1.    #1  
    Hi,
    In the rush to find one of these Touchpads I followed a link to microcenter.com

That purchase is pending according to my bank account, but I have no confirmation email and their website is now down (granted, even the HP website is having a hard time with their purchase center). Anyone know if microcenter is going to keep their end of the bargain or refund?

*EDIT* I got through to Microcenter and they will refund if they don't have enough in stock.
    microcenter will not scam you, they are a well known company.
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    MicroCenter was an official launchday partner, so I wouldn't worry about being scammed. I also bought one and have not yet received a confirmation email. I've read of others being in the same position, so I'm guessing they were just overwhelmed and haven't had time to process everything. We'll see if I get a confirmation, a cancellation, or both!
    I spoke with someone in Microcenter IT yesterday. They had a glitch in their system that caused them to still show stock after it had run out. They began sending order cancellation emails yesterday afternoon.
    Bought at MicroCenter.com and got confirmation-mail (with shipping date in it) some minutes after. Am I on the secure side or should I now be afraid of a cancellation-mail?
    Quote Originally Posted by john-vogel View Post
    Bought at MicroCenter.com and got confirmation-mail (with shipping date in it) some minutes after. Am I on the secure side or should I now be afraid of a cancellation-mail?
    I think it depends on when you put your order in. I ordered one yesterday morning at about 10:30 cdt. I got a cancellation notice yesterday evening.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I think it depends on when you put your order in. I ordered one yesterday morning at about 10:30 cdt. I got a cancellation notice yesterday evening.
    Did they send you a confirmation?
    Quote Originally Posted by john-vogel View Post
    Did they send you a confirmation?
    No, I never got a confirmation email.
    A tweet from @BrynaAtHP (Bryna Corcoran):

Guys, if you are seeing hptouchpadsale.com - IT IS FAKE!! Do not buy from there. It is not associated with HP at all. PLS RT.
    Dan Donovan
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    How very sad that people would do this.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    Haha, it looks like an 'official' site! It says "Sold out" but it lets you click the purchase button.

It doesn't go through, though. I bet you a dime PayPal froze his assets for investigation
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    I wanted to make a site that had a countdown timer for 12 hours saying "Congrats! You can buy a TouchPad for $99. As long as you don't leave this page for 12 hours, a unit will be allocated for your purchase! Don't leave, because remember, supplies are genuinely limited!"

at the end of the 12 hour time nothing happens

It wouldn't be a fraud site, right? More of a troll site