1.    #1  
    Placed an order at Zones.com for 2 32GB TP. Just checked the order status (was finally able to get back in) and it lists it as backordered.

I'm a saaaddd Panda.
    Last edited by CannonFodder; 08/26/2011 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Updated title
  2.    #2  
    I decided to just let the order sit there instead of cancelling in the hopes that they would get more. I've been checking all week, and that "Backordered" status just sat there on the screen laughing at me.

Just checked an hour or so ago, and the status had changed to "Shipped"!!! I actually loaded the page and had closed it before it penetrated that something had changed. Had to go back and reopen the page to double check. There's a tracking number and everything! So, I guess my Dad's going to get a TouchPad after all!

Lesson - Don't give up! Don't ever give up!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Mine is still "Backordered".
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Do you all have a link? Thank in advance.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    YAY! Mine are shipped too....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonb View Post
    Do you all have a link? Thank in advance.
    The website is Zones.com.

If you're looking for a link to the TouchPad page, don't bother. It's not listed anymore. It looks like they're just trying to fill as many backorders as they can.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro1 View Post
    YAY! Mine are shipped too....
    Hey! Why are yours $0.03 less than mine? I'm going to sue!!

I bet you didn't get hit with a $6/unit recycling fee either, eh?

Congratulations! Although part of me isn't going to believe it until the package arrives and I make sure it isn't an empty box!!!
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Mine only shows "in process". I emailed them a couple of days ago and they said they could not fulfill it unless they get more from HP. I figure I'll let it sit. They did not charge my cc.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by SB Jon View Post
    Mine only shows "in process". I emailed them a couple of days ago and they said they could not fulfill it unless they get more from HP. I figure I'll let it sit. They did not charge my cc.
    Good luck! Mine changed from "Backordered" since placing the order back on Monday to "In Process" this morning to "Shipped" this afternoon, so it sounds like you've got a fighter's chance on this one.