confusion wrought by HP, only to find hours later that they could/should have kept it. Believe me, that sucks.
    THIS
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    I bought 3 at best buy full price the day before the craziness got unleashed, thinking best buy would price match.

Then... best buy says they won't price match since its a clearance item. So I place an order with onSale for 3 touchpads for the family and will just return the best buy ones.

Finally... best buy says they WILL price match. So now I am hoping for a cancellation of my onSale order so that the OP has a better chance of getting his/hers.

<<mod delete>>
    Last edited by bevcraw; 08/24/2011 at 09:31 AM. Reason: language
    Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    I bought 3 at best buy full price the day before the craziness got unleashed, thinking best buy would price match.

Then... best buy says they won't price match since its a clearance item. So I place an order with onSale for 3 touchpads for the family and will just return the best buy ones.

Finally... best buy says they WILL price match. So now I am hoping for a cancellation of my onSale order so that the OP has a better chance of getting his/hers.

<<mod delete>>
    Wow... I hate when everything goes wrong like this.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 08/24/2011 at 09:31 AM. Reason: language in quoted text
    Being a Original pre owner I was waiting for the Touchpad 2 before paying full price for one.

In the fuss that followed I bought a 32g for myself, while I saw people in Staples (UK) buying more than one (grrrh). I said to them, I hope they don't end up on ebay!

I was annoyed that the staff let them buy them (should have been one per person) AND they only let them on sale when the staff had bought 20 of 25!

Checked PCworld locally and they were sold out as the staff had bought them.

I bet most of those staff had never heard of webos! (grrh)

What a shambles!
    HP employees didn't even get a heads up on the fire sale. I found out about it like everyone else, through the internets. That said, I do feel that HP's demo deal for devs was a little comical and Microsoft is trying to take advantage of that with their newest offer of free equipment and support for devs making the switch. If HP was really interested in making a serious run with webOS hardware they would have actively courted the widest range of devs possible including the fabulous homebrew devs. These are the devs who really make webOS tick.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I personally want 3 of them. One for myself, one for my brother, and one for my mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post

<<mod delete>>
    If you have the money, why don't you take all 6 then resell the 3 onSale ones to members of this forum at the firesale price? I think it'd be a nice gesture.

PS. I already have a TP, so I'm not asking for myself :P
    Last edited by bevcraw; 08/24/2011 at 09:34 AM. Reason: language in quoted text
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast