Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I am unable to skype between two touchpads. I can use to skype from TP to a PC but not from a TP to TP with different skype ID's and webOS profiles. Has anyone else tried to skype between TP users? It keep saying "unable to connect. contact not found"

Update: log in your PC and message the other TP, accept the invitation on TP, log out of PC, log in the second TP and now both TP are connected.

Update 2: Very important that the skype ID is all in small letters otherwise webOS would make the first alphabet capital and then it wont work
    Last edited by kkhanmd; 08/29/2011 at 12:11 AM.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I'd like to know the same thing as I have had trouble with Skype on TP.
    can someone post a line by line 'how to'?
    there is a bug between the TP and the most current PC client. I wonder if it is related to that?
    Skype worked fine for me yesterday, TP to iPad. On that note, anyway to capture video on the TP?
  5.    #5  
    I can skype TP to PC, but cant do TP to TP. Darn it, I bought TP for all my family members for that very reason.
  6.    #6  
    so anybody else has tried TP-TP skype?
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    so anybody else has tried TP-TP skype?
    Yes I have and it worked just fine. We used a wifi connection at a local Hooters. Worked fine and as expected on both Touchpads.

Then, we tried it using two Sprint Pre's (both are Pre minus) while each Pre was using it's own Freetether app and again, Touchpad to Touchpad worked as expected. Looked fairly good given the fact that we were using Sprint's EVDO signal.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    pls report version of Skype used. Used the latest 5.x for mac and macvideo was blurry, also ipad--touchpad video was fine
    tp to tp for me worked but the video was somewhat choppy. using pc to tp worked fine and video was slightly better but still choppy. im sure its just the skype client needing optimization...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
  10.    #10  
    Update: log in your PC and message the other TP, accept the invitation on TP, log out of PC, log in the second TP and now both TP are connected.
  11. NSA
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    It was kind of a hassle creating Skype accounts on the two TP's and linking them to the contact list (which I guess was pulled from my old Pre- data and Facebook).

But once we got that sorted out it was easy to make a Skype call TP to TP on our house WiFi.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I as well had the same problem, went back to contacts and made sure that they were not capitalized, if the contacts do not 100% agree it will not connect to the other TP. Give that a try hope it works
  13.    #13  
    so TP to PC: Great, good audio and video. TP to MAC: ONLY audio, NO video, bummer so many young people have maps. TP to TP: Video has to be toggled on and off so often. Audio is good. TP also need a restart occasionally as for no reason audio or video would be lost and after restarting it comes back. Clearly skype is a beta/alpha app
    has anybody emailed Skype regarding this?
  15.    #15  
    Nobody wants to do anything on a dead platform with less than a million people, H/P doesnot even own Palm patents.
    I have successfully Skyped TP to TP - I can't say why yours didn't work, but I can verify that it is possible.
  17.    #17  
    I could too, after a lot of effort, but video had to be toggled on and off otherwise the other side stop seeing it
    Those of you with issues. Are you using stock webOS? Preware patches? OC kernal?
    Those of you who are NOT having issues..stock? Patches? kernals?

p.s. My touchpad arrives on Monday(I hope) and will be able to try TP-Iphone, TP-IpodTouch, TP-MBAir2011, and TP-PC.
    My TP to TP calls did not go through. each time i would get a fast error 'unable to connect"

I was able to solve the issue with two steps. first i signed into skype on my computer and made a video call. everything worked.

Second i checked my contacts and corrected the skype names.
    the TP contacts forces "caps" for the first thing you type in a contacts field.

changes things from "Name.." to "name.."

everything worked fine after that.

I would bet the "caps" problem was the real issue for me.
    It works just fine for me, TP to TP. I set up both TPs (one for my mom) and we tested it yesterday at a Starbucks when we were together, and then today from our respective homes, and it worked fine. Neither one of us had ever used Skype on a pc before, and the accounts were brand new. Not sure if that would make a difference.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast