1.    #1  
    Hi all,
    Took advantage of the firesale, got a 16GB. Quick question, can you successfully pair the pixi using bluetooth to the touchpad? Im asking about phone calls, sims, and most importantly internet. I have freetether and use it all the time via USB but I need to know if it will work via bluetooth while also accepting calls?

Oh also, will Google Voice (talk) *that free phone through gmail....will that work on the touchpad as long as you have a wireless connection?
    I don't think so but I would love to do the same. I used to freetether my Pixi to my Bluetooth laptop all the time. If you have WiFi I believe it will work, so need a pre or a Pixi plus
  3.    #3  
    Thanks....anyone else have any idea?
    I dont want to have to buy a used pixi plus to convert it or a pre-
    I tested this with my wife's Pixi. I was able to receive calls (super cool btw) but wasn't able to make any. As far as tethering, I just use the mobile hotspot feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedspoooon View Post
    I tested this with my wife's Pixi. I was able to receive calls (super cool btw) but wasn't able to make any. As far as tethering, I just use the mobile hotspot feature.
    how about SMS? are you able to send/receive on the touchpad? this will be the deciding factor if I get a Pixi or not.
    Global Posts
    504 Global Posts
    I can pair them, but can't get freeTether to work. Pity. I used to have a Pre (long story) and it worked great on that using wi-fi. Has anyone tried USB yet?
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Quote Originally Posted by fventura03 View Post
    how about SMS? are you able to send/receive on the touchpad? this will be the deciding factor if I get a Pixi or not.
    If someone else doesn't do it first, I'll test tomorrow after work. :-)
    SMS will not work with the Pixi

webOS 2.2 only.
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    SMS will not work with the Pixi

webOS 2.2 only.
    which one has 2.2?

I was thinking of getting a Pixi Plus if I can respond to sms/mms from the tablet.
    Pre 3 has 2.2.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    LOL, don't get a Pixi Plus. I don't know if it's the kernel I'm using now or a random patch or something, but now I can't receive calls through the Pixi. What's interesting is that, when I try dialing, the dialer app on the Pixi launches, but I get a prompt on the TouchPad telling me that I don't have enough Skype credits to complete the call.

Definitely no SMS.
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedspoooon View Post
    LOL, don't get a Pixi Plus. I don't know if it's the kernel I'm using now or a random patch or something, but now I can't receive calls through the Pixi. What's interesting is that, when I try dialing, the dialer app on the Pixi launches, but I get a prompt on the TouchPad telling me that I don't have enough Skype credits to complete the call.

Definitely no SMS.
    oh ok, nevermind then .
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmithjr42089 View Post
    Thanks....anyone else have any idea?
    I dont want to have to buy a used pixi plus to convert it or a pre-
    You can add wifi to your pixi from a Verizon pixi+ .
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
    I am able to make and receive calls from my touchpad via the Bluetooth connection on my Pixi. You cannot direct sms from a Pixi to the touchpad. You can use Google Voice on the touchpad for sms from the web and I think there is an app too.
    Well, did some more testing.

Can take calls using warthog and uberkernal, no dice with f15c. No dialing out or sms with any of them. At least you get free mobile hotspot with the Pixi plus.
    I wonder if the freetether guys might come up with a BT PAN patch for he TP.
    Would pay for this actually.