1.    #1  
    Well, I have a number of thoughts...mostly negative about the recent dump of WebOS devices by HP, but I thought I would start with a few positives:

1) There are a lot more WebOS users now.

2) I used to hear a lot of arguments for legalizing marijuana. The only one that I thought was useful, was that there would be no more Cheech and Chong movies if they legalized it. in that vain, one thing I'm glad about is that after all the trolls did their obligatory "I told you so's here in the forums," they now seem to be out of a job. It has been a nice respite the past couple of days without all the bashing.

3) The Touchpad for many people is now a great product for a very low price.

Now for some negatives that I haven't seen mentioned much here:

1) As the trolls and the reviewers all said, the Touchpad was clearly too heavy...I believe it was the weight that brought the price down and eventually brought the WebOS division down ; )

2) "Works like nothing else" has taken a whole new meaning now that it is no longer being manufactured.

3) This one I have to say with a caveat: HP is very confused on how to "make things right," for those who got shafted with the OS upgrades on their Pres and Pixis.
    (NOTE: caveat is that HP's $50 off for early adopters, $50 coupon for apps after they Touchpad's price dropped a $100, and their current refunding the difference in price is much more than a lot of manufacturers would do and I do appreciate that). Nonetheless, HP clearly hung developers, the WebOS hardware division, and we consumers out to dry. It is hard to believe their promises and assurances at this point regardless of their validity.

4) Picking up on No. 3, HP should have communicated directly with each current Touchpad owner after the announcement. They have our contact info via synergy, they could've sent us an email explaining where they are and what they plan to do as far as:

a) maintaining the App Catalog and Accounts.

b) continuing OS updates (I know we've just got word from Dewitt promising both a and b, but see NOTE above. An email would have more legal bearing).

c) the status of Quick Office editing update, Kindle's beta app updates, and HPplay beta updates.

d) guidance as to how to best handle returns/refunds from various approved retailers, rather than just letting the consumer fend for themselves.

e) it would've been nice to have allowed current users first dibs on the reduced touchpads before opening it to the public and making it very difficult for those that had already purchased to buy a replacement, if, as in my case, a refund is not an option, except through returning the original Touchpad.
    All for One and One for All!
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post

e) it would've been nice to have allowed current users first dibs on the reduced touchpads before opening it to the public and making it very difficult for those that had already purchased to buy a replacement, if, as in my case, a refund is not an option, except through returning the original Touchpad.
    Why is this your only option? Did you buy from Amazon? There may be some good news soon if that is the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    Why is this your only option? Did you buy from Amazon? There may be some good news soon if that is the case.
    I hope they finally come around and start refunding the difference like HP has instructed their other retailers.